LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

49ers to Target the 2010 QB Draft Class???

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Colt McCoy baby

Wont be available.

ya, and grisley adams had a beard
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Colt McCoy baby

Wont be available.

Grisley Adams did have a beard
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Colt McCoy baby

Wont be available.

Grisley Adams did have a beard

Colt McCoy baby

Wont be available.

I would be willing to bet that Colt McCoy will be available, but if not, I bet we could trade up to get him. I predict Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford gets drafted #1 overall! (probably by St. Louis)
Originally posted by PTulini:
Colt McCoy baby

Wont be available.

I would be willing to bet that Colt McCoy will be available, but if not, I bet we could trade up to get him. I predict Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford gets drafted #1 overall! (probably by St. Louis)

Bradford goes #1 overall, which leaves the rest of the NFL to choose from McCoy, Jevan Snead, and Tebow in the first round. The biggest concern I would have as a Niner fan is the Seattle Seahawks. They also have two first round picks and they definitely need to find their successor to Hasselbeck. Jevan Snead would not be a bad pickup in the middle of the 1st round IMHO if McCoy is already gone.

Other teams who need QB's that should pick ahead of the Niners are the Jaguars, Bills and Redskins.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Aug 24, 2009 at 6:34 AM ]
We better target a QB!!! Thank goodness we have 2 1st rounders to play with.
Originally posted by miked1978:
We better target a QB!!! Thank goodness we have 2 1st rounders to play with.

id rather not alex shows a lot of promise i think we should adress the NT and OLB positions
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
That's speculation in the original post, who really knows what McCloughan is thinking. I guess I'm in the minority in thinking the '10 class is a little overrated.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Colt McCoy baby

Wont be available.

A lot could change during the upcoming college season, but I would also bet Colt drops to at least one of our two first round picks. I don't think he is going to wow at the combine, which could chase off a few teams.
i think we r gunna get a QB in the draft cuz mike says he dosnt see anything special in hill or smith

I would go NT and OLB first. Nate can develop into a great QB IMO. I would like to see us get Terrance Cody. His big body would instantly improve the run defense and pass rush.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
I would go NT and OLB first. Nate can develop into a great QB IMO. I would like to see us get Terrance Cody. His big body would instantly improve the run defense and pass rush.

Do the 49ers really need a NT? Aubrayo Franklin gets bashed by 49ers fans, but last time I checked, the 49ers are pretty good against the run. The 49ers play a 1 gap 3-4, which is basically like a 4-3 with the SAM playing up on the line.

Is he Vince Wilfork? No.

Is a NT vital to a 3-4 defense? Yes.

But I think getting a pass rusher, QB, or even a RT/CB should be a higher priority.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Cody will not go in the 1st round. I think the main thing he will have to prove first before hes even a lock in the 1st round, and #1 I think its conditioning. I'm pretty sure scouts will ask his college coaches on how he does in practice and during game time, which scouts and NFL coaches will watch tons of film on him to see if he gasses during games, which most big DT's do, but how often does he have to come out and how long before he loses technique during game time. That would be my guess.
One of ESPN's NFL Draft "experts", Todd McShay described Texas QB Colt McCoy as "a gamer" and a "clutch performer." He said if he had to pick a QB for one game, it would be Colt McCoy!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Cody will not go in the 1st round. I think the main thing he will have to prove first before hes even a lock in the 1st round, and #1 I think its conditioning. I'm pretty sure scouts will ask his college coaches on how he does in practice and during game time, which scouts and NFL coaches will watch tons of film on him to see if he gasses during games, which most big DT's do, but how often does he have to come out and how long before he loses technique during game time. That would be my guess.

Been saying this since the 2nd half of last season... Glad to see some of my 49er bretheren are starting to see the light.
Share 49ersWebzone