LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 399 users in the forums

2nd WebZone League (NFL.com) | BOISENINER IS CHAMPION!

most leagues I play in have a flex spot. Honestly I wouldn't mind having both RB/WR and WR/TE but that's just me.

I'm not a fan of 5 bench because it limits you kinda, like if I like to have a backup DEF or TE I only have room for one backup at each position which kinda sucks. At least with the 6th spot I can pickup and extra RB/WR
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Make it 6. I went ahead and joined. In too many leagues but what the hell.

You should add a flex and reduce bench from 6 to 5

I would be open to adding a WR/TE flex if others were up to it. Don't want to change it too much at this point for the sake of trying to keep it pretty standard, since it's difficult to really accommodate everyone's suggestions altogether.

I actually dont know of any leagues anymore that dont have a flex.

CBS and NFL.com for the longest time, as their standard setup just had the usual 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST setup with a 5-man bench. NFL.com has expanded its standard lineup to 6 men on the bench, but since this is a custom league I can add a flex position.

I like the idea of adding the WR/TE flex kind of because of the realism aspect. Sure you could see four wideouts, or two tight ends, but not three running backs.

Need some feedback here folks; do we want a flex position and a 5-man bench or no?

I like the flex - but you can use a rb, wr, or te. A 5 man bench is sufficient.

NFL.com has a strange setup to where I have to pick what "kind" of flex position. I can choose either a WR/RB flex, or a WR/TE flex. Don't ask me why it's like that but for whatever reason that's all I'm allowed to do.

That is strange. I guess in that case I'd go WR/RB over WR/TE.

You actually could use a WR/RB flex spot for your 3rd WR slot. Then add a WR/TE flex also

so instead of
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
WR/TE
WR/TE

you could go

RB
RB
WR/RB
WR
WR
WR/TE
TE

You still have the same amount of starting positions and people actually have a flex option just as if it were
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
RB/WR/TE

just my 2 cents
Originally posted by krizay:

I would be open to adding a WR/TE flex if others were up to it. Don't want to change it too much at this point for the sake of trying to keep it pretty standard, since it's difficult to really accommodate everyone's suggestions altogether.

CBS and NFL.com for the longest time, as their standard setup just had the usual 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST setup with a 5-man bench. NFL.com has expanded its standard lineup to 6 men on the bench, but since this is a custom league I can add a flex position.

I like the idea of adding the WR/TE flex kind of because of the realism aspect. Sure you could see four wideouts, or two tight ends, but not three running backs.

Need some feedback here folks; do we want a flex position and a 5-man bench or no?

NFL.com has a strange setup to where I have to pick what "kind" of flex position. I can choose either a WR/RB flex, or a WR/TE flex. Don't ask me why it's like that but for whatever reason that's all I'm allowed to do.

You actually could use a WR/RB flex spot for your 3rd WR slot. Then add a WR/TE flex also

so instead of
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
WR/TE
WR/TE

you could go

RB
RB
WR/RB
WR
WR
WR/TE
TE

You still have the same amount of starting positions and people actually have a flex option just as if it were
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
RB/WR/TE

just my 2 cents

True, that could work. Though I guess in that case, teams would only be required to have 2 WR's.
Great sadness...I already am at max so I can't join...
Originally posted by ninertico:
Great sadness...I already am at max so I can't join...

• krizay
  • Veteran

so instead of
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
WR/TE
WR/TE

you could go

RB
RB
WR/RB
WR
WR
WR/TE
TE

RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
RB/WR/TE

just my 2 cents

True, that could work. Though I guess in that case, teams would only be required to have 2 WR's.

required, yes, though the probability of teams starting 3 every week is pretty high. At the same time it gives you more options which is especially nice if you're shrinking the bench from 6 to 5 with the addition of a flex.

so instead of
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
WR/TE
WR/TE

you could go

RB
RB
WR/RB
WR
WR
WR/TE
TE

RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
RB/WR/TE

just my 2 cents

required, yes, though the probability of teams starting 3 every week is pretty high. At the same time it gives you more options which is especially nice if you're shrinking the bench from 6 to 5 with the addition of a flex.

Good points. I think thats a good way to go.

so instead of
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
WR/TE
WR/TE

you could go

RB
RB
WR/RB
WR
WR
WR/TE
TE

RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
RB/WR/TE

just my 2 cents

Good points. I think thats a good way to go.

Hmmm. So if you had to choose between WR/RB flex + 6-man bench and what krizay suggested, which would you pick?

I think I'd actually go with the WR/RB flex one.
Okay it's open to the Public now.

Still a six-man bench, but the RB/WR flex was added. We'll go with that.

I'm fine with that setup.

Is anyone interested in making this a PPR league or is that out of the question?

Is it full yet?
I'm down to join, what's the name of the group and what time does it start?
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

1st post, draft at 9:30 est TONIGHT
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

1st post, draft at 9:30 est TONIGHT

Psch, you expect me to READ? What do I kool ekil, Nate Davis?

Sounds like fun! I'll see if I can join
Share 49ersWebzone