There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 2010 Draft and our 2 1st rounders

• TowelBoy
  • Info N/A
Okay, this is what's going to happen. Alex Smith is going to have a breakout year and we are going to draft Cody and an elite pass rusher.
  • ColumbusNiner
  • Info N/A
I'm going to be watching Sergio Kindle next year.. he was mentioned once in this thread already, but I really think he's on the verge of becoming one of the best OLBs in college football. He's huge, fast, and could be a terror as a 3-4 rush OLB.
  • TowelBoy
  • Info N/A
While we're talking about how stacked our 3-4 front seven may turn out to be after next year's first round, I don't think I need to start a new thread for this.

How do we feel about Kentawn Balmer's chances of being a legit first-round talent? What if he pans out?

Balmer - Cody - Smith

Lawson - McKillop - Willis - New Elite Passrusher

Obviously I hope for the best, but I have that dreaded feeling that the Seahawks pick from the freshly retarded Broncos (+ their own) will outdo our picks and allow them to get who we want.
i think we should go T and either Bradford or McCoy with our two 1st rounders next year.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
People keep stating we "got over" by getting an extra 1st. for next year, so I posed this assignment:

Who's the top 25 players for next years draft ???

Here ya go!

I'm sorry, but no way should the highest rated player be a Free Safety. In my eyes, free safety is the position where CBs who are too slow are moved to.

Niner

Ed Reed. Troy Polamalu. Sean Taylor. Bob Sanders. these are the kinds of talent teams are looking for. if Mays draws enough comparison to one of those guys, he could very well go 1st overall. Ed Reed is one of the best defensive playmakers in football.
Getting the extra 1st next year was huge...so many good talents at need positions. Cody and Mays/berry are obvious targets. There are also some great prospects for 3/4 DE or OLB, like Marvin Austin, Carlos Dunlao, Sergio Kindle, Gerald McCoy...

TO be honest, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that Sing and McC are looking at 2009 purely as an evaluation year - figure out what you have with the QBs and guys like Balmer, Rachal, Haralson, Lawson, Goodson, etc., try and win a few games but really build towards being a very good team in 2010. Find your biggest holes and plug in 2 starters from the 2010 first round and whatever is available with the still-large free agent $ available and try to lock down the NFC West.

In 2010, Kurt Warner will be 39, Matt Hasselbeck will be 35, Marc Bulger will be 33, and none of their teams look poised for big things.

I will be hoping for great things out of the niners this year but I think 2010 is the real breakout year.
  • jame-gumb
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ColumbusNiner:
I'm going to be watching Sergio Kindle next year.. he was mentioned once in this thread already, but I really think he's on the verge of becoming one of the best OLBs in college football. He's huge, fast, and could be a terror as a 3-4 rush OLB.

Right you are. Word is that he's been working on his pass-rush moves this off-season with Muschamp and will slide into Orakpo's DE spot this fall. He very well could be the top pass rusher in the 2010 draft.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AC49er:
Would rather get our Franchise QB

Sam Bradford, baby.
As far as QBs, I'll be watching Jevan Snead, Dan Levefour, and Zac Robinson. I guess I'm in the minority, when I say that I'm not that impressed with Sam Bradford.

Kindle, Selvie, Greg Hardy, Eric Berry, Taylor Mays, Dez Bryant, Spikes. 2010 looks to be much deeper than this past draft.
Originally posted by Envy:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
With 2 1st round picks, we should be in perfect position to take NT Terrence "Mount" Cody from Alabama. The 6'5'', 370 NT is simply unstoppable.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1701

370 lbs is a injury liability waiting to happen.

Heart Attack
Originally posted by DesiDez:
As far as QBs, I'll be watching Jevan Snead, Dan Levefour, and Zac Robinson. I guess I'm in the minority, when I say that I'm not that impressed with Sam Bradford.

Kindle, Selvie, Greg Hardy, Eric Berry, Taylor Mays, Dez Bryant, Spikes. 2010 looks to be much deeper than this past draft.

you arent the only 1 not impressed with bradford. i dont want either bradford, mccoy and especially tebow. i'll take my chance with lefevour before any of them. but i hope smith breaks out and shows signs of being a #1 pick so we can go with berry and a pass rusher
Eric Berry has to be one of the picks.

The other one could go OT (Bryan Bulaga) is Marvel Smith and Alex Boone doesn't work out.

And of course, Terrence Cody.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
With 2 1st round picks, we should be in perfect position to take NT Terrence "Mount" Cody from Alabama. The 6'5'', 370 NT is simply unstoppable.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1701

That's too big IMO. He needs to cut at least 20 lbs if he wants to play in the NFL. That's weight seems unhealthy.
just way too early to figure this out just know they will have room to make moves happen all those guys projectede number 1 will most likely fall off the map
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home