LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Graham Harrell

I would love to draft harrell...although, I thought he was picked to go really high? I dont know why i was thinking late first?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Harrell will be a servicable back up, nothing more. His ceiling would be Pennington and he doesn't grade out anywhere near him. I just don't see the arm strength needed to be a starter in this league.
Harrell haters ...
Tune into the ESPN college all star program tomorrow.

you wont be disappointed

[ Edited by cestmoi on Jan 30, 2009 at 18:32:28 ]
Originally posted by TX9R:
Harrell will be a servicable back up, nothing more. His ceiling would be Pennington and he doesn't grade out anywhere near him. I just don't see the arm strength needed to be a starter in this league.

We could have used 'Noodle Arm' Pennington this year, I say if he's around in the 6th take a shot and see what happens.
Harrell won the accuracy competition, and did the best by far on the deep out portion. (60 point moving targets)
He tiedint he first round, then blew away the other guy in the 'throw-off'

In the deep pass competition he threw two 60 yard passes, but Nate Davis threw a 70 yard to win.
btw, last year a guy named Matt Ryan could only manage 60 yards on the long throw too.

Not bad for a 'noodle arm'

[ Edited by cestmoi on Jan 31, 2009 at 14:54:22 ]
Oh, he then went on to win the Mercedes Benz QB scramble, where QBs are forced to make accurate throws on the run. So that's two wins out of three QB competitions, and he did well on the one he didn't win.

So haters, ever think that his poor performance in the Sr bowl might be due to the fact that he had to throw to guys he had never played with, in an offense he wasn't familiar with?
i saw him on the all star challenge he started off rusty but then finshed great he won the accuracy challenge but davis won looked better than harrell
  • 49ersNorcal
  • Info N/A
College system QB
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Harrell won the accuracy competition, and did the best by far on the deep out portion. (60 point moving targets)

In the deep pass competition he threw two 60 yard passes, but Nate Davis threw a 70 yard to win.
btw, last year a guy named Matt Ryan could only manage 60 yards on the long throw too.

College skills competitions. Sure indicators of how good a QB is.
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by cestmoi:

College skills competitions. Sure indicators of how good a QB is.

Maybe not, but it is just as reliable as a college all star game, that is for sure.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Was listening to a podcast that had Harrell on it, he himself thinks he is a 2nd rounder. 5th round pick and i would consider him but nothing before that.
no. His senior bowl showing was not good. Chase daniel didn't fare well either.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
no. His senior bowl showing was not good. Chase daniel didn't fare well either.

Quote:
Graham Harrell continued his consistent week. He made good decisions in practice and delivered accurate balls.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/seniorbowl/thursdaynorth.html
Quote:

Scouts, though, have reportedly been impressed by Harrell's work while tying to learn the intricacies of working under center.

http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlreport.htm
Harrell struggled at the Sr Bowl...it takes more than a week to transition from the spread offense TT uses to a pro-style. But, he's got the arm, and the moxy to be a good QB. Needs some coaching, no doubt. New QB Coach Mike Johnson should be up to the job. I like him...and his stock no doubt took a hit based on the Sr Bowl, which might land him in our laps, if we're lucky...no earlier than 3rd rd, though.
Leach, who scoffs at the system quarterback label, just about blew a gasket when I asked about the concern regarding Harrell's ability to work from under center and drop back to pass.
"You bring up easily the most pitiful NFL cop-out of all!" he hollered. "And you can send that message to the whole NFL. Any coach who has ever said or uttered those words or considers that a concern, here's my message for them: How could you possibly look yourself in the mirror and consider yourself an NFL coach and not be able to teach a guy to run back three steps, five steps and seven steps? I can teach a child that!
"Any coach in the NFL who can't do that ought to be fired!"

-- dallas morning news

haha
Share 49ersWebzone