LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

The 2010 Draft and our 2 1st rounders

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We still have needs virtually everywhere.

OT, OG, Speed RB.

DE, NT, OLB, S, CB

KR.

I honestly believe our first two picks almost assuredly have to be OL unless it is 200% clear that there's a BPA we have to pick otherwise.

If Okung, Williams, and Berry are off the board with our first pick I still think Bryant becomes a real possibility. If Alex continues to play well a big part of his success will be because of the better personnel around him. With Vernon looking like a probowler, Crabtree making a very quick splash, and Morgan still coming into his own I think we can afford to take a shot at Dez. Spurlock, Battle, and Bruce will be gone so we will have a few vacant spots available. I think a group consisting of Crabtree, Bryant, Morgan, Jones, and Hill is actually pretty solid. A side bonus would be having Bryant fill the role of KR/PR. Then with our 2nd 1st rounder take the best o lineman available.

That doesn't sound to bad at all. After this weekend if we can't get a great tackle or Berry, I want CJ Spiller! This guy would solve our return woes & would be a great addition to the offense. The wheel route he ran off play action in the backfield & caught a 50+ yard touchdown was awesome. The guy can be in the backfield as runner, catch out of backfield & also line up as reciever.

OT, OG, Speed RB.

DE, NT, OLB, S, CB

KR.

I honestly believe our first two picks almost assuredly have to be OL unless it is 200% clear that there's a BPA we have to pick otherwise.

If Okung, Williams, and Berry are off the board with our first pick I still think Bryant becomes a real possibility. If Alex continues to play well a big part of his success will be because of the better personnel around him. With Vernon looking like a probowler, Crabtree making a very quick splash, and Morgan still coming into his own I think we can afford to take a shot at Dez. Spurlock, Battle, and Bruce will be gone so we will have a few vacant spots available. I think a group consisting of Crabtree, Bryant, Morgan, Jones, and Hill is actually pretty solid. A side bonus would be having Bryant fill the role of KR/PR. Then with our 2nd 1st rounder take the best o lineman available.

If our targets are off the board

we will trade down
Originally posted by ads_2006:

OT, OG, Speed RB.

DE, NT, OLB, S, CB

KR.

we will trade down

add Mount Cody to that list he's a Beast in the middle n would make our defense better overall!

OT, OG, Speed RB.

DE, NT, OLB, S, CB

KR.

we will trade down

McCloughan has never traded down in his five drafts as 49ers GM. And NFL teams are hating those high first round pick rookie contracts even more and more. The 49ers got no offers in the 09 draft to trade down from the 10th pick even with a top five talent in the draft Crabtree still available. And even if you do somehow pull off a trade down, you will most likely be fleeced a la the Browns by the Jets. The Browns have garbage at QB, and their best wide receiver is a rookie 2nd round pick. The Browns passed over Sanchez and Crabtree to take the savior of their offense with a pick in the 20s: Center Alex Mack.
eric berry no doubt and a legit RT
Originally posted by 49ersfan80:

OT, OG, Speed RB.

DE, NT, OLB, S, CB

KR.

we will trade down

McCloughan has never traded down in his five drafts as 49ers GM. And NFL teams are hating those high first round pick rookie contracts even more and more. The 49ers got no offers in the 09 draft to trade down from the 10th pick even with a top five talent in the draft Crabtree still available. And even if you do somehow pull off a trade down, you will most likely be fleeced a la the Browns by the Jets. The Browns have garbage at QB, and their best wide receiver is a rookie 2nd round pick. The Browns passed over Sanchez and Crabtree to take the savior of their offense with a pick in the 20s: Center Alex Mack.

False, in post draft interviews management said they got many offers but stated it would've taken a significant value upgrade to convince them otherwise
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

OT, OG, Speed RB.

DE, NT, OLB, S, CB

KR.

we will trade down

False, in post draft interviews management said they got many offers but stated it would've taken a significant value upgrade to convince them otherwise

Well, whichever one of you is right, thank heavens we held onto the pick

OT, OG, Speed RB.

