There are 201 users in the forums

Eric Berry or Taylor Mays?

Eric Berry or Taylor Mays?

Man if we could land both that would be awesome.But if we can only have one,this team needs Berry much more than Mays.Berry is going pro next year,Lane Kiffin has already said that he has been told by Berry that he is gonna go pro.I have seen both Mays and Berry play several games and Berry is superior all around.He can play any of the DB positions and averages over 40 yards a return on his interceptions.Not only does he go after the ball,he is as sure a tackler as there is in the SEC,and delivers punishing hits.He is much closer to the Ronnie Lott Jr. than Mays by a wide margin.Mays will have to learn how to cover in order to even be considered an elite safety,big hits do not make a good safety.
Mays
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Neither. How about a QB? A pass rusher?
Eric Berry is a FS. Mays is a SS. We will need a SS next year for sure. I love MAys, and would take Mays all the way. He has a body of a LB with WR speed. That is sick. Wouldn't be amazing if we drafted both!!! BERRY & MAYS!!!!!!
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Mays

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If Berry isn't there, take Mays and vice versa.
With Lewis's concussions I think we may need to take both. But Mays is a SS and Berry is a FS.
seeing as we will probably need a ss, i would go with Mays.
Why does everyone think Goldson is a FS? Sure he has more range than Roman, but being better than dogsh*t doesn't make you great.

If anything, Goldson is a SS. So he makes INTs in practice but I have yet to see that translate on game day. What I do notice though, is that he hits everything moving in the defensive backfield. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall any play during preseason where he's batted a ball down.

All I see him do is come up and hit running backs, WRs, and TEs like a semi barrelling down a highway.

Eric Berry is clearly a better prospect than Mays. Berry would definitely be my choice because he has centerfield ability ala Ed Reed, a bonafide true FS.
I'd take either to be honest. The question is really in how you can use either of these talents. In my opinion it's Berry= Ed Reed and Mays= Troy Polamalu. So if you take on of these guys who can you put in position to help your Defense the most and help lead it with Willis?

Willis scares most from crossing the middle, but if you could add a deeper threat in Mays to make Fitz or Boldin, Housh, etc. think about the safety I would prefer that.

id perfer mays he is the willis of the secondary him and a dominate NT would make us a top 5 D (reggie smith or goldson at FS)
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
id perfer mays he is the willis of the secondary him and a dominate NT would make us a top 5 D (reggie smith or goldson at FS)

But we go back to the same old issue....who is gonna throw the ball for us? I'm not sure if we can really go with a FS or SS this year unless Goldson and Smith really stink up the joint.
I heard Eric Berry had a good game today. Did anyone see him play?
Originally posted by PTulini:
I heard Eric Berry had a good game today. Did anyone see him play?

I tired keeping an eye out for him....I was watching 3 games at work Nothing really stood out to me but its early in the season.
Berry is clearly the better player.
Share 49ersWebzone