LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 195 users in the forums

Trade Cutler or Vick?

• gage
  • Veteran
Alright, so this guy started the year with Kolb and Stafford as his QB's. I tried shopping Flacco to him, but he didn't bite. I think he may try and hold out for Big Ben but I'm hoping to try and get some value while I can. I still think Flacco is a good enough backup QB so I don't mind letting either Vick or Cutler go (leaning towards trading Cutler). So what offer do I make him based on my team?

p.s. Vick might be the easier sell, though, since he's an Eagles fan.

My Team:
QB- Jay Cutler, Michael Vick, Joe Flacco
RB- Maurice Jones-Drew, LeSean McCoy, Ahmad Bradshaw, Ricky Williams,Jason Snelling
WR- Miles Austin, Anquan Boldin, Mike Wallace
TE- Tony Gonzalez, Marcedes Lewis

His Team:

QB- Kevin Kolb, Sam Bradford, Ben Roethlisberger
RB- Steven Jackson, Mendenhall, Ryan Mathews, Jerome Harrison, Carnell Williams, Fred Taylor
WR- Randy Moss, Devin Aromashodu, Santana Moss
TE- Jermichael Finley
The hell with him. Make a deal with another team. There's nothing wrong with letting the weak teams get weaker and just fade out.
Trade Cutler?? He's averaging close to 300 yards per game so far.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Trade Cutler?? He's averaging close to 300 yards per game so far.

Yea, I know...I was just thinking of trying to shore up my other positions. I guess I'm pretty stocked across the board, though.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:
The hell with him. Make a deal with another team. There's nothing wrong with letting the weak teams get weaker and just fade out.

I was trying to take advantage of his situation, but I like this mentality! F*** em!
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Your lowest point is TE. Gonzales hasn't done jack, and Mercedes only had one good game, so I'm not sold on him.
  • evil
  • Veteran
1- If Vick falters Philly will not hesitate to go back to Kolb. Kolb got the extension this offseason so they'd like for him to be the QB of the future. Cutler on the other hand will be Martz's guy and in MM's pass happy system he will have every chance to generate good numbers.

2- If you do look to trade Vick, I would likely only be willing to do it if he were willing to give you Mathews (but wait until we know for sure his ankle is going to be fine, which I believe Turner will announce today). Let the rich get richer, and Mathews is a better #3/4 RB option for you than Snelling or Williams. (I doubt he would give you Jackson or Mendenhall but Mathews could be a good consolation prize).

I might put the ball in his court though and tell him to make you an offer.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
Your lowest point is TE. Gonzales hasn't done jack, and Mercedes only had one good game, so I'm not sold on him.

Thus far TG hasn't produced like one would expect. One could always take this advice and offer Vick/TG for Mathews/Finley.

Yea you can't rely on Lewis but he had a decent 2nd game also with 5 catches for 70 yards.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Thus far TG hasn't produced like one would expect. One could always take this advice and offer Vick/TG for Mathews/Finley.

This isn't bad. I think I'll try lowballing him though, and if/when he rejects that I'll have him make me an offer.

Originally posted by KRS-1:

I like this trade a lot! Finley is money.
Share 49ersWebzone