There are 275 users in the forums

Graham Harrell

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Leach, who scoffs at the system quarterback label, just about blew a gasket when I asked about the concern regarding Harrell's ability to work from under center and drop back to pass.
"You bring up easily the most pitiful NFL cop-out of all!" he hollered. "And you can send that message to the whole NFL. Any coach who has ever said or uttered those words or considers that a concern, here's my message for them: How could you possibly look yourself in the mirror and consider yourself an NFL coach and not be able to teach a guy to run back three steps, five steps and seven steps? I can teach a child that!
"Any coach in the NFL who can't do that ought to be fired!"

-- dallas morning news

haha

I love it, and HC Leach is right, I gotta agree with that.
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
If this guy is available in the 5th or 6th round we should draft him. What do you draft experts say about Harrell?

he was in a system that fit his needs, he will suck in the nfl! sorry just like colt brenan, these 5,000 yrd passers just don't cut it in the nfl. not one has ever. maybe Ty D.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
If this guy is available in the 5th or 6th round we should draft him. What do you draft experts say about Harrell?

he was in a system that fit his needs, he will suck in the nfl! sorry just like colt brenan, these 5,000 yrd passers just don't cut it in the nfl. not one has ever. maybe Ty D.

Aren't all QB's a product of a system?? And aren't coaches suppose to do exactly what the name of their job title says....and that's to coach??

I agree, that if you stick a QB that came from a spread offense right into your WCO he will struggle. But don't ALL rookie QB's struggle??
Leach has a point...he's a very bright guy. Still, I don't want Harrell...now, a guy like Brandstater, he's a player who played in a more pro-style offense, under a very good head coach, Pat Hill, he'd make more sense for us. There are others, his name just popped into my mind.
He's going to be playing for the Roughriders in Canada.

lol. You finally going to admit he was the product of the system?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

How does going to Canada make him a product of the system?
You're such a child, you really enjoy putting Texas Tech down, it's sad really.
Leach got a lot of production from Harrell but that doesn't mean he was an NFL caliber prospect. Putting up big numbers doesn't translate to NFL success.

There is nothing wrong with the spread system that Leach runs at TT. It certainly makes for exciting and entertaining college football. Way better than the old veer, wishbone or wing-t.

umm... I didn't mention Texas Tech, and its actually a compliment to the system they run at Texas Tech.

I just find out hilarious how you are such a homer. And your counter argument to everybody is A) you are a hater or B) your college team sucks.

Anyone with objectivity realizes the system at Tech allowed Harrell to put up great numbers and it wasn't Harrell's skill.

umm... I didn't mention Texas Tech, and its actually a compliment to the system they run at Texas Tech.

I just find out hilarious how you are such a homer. And your counter argument to everybody is A) you are a hater or B) your college team sucks.

Anyone with objectivity realizes the system at Tech allowed Harrell to put up great numbers and it wasn't Harrell's skill.

Oh yes, the whole skill isnt required and the cashier from 7/11 could excel at Tech argument ... it wasn't true when they started saying it 10 years ago, and it isn't true now.

Oh yes, the whole skill isnt required and the cashier from 7/11 could excel at Tech argument ... it wasn't true when they started saying it 10 years ago, and it isn't true now.

HaHaHa. Good one. You also know the Joe Montana had no skill. It was all Rice and the system.
Originally posted by 5TIME49:

HaHaHa. Good one. You also know the Joe Montana had no skill. It was all Rice and the system.

Are we comparing Joe Montana and Graham Harrell now?

Look, Harrell is no different than any of the other system QBs - Chang, all the TTU QBs that came before him, etc. The only one that is still on a NFL team, as far as I know, is Brennan.

I'm sure TTU's new QB will drop 5500 yards and 40 TDs next year, and he'll probably go undrafted as well.
Originally posted by nipplehead:
Originally posted by 5TIME49:

Are we comparing Joe Montana and Graham Harrell now?

Look, Harrell is no different than any of the other system QBs - Chang, all the TTU QBs that came before him, etc. The only one that is still on a NFL team, as far as I know, is Brennan.

I'm sure TTU's new QB will drop 5500 yards and 40 TDs next year, and he'll probably go undrafted as well.

I will bet you a handle change or something that he will.
Harrell didn't go undrafted because of the system, he went undrafted because he can't scramble and has a mediocre arm.
Taylor Potts will have the strongest arm in the big12 next season, plus he is 6-5 and 230. And he is a faster runner than Graham.
He may not win as many games as Graham, but the NFL isn't about skill, it's about measurables, and Potts is off the charts.
Share 49ersWebzone