There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bradford done ?

Did anybody see how his shoulder injury happened. It looked exactly like Alex Smith's injury happened. Poor luck for Bradford. If he has the same kind of injury, this is costing him tons of money.

[ Edited by stever on Sep 6, 2009 at 07:04:27 ]
I hope he's not, for the sake of the kid.

That being said, I don't grade him as a superior pro prospect. In fact, I've got four QB's graded higher entering this draft.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,933
SO far reports say AC sprain but no grade has been assigned so possibly 2-4 weeks. He has an MRI scheduled for this AM so we should know more soon.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,504
If he tore the ligaments in that shoulder, I definetely will downgrade him. If it's just a grade I sprain, then he remains my #1 Qb in the draft.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I hope he's not, for the sake of the kid.

That being said, I don't grade him as a superior pro prospect. In fact, I've got four QB's graded higher entering this draft.

Wow really, who are the four?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I hope he's not, for the sake of the kid.

That being said, I don't grade him as a superior pro prospect. In fact, I've got four QB's graded higher entering this draft.

McCoy, Snead

but I'm not sure of the the other two lol. maybe Tebow?
and the other I have no clue l
Bradford is a good player and person but to be honest im not a big fan. he reminds me of alex smith. he might have a real nice career but he needs everything perfect to stand out. he had an awesome ol last year, 2 1000 yard running backs, 2 or 3 nfl wrs, and an awesome tight end. now the first game he has an all new ol he gets injured, he didnt look as awesome as he did last year with iglesias and manuel johnson during the part of the game before he got injured. and when you look at last years highlights he always has a clean pocket.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Bradford is a good player and person but to be honest im not a big fan. he reminds me of alex smith. he might have a real nice career but he needs everything perfect to stand out. he had an awesome ol last year, 2 1000 yard running backs, 2 or 3 nfl wrs, and an awesome tight end. now the first game he has an all new ol he gets injured, he didnt look as awesome as he did last year with iglesias and manuel johnson during the part of the game before he got injured. and when you look at last years highlights he always has a clean pocket.

he reminds me of smith too. Thing is tho, he might, with this injury, get selected in the latter half of the first round and end up on a good team where he could sit and learn.

Alex never had that luxury. We all wanted him to be peyton manning but he's just not that special.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Bradford is a good player and person but to be honest im not a big fan. he reminds me of alex smith. he might have a real nice career but he needs everything perfect to stand out. he had an awesome ol last year, 2 1000 yard running backs, 2 or 3 nfl wrs, and an awesome tight end. now the first game he has an all new ol he gets injured, he didnt look as awesome as he did last year with iglesias and manuel johnson during the part of the game before he got injured. and when you look at last years highlights he always has a clean pocket.

watch the Texas game and tell me he had a clean pocket whle throwing 5 TD's. His line was good last year, no doubt, but he also helped his line with his quick release and good pocket presence.

I knew this was going to happen after the loss. People instantly start with the hate. He threw 6 passes is the damn game! On top of that there were three dropped passes. The play calling was horrific and Wilson was trying to let the line form an identity early in the season and calling run after run. OU was awful in a lot of ways and deserved the loss. In no way was this loss his fault.
According to Sooner head coach Bob Stoops, Bradford is suffering from a Grade 2 or Grade 3 sprain of the AC joint in his throwing shoulder, not the minor Grade 1 sprain the program was hoping for.

He is going to drop now
Dumb move by him coming back for his senior year. He should have entered the draft last year when his value was at its highest.
He could still come back another year as he has another year of eligibility.

EDIT: grade 2 or 3 isn't that what Alex Smith had?

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Sep 7, 2009 at 12:43:27 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,504
I think Alex had a grade 3 since he tore the ligaments and needed surgery. I agree though, he should have came out this year and got paid for getting hurt.
sweet, now we can grab him with just one of our first round picks and still use the other for some pass rush!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
sweet, now we can grab him with just one of our first round picks and still use the other for some pass rush!

I was thinking of the same thing.