There are 224 users in the forums

The 2010 Draft and our 2 1st rounders

Draft a good QB and a good OT/G PLEASE!!!! And get some speed on this sluggish team!!!
If we do not draft a OT with one of our first rounders and a OG in the 2nd or 3rd round, I am going to be pissed.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
If we do not draft a OT with one of our first rounders and a OG in the 2nd or 3rd round, I am going to be pissed.

Eric Berry and the Top OT/OG also in the top ten?
well now that we dont need a QB are needs are now:

1) RT
2) Pass Rusher (opposite side of Lawson)
3) CB/S Depth
4) OG
5) NT
Originally posted by 49erman5692:

1) RT
3) CB/S Depth
4) OG
5) NT

would rather draft a qb in the later rounds anyways

but I would switch it around

1)T
2) CB/S Depth
3) OG
4) Pass Rusher
5) NT
  • Kelv
  • Veteran

Very good.

1) RT
3) CB/S Depth
4) OG
5) NT

That ......... Pretty much nails it for me tonight! Change your number 3 to starting S.
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

1) RT
3) CB/S Depth
4) OG
5) NT

That ......... Pretty much nails it for me tonight! Change your number 3 to starting S.

As it stands this is more or less correct, I think we need a starting Safety more than CB depth and I'll make my mind up on our QB situation at the end of the year. Still would draft a RT in the first round and I'd rather see us pick up a starter in FA (I have an almost compulsive need to write that every time anyone says we should draft a RT in the 1st.)
Im really starting to warm up to

1a - OT
1b - CB
2 - OLB (pass rush)
  • dman
  • Veteran

1) RT
3) CB/S Depth
4) OG
5) NT

• Kelv
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dman:

1) RT
3) CB/S Depth
4) OG
5) NT

I sort of assumed that was a joke.
We still have needs virtually everywhere.

OT, OG, Speed RB.

DE, NT, OLB, S, CB

KR.

I honestly believe our first two picks almost assuredly have to be OL unless it is 200% clear that there's a BPA we have to pick otherwise.

If Carolina wins 6 games, they might pick 10-12th. In that case, we might be looking at OT Trent Williams.

Best course of action?

1) Look for a S/CB/RB who can double as a KR.
2) Get one pure guard, one pure tackle, and then a versatile tweener who can play everywhere.
3) With Briggs developing on the PS, and Jean-Francois as well in the active 53, with Balmer playing pretty well, we can probably look more for NT and go after UDFA's for DE, releasing D.Evans.
4) I think we're going to try and start Reggie and perhaps develop Curtis Taylor as future SS, so we may not draft an SS either.

I wouldn't be opposed to a draft like this:

1. Trent Williams-OT-Oklahoma
1. Mike Iupati-OG-Idaho
2. Eric Norwood-DE/OLB-South Carolina
3. Javier Arenas-CB/KR-Alabama
4. Chris Scott-OL-Tennessee
5. Dexter Davis-OLB-Arizona
6. Patrick Stoudemire-CB/KR-Western Illinois
7. Dan Williams-NT-Tennessee

UDFA: Corey Peters-DE/DT-Kentucky, Antonio Baker-S-Louisiana Tech
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 29, 2009 at 2:20 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

OT, OG, Speed RB.

DE, NT, OLB, S, CB

KR.

I honestly believe our first two picks almost assuredly have to be OL unless it is 200% clear that there's a BPA we have to pick otherwise.

If Carolina wins 6 games, they might pick 10-12th. In that case, we might be looking at OT Trent Williams.

Best course of action?

2) Get one pure guard, one pure tackle, and then a versatile tweener who can play everywhere.
3) With Briggs developing on the PS, and Jean-Francois as well in the active 53, with Balmer playing pretty well, we can probably look more for NT and go after UDFA's for DE, releasing D.Evans.
4) I think we're going to try and start Reggie and perhaps develop Curtis Taylor as future SS, so we may not draft an SS either.

1. Mike Lupati-OG-Idaho

If we don't do anything in free agency, sure.
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:

OT, OG, Speed RB.

DE, NT, OLB, S, CB

KR.

Best course of action?

1. Mike Lupati-OG-Idaho

If we don't do anything in free agency, sure.

Totally agree with that notion. Sign a coupleof proven vets for the O-Line and not rely on rookies to get the job done.

OT, OG, Speed RB.

DE, NT, OLB, S, CB

KR.

If Okung, Williams, and Berry are off the board with our first pick I still think Bryant becomes a real possibility. If Alex continues to play well a big part of his success will be because of the better personnel around him. With Vernon looking like a probowler, Crabtree making a very quick splash, and Morgan still coming into his own I think we can afford to take a shot at Dez. Spurlock, Battle, and Bruce will be gone so we will have a few vacant spots available. I think a group consisting of Crabtree, Bryant, Morgan, Jones, and Hill is actually pretty solid. A side bonus would be having Bryant fill the role of KR/PR. Then with our 2nd 1st rounder take the best o lineman available.
Share 49ersWebzone