LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Who NOT to Draft

It always seems like knowing who to avoid might be just as important as picking the "right" player, especially in the premium rounds.

For example, I don't see picking Michael Turner in the Top-10 being a good idea. He really slowed down last year, and RBs rarely get better with age. They beat him up in his first year w/ the Falcons. Ryan should be better this year, but Turner? I'm very skeptical.

Who do you guys see as major pitfalls?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Larry Fitzgerald
Originally posted by crzy:
Larry Fitzgerald

I agree. Derek Anderson or Matt Leinart don't inspire confidence *knock on wood*
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Minnesota WR's, Rice out with hip and Harvin migraines. Who the heck is Brett gonna throw to?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
NY Jets receivers. Too many possible receiving options combined with a run-first mentality, and Mark Sanchez isn't exactly a proven quarterback.

Ball will be spread around to Cotchery, Holmes, Braylon, Keller. None of these guys will standout.
Jamal Charles
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Dez Bryant.

Matt Forte.

Any vikings receiver (Harvin out, Rice out)

I don't like LT either.
honestly, on my do not draft list was Rice before I even heard of his surgery!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Emmitt Smith
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Michael Turner/LeSean McCoy/Ced Benson

Originally posted by AZ9er:
Minnesota WR's, Rice out with hip and Harvin migraines. Who the heck is Brett gonna throw to?

Honestly everyone asked the same question last year in Bretts first year there...no one saw Rice become someone relevant and no one expected Harvin to contribute that fast. Never bet against Farve, he will find someone...shanco and Berrian will benefit.
Originally posted by SLICK:
Michael Turner/LeSean McCoy/Ced Benson

just curious, why not?
I dunno guys before he got hurt Turner was on pace to surpass his 1699 yard season. He also had 10 td's in 11 games.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Dez Bryant.

Matt Forte.

I don't like LT either.

i'm still fine with picking forte. the martz offense should be able to squeeze in dump offs here and there
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Dez Bryant.

Matt Forte.

I don't like LT either.

i'm still fine with picking forte. the martz offense should be able to squeeze in dump offs here and there

He's still worth being on your team, but I wouldn't reach AT ALL for him. I was really disappointed last year in his performance, and with the addition of Taylor he could lose his starting job if he keeps it up.
Share 49ersWebzone