LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Eric Berry ?

The way he returns ints and fumbles, maybe he's the answer to our return game as well. Berry is really shifty and reads blockers well.

Ed Reed returned punts a year or two ago. Maybe he IS the second coming of Reed...

Originally posted by DarthNiner:
The way he returns ints and fumbles, maybe he's the answer to our return game as well. Berry is really shifty and reads blockers well.

Ed Reed returned punts a year or two ago. Maybe he IS the second coming of Reed...

ya but the thing is i doubt he falls to us
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I don't know man....Carolina is looking like it's headed towards a top 5 pick. I don't watch much college ball but Jesus this kid has a sick highlight reel.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I know Eric Berry is GREAT! But, out of curiosity..Is he fast? Is he faster or fast as Taylor Mays?
In that Video, was it just me or were those pics not that impressive? That one against Florida was nice but all the other ones were just thrown right to him or tipped. He knew what to do with the ball when he got it and he can sure hit. I'd love it if he fell to us!
Originally posted by ImaMod:
I know Eric Berry is GREAT! But, out of curiosity..Is he fast? Is he faster or fast as Taylor Mays?

He's way better than Mays I can tell you that! I would assume he would post a better 40 time than Mays but only the Combine would tell if that is true!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

He's way better than Mays I can tell you that! I would assume he would post a better 40 time than Mays but only the Combine would tell if that is true!

Theres no doubt that hes better than Mays...Mays is just a physical freak and a big hitter....Berry is a true ball hawk..
I was just curious 'cause our defense, actually our secondary is slooow...
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Theres no doubt that hes better than Mays...Mays is just a physical freak and a big hitter....Berry is a true ball hawk..
I was just curious 'cause our defense, actually our secondary is slooow...

Berry would be a great FS for us I assume hope we get him!
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
we all know he's great

BUT the problem is we can't get him

should we trade up???!
Originally posted by ptinerocket:
we all know he's great

BUT the problem is we can't get him

should we trade up???!

At this point I say f it and go for it. On the DeShaun Jackson long bomb you can see Mike Lewis a step or two behind him. Berry would've stopped him. Atleast it'd fix one problem.

For those of you who want any chance of Eric Berry falling to us (which is everyone I hope), you better hope that the Bears beat the Vikings on Monday night because unless the Panthers loose their last two games and the Bears win their last two games (their last game is against the Lions) the Broncos (who own the Bears first round pick) will pick in front of us, and I gaurantee that if he is there when the Broncos pick they will not pass him up. They have Brian Dawkins at FS and he is 36 and not getting any younger. Lets hope the Bears can pull out the upset, otherwise-- goodbye Eric Berry. That should make Monday Night Football a little more entertaining at least.
[ Edited by Superbowl09 on Dec 26, 2009 at 6:55 AM ]

Originally posted by kstolai:

Odds are not good that he will fall to us, but anything can happen. We were shown that last year when Crabtree fell to us. I NEVER thought that would happen, but it did. I could see the same thing happening this year with Berry falling to us. You never know.
[ Edited by Superbowl09 on Dec 26, 2009 at 11:36 AM ]
If he's there the answer is not yes, we take him. It's hell yes, we take him. Don't get your heart set though. Looks like he's going top 5. He'll be long gone by the time we're up unless we're picking as high as 7 or 8.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
If he's there the answer is not yes, we take him. It's hell yes, we take him. Don't get your heart set though. Looks like he's going top 5. He'll be long gone by the time we're up unless we're picking as high as 7 or 8.

i hope for a crabtree fall
Share 49ersWebzone