LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Dallas Clark could be out for the season... Who wins?

Peyton Manning is so good that it seems like no matter which receiver goes down someone else just hops in and takes over, without much drop off in production.

So if Dallas Clark does stay out for a while, who will step up to get those touches? Will it be a backup TE or one of the WRs that's not getting too many looks behind Wayne, Garcon and Collie?

I'm mostly curious because I lost my one good TE (Finley) and have been trying to get by with waiver pickups.
Last time Clark got hurt Brandon Stokely benefitted. If I had to guess I'd say Collie benefits the most.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Last time Clark got hurt Brandon Stokely benefitted. If I had to guess I'd say Collie benefits the most.

Sweet. I have Collie on one of my teams
Garcon will be a beast.
Not Collie, at least for a few weeks

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Colts wide receiver Austin Collie underwent hand surgery this week that is expected to sideline him a few weeks.
You think trading Hines Ward for Garcon will benefit me?
Blair White and Jacob Tamme will becoem household names real fast
Originally posted by lamontb:

Looks like Collie will miss a few weeks as well. So I just dropped Louis Murphy and grabbed Blair White.

White has his own injury issues (something with his neck) but it doesn't sound very serious. I hope. I'm a little sad about dropping Murphy because he was awesome for me when Gradkowski was starting. Oh well....

Anthony Gonzalez will most likely be ready to play by week 8 as well.
hell yes someone just dropped garcon in my league. no idea why, but i benefit. Woot woot

Originally posted by DaManRathman:

Anthony Gonzalez will most likely be ready to play by week 8 as well.

Really?!? S*!t! How do I know who will get the most touches between him and White? I can't keep both of them without dropping someone good.
Clark is out for the season he was put on IR today
Originally posted by valrod33:
Clark is out for the season he was put on IR today

Yup, just read that too. Sucks for my team, trying to swoop up Owen Daniels.
So does anybody have any thoughts on who would make a better pick up between Blair White and Anthony Gonzalez?

I thought Gonzo was still injured, so I picked up White. But then I read Gonzo was healthy, just as he was picked up by someone else. Now he's been let go and I'm tempted to pick him up.

But if I grab Gonzalez then I'd have to drop either White, Gaffney, Branch, Reggie Bush, Felix Jones, or the Philly D.

Can anyone help me make sense of this?
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
So does anybody have any thoughts on who would make a better pick up between Blair White and Anthony Gonzalez?

I thought Gonzo was still injured, so I picked up White. But then I read Gonzo was healthy, just as he was picked up by someone else. Now he's been let go and I'm tempted to pick him up.

But if I grab Gonzalez then I'd have to drop either White, Gaffney, Branch, Reggie Bush, Felix Jones, or the Philly D.

Can anyone help me make sense of this?

I say stick with blare white. It's my bye week so I'm playing Blair White. seems like Gonzo has been phased out of the offense. You might want to wait and see which one will get most of the burn, but i believe Gonzo is healthy. Maybe they will name a starter between the 2 later in the week. But you could take a shot at Jordan Shipley if he's still available in your league.
Share 49ersWebzone