DE, NT, OLB, S, CB

KR.

we will trade down

Crabtree was number 1 on our boards

Thats why we didnt trade down, would have taken a significant offer to do so.

If it comes time down to draft time and the best player available is ranked 6 or 5th on our board, dont be surprised if we trade down.

OT, OG, Speed RB.

DE, NT, OLB, S, CB

KR.

we will trade down

If it comes time down to draft time and the best player available is ranked 6 or 5th on our board, dont be surprised if we trade down.

A team does have to be willing to trade with you, if we get no offers......well we have to take somebody.
As of now, my 2 first round picks (if Berry and Mays are all off the board) is CJ Spiller and Mike Lupati.

Spiller provides the change of pace back that we need. He's quick and has great vision which is evident by how horrid his offensive line has been in Clemson. In addition to that, he is a reliable receiver that you can have in the slot or from the backfield. Let's all be honest, he would hop over Glen Coffee as the #2 back behind Gore.

Mike Lupati would play any guard position. The man is monstrous and from what I read on some scouting reports, is athletic enough to maybe even play some right tackle. We can't pass on this guy.

Originally posted by SF69ers:
As of now, my 2 first round picks (if Berry and Mays are all off the board) is CJ Spiller and Mike Lupati.

Spiller provides the change of pace back that we need. He's quick and has great vision which is evident by how horrid his offensive line has been in Clemson. In addition to that, he is a reliable receiver that you can have in the slot or from the backfield. Let's all be honest, he would hop over Glen Coffee as the #2 back behind Gore.

Mike Lupati would play any guard position. The man is monstrous and from what I read on some scouting reports, is athletic enough to maybe even play some right tackle. We can't pass on this guy.

i agree!

spiller and o-line

i wonder what splashes we make in free agency
Originally posted by teeohh:

i agree!

spiller and o-line

If Vince Wilfork decides to leave the Patriots, signing him would be an amazing offseason.

OT, OG, Speed RB.

DE, NT, OLB, S, CB

KR.

we will trade down

LOL. First of all, no one in the 49ers organization said Crabtree was number one on the 49ers draft board. You made that crap up. Second, just because you want to trade down doesnt mean it will happen. If you dont believe that check the story on this link:
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/04/mccloughan-seve.html
Never mind, you'll make something up again so I'll just copy and paste the gist of article here:

McCloughan: Seven teams want to trade top pick
According to Scot McCloughan, just about every team ahead of the 49ers is trying to trade back. Whether it's because of a dearth of talent or the amount of money required for a Top 10 pick, McCloughan said in a media session with the beatwriters a few minutes ago that seven of the nine teams ahead of the 49ers have called and said they had no problem trading down.
Originally posted by teeohh:

i agree!

spiller and o-line

I would be happy with this.

OT, OG, Speed RB.

DE, NT, OLB, S, CB

KR.

we will trade down

LOL. First of all, no one in the 49ers organization said Crabtree was number one on the 49ers draft board. You made that crap up. Second, just because you want to trade down doesnt mean it will happen. If you dont believe that check the story on this link:
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/04/mccloughan-seve.html
Never mind, you'll make something up again so I'll just copy and paste the gist of article here:

McCloughan: Seven teams want to trade top pick
According to Scot McCloughan, just about every team ahead of the 49ers is trying to trade back. Whether it's because of a dearth of talent or the amount of money required for a Top 10 pick, McCloughan said in a media session with the beatwriters a few minutes ago that seven of the nine teams ahead of the 49ers have called and said they had no problem trading down.

I know who I want, and it’s Michael Crabtree,” McCloughan had answered instantly. “To me he’s a home run, an impact player who gives us something we don’t have.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday042809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I said dont be surprised if we trade down, I dont want to trade down, but I can understand why it would happen
Share 49ersWebzone