Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who is the best Quarteback?

Who is the best Quarteback?

Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
McCoy is getting hot at the right moment! Still my favorite QB right now!

Great Accuracy!

Anyone can have a high completion percentage when they throw 5 yard passes.
Got to be honest, he looks better now than he did earlier this season, but he will not likely translate well to the pro game.

You don't throw over 400 yrds on 5 yrd passes child please. Same was said about Brees still like how he plays along with Jordan Shipley they both should be 49ers next season!

Don't bother, this guy is a huge hater. Still butt hurt about Harrell playing in Europe or where ever he went.

You conveniently ignored the post where I explained that yes, he does throw for that many yards with 5 yard passes.

Hater I may be, but McCoy is even more of a system QB than Harrell.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Colt McCoy does not impress me at all. No way would I touch him in the 1st or 2nd round. I see too much Alex Smith in him. I pass.

Tim Hiller and Ryan Mallett>>>>>>Colt McCoy
  • Riot
  • Veteran
What are everyone's thoughts on Florida State's Christian Ponder? The guy accounts for 77% of his team's offense and plays extremely well on a pretty bad team.

Where is he projected to be drafted?

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like he'll return for his fifth year.

[ Edited by Riot on Nov 12, 2009 at 17:17:52 ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Colt McCoy does not impress me at all. No way would I touch him in the 1st or 2nd round. I see too much Alex Smith in him. I pass.

I'm not very impressed with McCoy either but Tim Hiller is better? I watched him against Central Michigan running a spread shotgun offense and he was average. He's a big pocket passer with limited mobility, average arm, and average accuracy. LeFevour and Tony Pike are much better than Hiller. Mallett on the other hand is probably a first round pick but Hiller's no better than a late round pick in my opinion.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

What about all the praise/hyep McCoy received and the discussions of him succeeding as a west coast system QB. I wanted him at the beginning of the season, I've cooled a little, but he doesn't fit our system unless we get our 196th OC and they incorporate a west coast offense.
Originally posted by Riot:
What are everyone's thoughts on Florida State's Christian Ponder? The guy accounts for 77% of his team's offense and plays extremely well on a pretty bad team.

That dude has been impressive. He will be a Heisman candidate next year for sure. He kinda reminds me of a right handed Steve Young.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:

That dude has been impressive. He will be a Heisman candidate next year for sure. He kinda reminds me of a right handed Steve Young.

Yeah, anybody who can do well on a bad team catches my eye - especially quarterbacks - and Ponder's not really in a system that grossly inflates his numbers (as far as I know). I watched the FSU - Miami game and the guy almost single-handedly won the game.

Of course, that brings me to another interesting prospect: Jacory Harris. He's a true freshman now (and threw four picks in his last game) but he's one to watch.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Yeah, anybody who can do well on a bad team catches my eye - especially quarterbacks - and Ponder's not really in a system that grossly inflates his numbers (as far as I know). I watched the FSU - Miami game and the guy almost single-handedly won the game.

Of course, that brings me to another interesting prospect: Jacory Harris. He's a true freshman now (and threw four picks in his last game) but he's one to watch.

True sophmore, but he is an interesting prospect. If he continues to develop and gets those turnovers down, he will get some serious attention in 2011.
The QB's that I think would be good for the 49ers would be, this is a toss up between Andrew Luck from Stanford, Tony Pike from Cincinnati, and Pike's replacement Zach Collaros.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Tebow FTW
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
Tebow FTW

Nah man, we want to THROW the ball sometimes too.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersfan80:

I'm not very impressed with McCoy either but Tim Hiller is better? I watched him against Central Michigan running a spread shotgun offense and he was average. He's a big pocket passer with limited mobility, average arm, and average accuracy. LeFevour and Tony Pike are much better than Hiller. Mallett on the other hand is probably a first round pick but Hiller's no better than a late round pick in my opinion.

I'm getting mixed signals.
Sam Bradford the next Peyton Manning....... we need him
Locker is very raw and i think you should stay 1 more year in college, as for McCoy, i really like Colt McCoy but he does not look more than 6ft tall and that might cause him to fall a little bit. But im still convinced that we got our future QB in Nate Davis

We won´t be drafting a QB in the first 2 rounds
  • titan
  • Veteran
Ryan Mallet! Just watched the game in LittleRock! That QB is ridiculous. We never know how a college player translates to NFL, but this is a can't miss prospect. 6' 7" 240lbs. rolling out and running for first down, throwing flat footed to avoid pass rush 30 to 40 yards on target.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home