There are 234 users in the forums

Graham Harrell

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Remember when I said Harrell was a system QB way back when and all the Tech fans thought I was just hating?

Well Harrell is dropping faster then a fat mans deuce after eating the Angry Whopper.

SunDevil, I think your putting too much stock into this Senior Bowl.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Remember when I said Harrell was a system QB way back when and all the Tech fans thought I was just hating?

Well Harrell is dropping faster then a fat mans deuce after eating the Angry Whopper.

You can clearly tell he has no arm strenght.
I wish he had Michael Crabtree, Eric Morris, and Detron Lewis out there.
Harrell is used to WRs coming back for passes and breaking off routes.
Those two passes in the endzone (2nd and 3rd down) looked like Harrell was just not on the same page with his guys at all.
The throw on 4th down had plenty of arm strength, but once again he threw it one place, the WR went another.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by thuglife619:

I wouldn't say he has NO arm strength, he has enough to play in the NFL though. Give him a WCO style offense and a good running game and I bet he'd be a decent starter in the NFL.

Why I don't put much stock in QB's play in the Senior Bowl. Well for one, they only have a week to get an NFL offense down. Two, during games they rotate in series, I mean c'mon what QB is successful doing that. Three, not enough chemistry with the receivers on their teams, give Harrell Crabtree and the rest of his receiving squad and I bet they make his passes look much better.

Who would've thought Flacco would go that deep in the playoffs with his play from the Senior Bowl??

Guarantee there would've been much criticism of Matt Ryan had he played in the Senior Bowl.
  • MADMIKE
  • Info N/A
Why I don't put much stock in QB's play in the Senior Bowl. Well for one, they only have a week to get an NFL offense down. Two, during games they rotate in series, I mean c'mon what QB is successful doing that. Three, not enough chemistry with the receivers on their teams, give Harrell Crabtree and the rest of his receiving squad and I bet they make his passes look much better.

Who would've thought Flacco would go that deep in the playoffs with his play from the Senior Bowl??

Pat White looked pretty good, and Flacco really lucked out landing with the ravens. I mean Trent Dilfer won a super bowl with them.
Harrell looked terrible. Dorseyesque

[ Edited by MADMIKE on Jan 24, 2009 at 23:11:17 ]

I wouldn't say he has NO arm strength, he has enough to play in the NFL though. Give him a WCO style offense and a good running game and I bet he'd be a decent starter in the NFL.

Guarantee there would've been much criticism of Matt Ryan had he played in the Senior Bowl.

Kolohe, I don't know about Harrell man.An NFL QB has got to make those intermediate throws and he simply was not making the throws he needed to make. From what I saw in the senior bowl, he was missing in all the wrong places. I think he doesn't have the greatest arm, he is coming from a spread office and has not been under center , and he had a poor senior bowl. While we don't want to put too much stock into this game, Harrell needs to show he can make the reads while dropping back and show that he can make thos eintermediate throws if he wants to be drafted.

Be that as it may, that quote is pretty funny.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by E-49er:

Kolohe, I don't know about Harrell man.An NFL QB has got to make those intermediate throws and he simply was not making the throws he needed to make. From what I saw in the senior bowl, he was missing in all the wrong places. I think he doesn't have the greatest arm, he is coming from a spread office and has not been under center , and he had a poor senior bowl. While we don't want to put too much stock into this game, Harrell needs to show he can make the reads while dropping back and show that he can make thos eintermediate throws if he wants to be drafted.

But he can make those intermediate throws. Throwing a a 40 yard Go may not be his forte, but get Harrell some chemistry and dial up an OC that knows how to gameplan to his strengths, and he will look like a Pro. What people simply wanted to see today was his accuracy and arm strength, well we all know he has no problem with routes under 15 yards, this isn't the first time hes thrown a ball. Did everyone forget his play against Texas, and that pass he made to the sideline to Crabtree, that right there was an NFL throw, how soon we forget.

Take Colt Brennan for instance, he looked as if he would struggle taking snaps from under center and going through his reads during the Senior Bowl game. What happen his first Pre-season game against BETTER competition, dude lit it up and all I can remember was John Madden praising him, where were the critics then??

Again too much stock is being put into one little measly all-star game. Learning to go through reads and develop in a Pro offense takes time even years, its just not going to happen in one week or in one all-star game.

But he can make those intermediate throws. Throwing a a 40 yard Go may not be his forte, but get Harrell some chemistry and dial up an OC that knows how to gameplan to his strengths, and he will look like a Pro. What people simply wanted to see today was his accuracy and arm strength, well we all know he has no problem with routes under 15 yards, this isn't the first time hes thrown a ball. Did everyone forget his play against Texas, and that pass he made to the sideline to Crabtree, that right there was an NFL throw, how soon we forget.

Take Colt Brennan for instance, he looked as if he would struggle taking snaps from under center and going through his reads during the Senior Bowl game. What happen his first Pre-season game against BETTER competition, dude lit it up and all I can remember was John Madden praising him, where were the critics then??

Again too much stock is being put into one little measly all-star game. Learning to go through reads and develop in a Pro offense takes time even years, its just not going to happen in one week or in one all-star game.

So we shouldnt put stock in the Senior Bowl, but we should put stock into the 4th quarter of a preseason game where the guy was playing against guys who are probably selling used cars right now?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jojomellon:

So we shouldnt put stock in the Senior Bowl, but we should put stock into the 4th quarter of a preseason game where the guy was playing against guys who are probably selling used cars right now?

Yes, why, cause hes basically a QB has been in two to three mini camps, had at least two or three weeks of training camp. Your comparing one week to almost 5 weeks with the same offensive system and offensive players. QB has got to be the hardest position to learn in football and you expect a QB to learn it in transition in one week?? BTW go back and look at the competition Colt was facing during Pre-season, you think everyone in the Senior Bowl is gonna be drafted in the 1st round??

Right. Im just saying that you'd be dumb to put a ton of stock into either one. Tons of s**tty QB's have some great games in preseason. And Charlie Frye was the Senior Bowl 2005 MVP. Neither means much.
Harrell's ceiling is Shaun Hill. So I'm going to go with: late round pick.
If I remember correctly Brennan was projected as a fourth rounder before the Senior Bowl and combine . . . . then slipped to the middle of the 6th.

I'd expect a similar fate if not worse for Harrell unless his combine & pro-day are a 180 from the Senior Bowl.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
If I remember correctly Brennan was projected as a fourth rounder before the Senior Bowl and combine . . . . then slipped to the middle of the 6th.

I'd expect a similar fate if not worse for Harrell unless his combine & pro-day are a 180 from the Senior Bowl.

Actually Brennan was projected to go in the 2nd round as a Junior, but the Sugar and Senior Bowl made his stock take a dive. He was probably gonna go undrafted if it weren't for his good Combine.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

Be that as it may, that quote is pretty funny.

I try to be creative
Share 49ersWebzone