LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

2nd WebZone League (NFL.com) | BOISENINER IS CHAMPION!

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Eight spots left, folks.

damn, 12 team league?

I wouldn't mind it being 10 or even 8-team league as long as we got a solid group instead of strangers

we could just create more positions if we go with lesser teams, just my .02

I hadn't joined before cuz I wanted to make sure I'd be able to make the draft. I'll go join

I think 12 is about right. Tends to keep people from totally stacking their teams with certain positions, unless they can take the risk/sacrifice. Keeps it fun and more competitive I think.

oh, I agree 100%

but none of that matters if half your league is a bunch of strangers that possibly may only set their lineups every now and then

so if you set it to maybe 10 or 8 teams and add more positions like 2QB's, 3RB, 2 TE's, maybe 2 DEF ... sure it's unorthodox and maybe you get a high scoring league (or you could always tweak the scoring too ) but you know that you have dedicated owners who will be on the ball every week and it'll be a competitive league still but you won't have teams with Greg Jennings and Michael Crabtree on the bench.

Again it's just my .02, whatever you choose to do will be, I've joined so it's 5 teams now
Make it 6. I went ahead and joined. In too many leagues but what the hell.

You should add a flex and reduce bench from 6 to 5
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Sep 7, 2010 at 11:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I would be open to adding a WR/TE flex if others were up to it. Don't want to change it too much at this point for the sake of trying to keep it pretty standard, since it's difficult to really accommodate everyone's suggestions altogether.

I would be open to adding a WR/TE flex if others were up to it. Don't want to change it too much at this point for the sake of trying to keep it pretty standard, since it's difficult to really accommodate everyone's suggestions altogether.

I actually dont know of any leagues anymore that dont have a flex.
how many owners are there currently?

CBS and NFL.com for the longest time, as their standard setup just had the usual 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST setup with a 5-man bench. NFL.com has expanded its standard lineup to 6 men on the bench, but since this is a custom league I can add a flex position.

I like the idea of adding the WR/TE flex kind of because of the realism aspect. Sure you could see four wideouts, or two tight ends, but not three running backs.

Need some feedback here folks; do we want a flex position and a 5-man bench or no?
Originally posted by RonMexico:
how many owners are there currently?

We've got six now. Updating the OP right now.

CBS and NFL.com for the longest time, as their standard setup just had the usual 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST setup with a 5-man bench. NFL.com has expanded its standard lineup to 6 men on the bench, but since this is a custom league I can add a flex position.

I like the idea of adding the WR/TE flex kind of because of the realism aspect. Sure you could see four wideouts, or two tight ends, but not three running backs.

Need some feedback here folks; do we want a flex position and a 5-man bench or no?

I like the flex - but you can use a rb, wr, or te. A 5 man bench is sufficient.

NFL.com has a strange setup to where I have to pick what "kind" of flex position. I can choose either a WR/RB flex, or a WR/TE flex. Don't ask me why it's like that but for whatever reason that's all I'm allowed to do.

NFL.com has a strange setup to where I have to pick what "kind" of flex position. I can choose either a WR/RB flex, or a WR/TE flex. Don't ask me why it's like that but for whatever reason that's all I'm allowed to do.

That is strange. I guess in that case I'd go WR/RB over WR/TE.

this! and SIX bench PLEASE

Really? I'd think people would start hording running backs and wideouts in that case, leaving nothing left for someone who has a player that suffers an injury or has bye week conflicts and has to look to waivers for help. *shrug*

No one else seems to be giving any input -- Not quite sure what to do here.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

this! and SIX bench PLEASE

Wait -- a flex AND 6-man bench? So a 16 man roster?

Really? I'd think people would start hording running backs and wideouts in that case, leaving nothing left for someone who has a player that suffers an injury or has bye week conflicts and has to look to waivers for help. *shrug*

I think the most important thing to do is to recruit. Maybe you should make some posts in NinerTalk or the Giants thread if you havent done so already???

I think the most important thing to do is to recruit. Maybe you should make some posts in NinerTalk or the Giants thread if you havent done so already???

I haven't. It's worth a shot.
Share 49ersWebzone