There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers to Target the 2010 QB Draft Class???

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Just asking... Would you guys be open to trading for a QB? Say it was Browns QB Brady Quinn?
Definately not Brady Quinn...


yeah hes garbage. he just doesnt seem like an nfl qb. he was overrated for a while because of what he did in college.

what do you guys think of washington qb jake locker?

Jake locker is the real deal. And so is Moore at Boise state
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I'm not impressed with any of the QBs in this upcoming draft (maybe except for Snead). I would like to develop Nate Davis. I think we've got something with him.

Agree 100%
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by AC49er:
Originally posted by Vol49er:
Depending on how high our OTHER 1st round pick ends up being, I would be ecstatic if we were able to get Colt McCoy. In my fantasy world, we are able to package Craptree and our (2) 1st rounders to get up high enough to get Sam Bradford. I know that will never happen, but I can dream. Seriously though, we have a great shot at getting McCoy next year. I would be extremely happy to get him in the 10-15 range.

Crabtree & 2 1st for Bradford??? What are you smoking?

LOL Just amazing some of the posts you read in here. Its not quite as bad as saying that Pat White would be better than Mark Sanchez like some poster I know - but very close.

Guys, I am not THAT dumb, haha! I meant to type Crabs and ONE of our (2) 1st Rounders to get up there high enough to get Bradford.....or if he keeps up the way he is playing, Ryan Mallet from Arkansas.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by AC49er:
Originally posted by Vol49er:
Depending on how high our OTHER 1st round pick ends up being, I would be ecstatic if we were able to get Colt McCoy. In my fantasy world, we are able to package Craptree and our (2) 1st rounders to get up high enough to get Sam Bradford. I know that will never happen, but I can dream. Seriously though, we have a great shot at getting McCoy next year. I would be extremely happy to get him in the 10-15 range.

Crabtree & 2 1st for Bradford??? What are you smoking?

LOL Just amazing some of the posts you read in here. Its not quite as bad as saying that Pat White would be better than Mark Sanchez like some poster I know - but very close.

He will be
For the record, (whomever made that comment) I have never given up on Alex Smith. I just think maybe its best for both sides if he were to move on to other oppertunities at the end of this season. That is unless we need him during this season and he plays well. You never know what will happen?
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Just asking... Would you guys be open to trading for a QB? Say it was Browns QB Brady Quinn?
Definately not Brady Quinn...


yeah hes garbage. he just doesnt seem like an nfl qb. he was overrated for a while because of what he did in college.

what do you guys think of washington qb jake locker?

Jake locker is the real deal. And so is Moore at Boise state

I agree that Locker has all the tools to be the real deal, but he still needs to work on improving his accuracy - and who better to help him than Sarkisian... the kid is an absolute warrior and whoever drafts him will be getting an absolute diamond in the ruff.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I want Sam Bradford but I have feeling he will go #1 overall.

If Tim Tebow improves as a passer, he would be my second choice. Really really interested in seeing his new QB coach improve his mechanics. Would like to see him take more snaps under center and go through his progressions.

I say we draft Mccoy.

I like tebow, and I like Bradford, but Mccoy is a Niner. He reminds me of steve young, only right handed.

I think he'll go in the top 10, but he wont go number #1.

And remember, bradford may stay if he doesn't recover well and he doesn't win a championship....

Tebow is awesome, but the guy has a really slow release and he'll get picked off in the nfl like crazy...
if all were available who would you choose?

Bradford
Tebow
Snead
McCoy

just out of these
hate on tebow all u want but the dude looks pretty damn impressive. he's destroying kentucky by himself. the dude from oregon looks pretty good too, they murdered Cal
Originally posted by teeohh:
if all were available who would you choose?

Bradford
Tebow
Snead
McCoy

just out of these

No doubt about it for me... Texas QB Colt McCoy.





Quote:
“We are extremely pleased with the selection of Colt McCoy as our Player of the Year,” Barbarotta said. “Colt’s leadership and performance for the Longhorns’ offense – whether it was passing the ball or running it - has been most impressive and extremely worthy of this prestigious honor.”

The 6-foot 3, 210-pound McCoy is a Walter Camp First Team All-America selection after leading a Longhorn offense that ranks sixth in the country in scoring (43.9 points per game). Texas (11-1), ranked third in the final BCS standings, will play in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 5, 2009, against Ohio State (10-2).

One of only three quarterbacks nationally that has rushed for at least 500 yards and thrown for more than 3,000 yards this season, McCoy leads the nation in passing efficiency (179.2 QB rating) and completion percentage (77.6%). He has completed 291-of-375 passes for 3,445 yards and 32 touchdowns and also leads the Longhorns in rushing with 576 yards and has scored 10 touchdowns on the ground.

McCoy was at his best in the Longhorns’ four games against top 25 opponents (Texas was 3-1) this season. He completed 115-of-146 passes for 1,299 yards (324.8 yards per game) and 11 touchdowns and added 111 yards and three touchdowns on the ground. McCoy was named the Walter Camp National Offensive Player of the Week on October 18 after completing 90.6 percent (29-of-32) of his passes for 337 yards and two touchdowns in a 56-31 victory over then-11th-ranked Missouri. He also completed a school-record 17 straight passes during the game.

For his career, McCoy holds Texas school records for victories (31), passing yards (9,318), passing touchdowns (83), total offense (10,556), completions (784), passing attempts (1,117), (completion percentage (70.2%) and passing efficiency (159.1 rating).

2008 Walter Camp Player of the Year
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,263
Originally posted by teeohh:
if all were available who would you choose?

Bradford
Tebow
Snead
McCoy

just out of these

Sam Bradford, without even blinking and without a doubt!!!
Probably McCoy at this point.

I don't really like Jevan Snead at all.

I like McCoy, Tebow, Bradford, Locker, and Pike. Honorable mention to LeFevour. Next year, Clausen I think will finally develop into a true top QB. He's off to a good start, but one more year of development will do wonders for him.
I would rather stick with Davis and draft a RT, NT, and pass rusher with our top 3 picks.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
I would rather stick with Davis and draft a RT, NT, and pass rusher with our top 3 picks.

That is also a possibility.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
I would rather stick with Davis and draft a RT, NT, and pass rusher with our top 3 picks.

That is also a possibility.

If all 3 of those picks hit we would be Super Bowl contenders IMO. Along with Free Agency.