There are 247 users in the forums

Eric Berry ?

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by teeohh:
he's on now. so it's time to see him tear up Va Tech

I hope he plays horrible so that he slips to us

damn Negro I was thinking samething regarding Dan Williams(DT/NT)

Actually it looks like Berry is playing not to get hurt tonight

I'm just looking for any reason for him to slip to us...
Wow, Berry is just phoning in this game...
Originally posted by teeohh:
he's on now. so it's time to see him tear up Va Tech

I hope he plays horrible so that he slips to us

I think your getting your wish, he looks better to me playing deep.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Wow, Berry is just phoning in this game...

I was thinking the same thing.

Can't say as I blame him. Look at Willis McGahee. He had the potential to be the first overall pick (definitely top 5) before he blew out his knee. He still went in the first round but the difference between top 5 money and #23 money is huge.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4787179

Eric Berry has made it official for 2010
Originally posted by DarkShinobiX:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4787179

Eric Berry has made it official for 2010

He pretty much tanked it tonight but I would still hella take him in the middle at FS behind Willis. The main thing we'd need to do though would probably be trade up hella to get him. Hopefully his stock falls a little though. I would love to have him on this team.
He's gone before both our 1st round picks so why worry about it?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

There's always the idea of trading up. Dude just think about it, Having Willis as the MLB, and then Berry behind him at FS. Nobody would ever get past both of those guys.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

There's always the idea of trading up. Dude just think about it, Having Willis as the MLB, and then Berry behind him at FS. Nobody would ever get past both of those guys.

We won't trade up for him. And I doubt we are willing to give up enough ammo to trade up to #5 or so where he will be had.
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A

raven's Reed+Lewis version.2????

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Originally posted by ptinerocket:

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Exactly, it'd be absolutely AMAZING bro.

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I started this thread and never even thought about the new age lewis/reed tandem

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

To be honest I havent seen alot of him live, nor have I seen much film. But I have yet to read of anyone who doesnt feel he is a legitimate NFL FS with the ability to take a game over.

For the past five drafts I have been hoping and praying for the 49ers to invest their usual top 15 draft pick into a stud FS. I knew the 49ers defense needed just what Ed Reed brought to the Ravens defense. A QB for our defense, someone who would lead the communication and constantly be getting in the opposing QBs head. Once we landed Patrick Wills and I realized he was not only as good as Lewis but on the road to much better, I knew we were a FS a way from being dominate.

Problem was over the past five drafts or so, there really hasnt been a FS out there that was worthy of such a high pick, who in fact really was a "game changer". Oakland tried with Huff and the Patriots went late first on Merriweather. But neither of them have proven to be the next "Ed Reed".

From what I have read from all of you and all the experts is that Eric Berry is really "all that". Yet he has been quickly disregarded as "he will be long gone" or "no way we could get him". To that I say BS. This draft and this offseason in particular is just the year that the 49ers might try and truly draft for a "special player". It definitely wouldnt have made sense during the past rebuilding years but now esspecially with Warner's retirement and the NFC West so up for grabs, the 49ers might go big.

The other thing that draws me to Berry is that most experts have him off the board at #3 to Tampa Bay. A FS at #3 has to be a game changer esspecially for a team like TB that has lots of needs.

If in fact Eric Berry is "that" talented to warrant that much respect, I want him roaming our defensive backfield for the next decade, period. If we have to give back our extra 2nd round pick to do so, so be it. Our picks in the first round roughly equal the value at #3. So a swap of #13 and #17 could get us there...or I strongly feel we could offer #13, next year's first and our 2nd (same value as #3) allowing us to still have two 1st round picks so we can nab the best OL at #17.

Call me a dreamer, maybe. And if that is the case than I would want Berry even more. Sliding Goldson over to SS and bringing in an Ed Reed clone would be what we have needed to go from a "stops the run, pretty good defense" to a "lockdown" defense.
[ Edited by TonyMantana on Feb 2, 2010 at 3:16 PM ]
we'd need a miracle for him to fall to us. Then again, that's what everyone said about us getting crabtree. So you never know. But I seriously doubt it happens.
Share 49ersWebzone