LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Graham Harrell

I think Graham Harrell is going to be a good player but I don't want to draft him. Its going to depend on who the coach is and what system we end up running. I would much prefer Colt McKoy or Matthew Stafford.
How about Crabtree in round one and Harrell in round 2?
Originally posted by brandonjg:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
He's a system QB. We all know our experiences when the Niners last drafted a system QB.

Niner

he just went 40-50 and threw 5 tds i think.

40 - 50 completions!!!

I don't care, system or no system that is remarkable.

Right. I guess you'll take Alex Smiths 32 TDs and 4 ints as well.

Niner
He's a system QB. We all know our experiences when the Niners last drafted a system QB.

Niner
Originally posted by Byisgod:
I'll pass...I would much rather draft a Qb from a pro-system. Its not all about the numbers people.
Originally posted by brandonjg:

Niner

he just went 40-50 and threw 5 tds i think.

40 - 50 completions!!!

I don't care, system or no system that is remarkable.

Right. I guess you'll take Alex Smiths 32 TDs and 4 ints as well.

Niner

This isn't about Alex though. You have to leave him out of this. Even if one were to include him. You could note that Alex's attributes such as decision-making that you can't attribute to the system, followed him into the NFL. And of course, you'd have to note that Harrell's numbers are astronomically higher..

Alex had 67.5% percentage with 2952 yards, 32 TD, 4 INT -- 631 rush yards, 10 TD
Harrell isn't done and already has 71.7% for 4077 yards, 36 TD, 5 INT -- 6 Rushing TDs. Both the systems these two play in were supposed to inflate their numbers. What the scouts are looking for is how they acquire those numbers, the way they play to achieve it. The reason Harrell has had such a rise in draft stock, is that it seems the scouts see something special in Graham which other QB's don't physically/mentally possess, which attributes to his success.

It's always going to be about Harrell's intangible abilities that cannot be given by the system.

Would I take him in the 1st round? That's a stretch -- I don't think so. But would I spend a draft pick on him later, such as the 3rd? Absolutely.

For those who are wondering, yes -- Graham Harrell has shot up to the 3rd round on Scouts' boards now. 5th round is totally out of the question at this point.

To reference again the commentators Pre-game words: "Graham Harrell is not a system quarterback."

I usually disagree when I hear people say that about a player, but it's true in this case.
Harrell will be a rd 1 or rd 2 pick. I was down on him but after watching him this guy has what it takes. Sure he plays in a "system" but don't knock him just because of that. I seen him make some throws that a normal QB can't.

Matt Stafford is overrated. Dude has a top talent team and they can't win the big games.

I say we draft Crabtree #1 and see if Harrell would fall to us.
Graham Harrell in the 2nd round? count me out...
It will only take one Hawaii-Georgia, OSU-Florida game to knock Harrell back down to the later rounds. I wouldn't count on him being a 1st- 2nd rounder just yet.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Harrell will be a rd 1 or rd 2 pick. I was down on him but after watching him this guy has what it takes. Sure he plays in a "system" but don't knock him just because of that. I seen him make some throws that a normal QB can't.

Matt Stafford is overrated. Dude has a top talent team and they can't win the big games.

I say we draft Crabtree #1 and see if Harrell would fall to us.

Woah now. I love Harrell's play, but that is EXTREMELY premature to say. I do not think he'll make it into the first round.

He'd have to not only play lights out for the rest of the season, but he would have to dominantly beat a team like Alabama or Florida in the National Championship or other Bowl Game.

Sure, picks have made meteoric rises before -- but at this point -- I think Harrell will need to keep doing what he's doing in order to make it to the 1st round.

Right now he jumped on scouts' boards from the 5th to a 3rd-Early 4th. I'd be afraid to take him any earlier than the 3rd, but I won't deny there's a possibility that a team might make a shell-shockingly excessive reach for him based purely on the potential and upside.

There really is not much to pick from in the QB class this year. Waiting and taking Harrell in the 3rd is not a bad plan in my estimate but keep in mind our picks are going to be pretty high this year in each round.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It will only take one Hawaii-Georgia, OSU-Florida game to knock Harrell back down to the later rounds. I wouldn't count on him being a 1st- 2nd rounder just yet.

Harrell is no Colt Brennon, he's already beaten the #1, #8, and #18 teams in the country. He doesn't fold.
I still don't think he will be a first day pick, but he will be an absolute steal second day.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Harrell is no Colt Brennon, he's already beaten the #1, #8, and #18 teams in the country. He doesn't fold.
I still don't think he will be a first day pick, but he will be an absolute steal second day.

Again your judging a player by the teams hes played, when one QB plays in the Big 12 and the other in the WAC. Give Brennan the same talent as Harrell, and you'd get pretty much the same results. Better yet, give Harrell Hawaii's offensive line and lets see if he still beats Texas, OSU and Nebraska.
he will be our 3rd round selection
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
he will be our 3rd round selection

Um... lets hope not. Fourth or fifth maybe
Share 49ersWebzone