LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

49ers to Target the 2010 QB Draft Class???

Originally posted by PTulini:
Just asking... Would you guys be open to trading for a QB? Say it was Browns QB Brady Quinn?

Definately not Brady Quinn...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Just asking... Would you guys be open to trading for a QB? Say it was Browns QB Brady Quinn?

for a 4th-7th round pick, no doubt I'd make that trade.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

They might take A.Smith strait up as bad as Quinn has been
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jcs:

Even better!!!
At this point, I would like to draft Texas QB Colt McCoy, Ole Miss QB Jevan Snead, or Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen.
At this point, I would like to draft Texas QB Colt McCoy, Ole Miss QB Jevan Snead, or Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen.

i think thats the consensus so far. the two games ive seen McCoy play havent been that good. he still looks sick but not as dominant as last year

Best case scenario: We either strike gold in developing Nate Davis, or draft either of the 3 above. (Colt McCoy would look awesome in a 9ers uniform).

Worst case scenario: The Alex Smith train rides on into 2010.

But I think it's pretty clear the Alex Smith train is coming to an end, Singletary has smelled Alex Smith's timidness first-hand within his first off-season.
Originally posted by abowers1984:

yeah hes garbage. he just doesnt seem like an nfl qb. he was overrated for a while because of what he did in college.

what do you guys think of washington qb jake locker?

Even better!!!

and when did you hop off the Smith bandwagon... its funny how everybody seemed to do that in the middle of the night - Here's to everyone of the original dissenters: Alex Smith was never going to amount to s**t and we knew it.
i'm not in love with any qb if we choose a qb in the first round i will be scared

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
i'm not in love with any qb if we choose a qb in the first round i will be scared

There is still a lot of college football to be played so keep watching and one might impress you enough. It's perfectly fine and probably even better than you are not leaning towards one as your mind is open and waiting to be wowed or at least shown potential to be a franchise QB.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Even better!!!

and when did you hop off the Smith bandwagon... its funny how everybody seemed to do that in the middle of the night - Here's to everyone of the original dissenters: Alex Smith was never going to amount to s**t and we knew it.

Obviously abowers you haven't been following my post since we drafted Alex Smith. Was never a fan of his, I always supported him though. Truth is, I wanted to draft Aaron Rodgers, Braylon Edwards, Ronnie Brown and even Antrel Rolle. I considered a lot of things when we had the #1 overall pick, and I shy'd away from wanting to draft Alex for so many of them, mainly because I thought he was nothing spectacular in college.

Don't remember you here in 2005.
I'm not impressed with any of the QBs in this upcoming draft (maybe except for Snead). I would like to develop Nate Davis. I think we've got something with him.
Been a huge fan of Snead for the last season or so and am firmly near the front of the bandwagon, but if we don't take him then I want in on the Clausen bandwagon!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

yeah hes garbage. he just doesnt seem like an nfl qb. he was overrated for a while because of what he did in college.

what do you guys think of washington qb jake locker?

Jake locker is the real deal. And so is Moore at Boise state
Share 49ersWebzone