LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 312 users in the forums

49ers to Target the 2010 QB Draft Class???

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
I would go NT and OLB first. Nate can develop into a great QB IMO. I would like to see us get Terrance Cody. His big body would instantly improve the run defense and pass rush.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Cody will not go in the 1st round. I think the main thing he will have to prove first before hes even a lock in the 1st round, and #1 I think its conditioning. I'm pretty sure scouts will ask his college coaches on how he does in practice and during game time, which scouts and NFL coaches will watch tons of film on him to see if he gasses during games, which most big DT's do, but how often does he have to come out and how long before he loses technique during game time. That would be my guess.

Been saying this since the 2nd half of last season... Glad to see some of my 49er bretheren are starting to see the light.

He reminds me of Ahmad Childress who was also coming out of Alabama, who everyone projected would go in the late 1st to early 2nd round. Next thing you know his conditioning and work habits were exposed and he didn't end up getting drafted at all.

rock on!!!
I'd love Bradford, but I doubt we will have a chance to get him, and I'm skeptical about Colt, even though he will probably be a top 5 pick so I doubt we have a shot at him.

I'd also hate to see us draft another 1 year wonder QB, and I'd puke if we draft Tebow, Snead wouldn't be a reach, I wouldn't mind him...but still Bradford would be godlike
There is no doubt in my mind that the 49ers will draft a QB with one of their 2 picks in next years draft. I think this could be it for Smith and I just dont think the team is that high on Hill.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
I'd love Bradford, but I doubt we will have a chance to get him, and I'm skeptical about Colt, even though he will probably be a top 5 pick so I doubt we have a shot at him.

I'd also hate to see us draft another 1 year wonder QB, and I'd puke if we draft Tebow, Snead wouldn't be a reach, I wouldn't mind him...but still Bradford would be godlike

i wouldnt take tebow with a first but if we miss bradford and mccoy i would address the other needs we have in the 1st and take tebow in the 2nd. i dont see anything wrong with the guy. lets let the year play out first
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

i wouldnt take tebow with a first but if we miss bradford and mccoy i would address the other needs we have in the 1st and take tebow in the 2nd. i dont see anything wrong with the guy. lets let the year play out first

No more Urban Meyer QB's

I just don't like all the question marks about the guys arm accuracy down field, pocket presence, and ability dissect an offense (with his arm).

He's nice for Florida and what they do, but I don't know if we will ever be a good/great QB...that's just my opinion though.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Aug 28, 2009 at 7:29 PM ]
if tebow tears it up during the senior bowl i will not be surprised if singletary trys to get mccoughlan into taking him if hes there with our last 1st rd pick. singletary will love his toughness and leadership qualities he brings. when tebow talks you listen. by the way i hate florida and will not think tebow will amount to anything as a qb in the nfl. only reason i wouldnt mind having tebow is for what he brings as a person and he leaves it all on the field, highest rd i'll take him is the 3rd

Taking another Urban Meyer in the top half of the draft would be just retarted... You dont even need to point the fact that Smith is actually a better passer than Tebow and still incapable of earning a starting position as a QB, just the idea of getting burned again by another QB from that system would leave McCloughan and the 9ers as whole open to such extreme criticism, that his name probably wont even be linked to the QB position on our board.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
There is no doubt in my mind that the 49ers will draft a QB with one of their 2 picks in next years draft. I think this could be it for Smith and I just dont think the team is that high on Hill.

i dont think that would be a good idea

Originally posted by abowers1984:

Taking another Urban Meyer in the top half of the draft would be just retarted... You dont even need to point the fact that Smith is actually a better passer than Tebow and still incapable of earning a starting position as a QB, just the idea of getting burned again by another QB from that system would leave McCloughan and the 9ers as whole open to such extreme criticism, that his name probably wont even be linked to the QB position on our board.

i had him listed as a 3rd option. i hope it doesnt come to it and we get McCoy but if we get tebow, yes, he's an urban meyer QB but Tebow is nothing like Alex. Alex is pretty timid, where Tebow is like a volcano ready to erupt. the guy has so much intensity. his leadership is off the charts. Alex for the most part is not a high energy guy like tebow.

check out this article, it compares tebow to some of the other top QB's
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/42489-tim-tebow-the-next-alex-smith-part-i
Pending on how he does this season and if he enters:

Kevin Riley
Top 5 Quarterbacks in this order:
1. Sam Bradford
2. Colt McCoy
3. Jevan Snead
4. Dan LeFevour
5. Zac Robinson (I think this guy is grossly underrated)
I don't like Bradford....I said it! Sorry but a guy who only plays in a shotgun formation and anytime there is pressure on him struggles (see Florida game) is someone I don't want. Let someone else grab Tim Couch the second!

I am so-so on Colt McCoy, because I love his mobility and his experience. Incredibly accurate and has MADE HIS TEAMMATES BETTER! I just worry that his arm strength is questionable. He is not working with the same talent level as Oklahoma, but led them to a victory over Oklahoma last year.

I REALLY like Snead and hope that he's the one we get if we end up with one. Tough defensive conference, great skill set (arm, mobility, size, and leadership). More of a traditional QB than Tebow and some others, so let's keep an eye on him.

Tebow is someone I could only justify if it was late in Rd 1 or Rd 2. I do worry about Alex Smith part 2, but love the leadership skills and passion for the game he brings. Singletary did say 'I want winners!'
Originally posted by 52isabeast:
I don't like Bradford....I said it! Sorry but a guy who only plays in a shotgun formation and anytime there is pressure on him struggles (see Florida game) is someone I don't want. Let someone else grab Tim Couch the second!

I am so-so on Colt McCoy, because I love his mobility and his experience. Incredibly accurate and has MADE HIS TEAMMATES BETTER! I just worry that his arm strength is questionable. He is not working with the same talent level as Oklahoma, but led them to a victory over Oklahoma last year.

I REALLY like Snead and hope that he's the one we get if we end up with one. Tough defensive conference, great skill set (arm, mobility, size, and leadership). More of a traditional QB than Tebow and some others, so let's keep an eye on him.

Tebow is someone I could only justify if it was late in Rd 1 or Rd 2. I do worry about Alex Smith part 2, but love the leadership skills and passion for the game he brings. Singletary did say 'I want winners!'

Doesn't Texas pretty much always have better recruiting classes than OU? Texas is always loaded with top teir talent.
Share 49ersWebzone