There are 200 users in the forums

Should I make a trade or wait

So in this league I'm not too comfortable with my rb situation. I have two rookies who could or could not have good years, and a question mark in Bush. This other guy has a lot more rbs and nothing else on his bench.

We start QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, W/R, K and 4 D players

He doesn't have a kicker either so I figure he's going to have to cut one of rbs at some point. I'd be most interested in Wells, Williams, or Forsett. Should I offer a trade or wait to see who he drops?

My team
QB: Flacco, Smith
RB: Ray Rice, Ryan Mathews, Ben Tate, Michael Bush
WR: Brandon Marshall, Michael Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks, Vincent Jackson, Chaz Schillens, Johnny Knox
TE: Jermichael Finley

his team

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Michael Turner, DeAngelo Williams, Beanie Wells, Brandon Jacobs, CJ Spiller, Thomas Jones, Carnell Williams, Justin Forsett
WR: Steve Smith (car), Terrell Owens, Desean Jackson, Malcolm Floyd
TE: Zach Miller
  • gage
  • Veteran
I would start out with a trade offer since if he drops someone they are fair game to the rest of the league. Be proactive
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
You don't need to make any trades. Your RBs are solid. Your WRs are really good, just wait and see what happens to Ben Tate and Michael Bush - chances are, both will win the starting job. Ben Tate should be their starter few weeks in to the season - he is too good to not start.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=129855

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
lol your running backs are more than fine if it's a PPR league.

I'd be more worried about your QB situation.

[ Edited by crzy on Aug 8, 2010 at 18:50:45 ]
Originally posted by jrg:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=129855

no thanks

Originally posted by crzy:
lol your running backs are more than fine if it's a PPR league.

I'd be more worried about your QB situation.

one guy has carson palmer on the trading block, do you think that would improve my qb situation?

[ Edited by teeohh on Aug 8, 2010 at 20:06:28 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I think the QB tiers are

Tier 1: Brees, Rodgers, Manning
Tier 2: Brady, Romo, Schuab
Tier 3: healthy Favre, Rivers (would be in Tier 2 if VJax situation is resolved)
Tier 4: Eli, Kolb, Cutler
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tier 5: McNabb, Flacco, C.Palmer
Tier 6: Roethlisberger, M.Ryan, Henne
Tier 7: Stafford, V.Young, A.Smith, D.Garrard, M.Cassel
Tier 8: D.Garrard, J.Campbell, K.Orton, M.Sanchez, M.Leinart, M.Moore

I'd only be comfortable with a starting QB in the top 4 tiers. And I'm still be a bit shaky on Jay Cutler, but you could live with him as your QB1.

Everything after Cutler is shaky as a QB1.
Originally posted by teeohh:

My team
QB: Flacco, Smith
RB: Ray Rice, Ryan Mathews, Ben Tate, Michael Bush
WR: Brandon Marshall, Michael Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks, Vincent Jackson, Chaz Schillens, Johnny Knox
TE: Jermichael Finley

his team

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Michael Turner, DeAngelo Williams, Beanie Wells, Brandon Jacobs, CJ Spiller, Thomas Jones, Carnell Williams, Justin Forsett
WR: Steve Smith (car), Terrell Owens, Desean Jackson, Malcolm Floyd
TE: Zach Miller

I really like your Roster you have several of my favorites. I would be willing to part ways with Bush or Tate for Wells or Williams. I guess I would give up those guys for Forsett, but that is becoming a tougher call. I REALLY like your team.
Thanks joe

Crzy is right though my qb situation could be a problem. I'm going to sit with what I have right now. I've gotten some trade proposals for jackson but nothing really good. I'll work on that
Thanks joe

Crzy is right though my qb situation could be a problem. I'm going to sit with what I have right now. I've gotten some trade proposals for jackson but nothing really good. I'll work on that

Originally posted by teeohh:
Thanks joe

sit on what you have for a while man. your rb's will be good. i think you should pay close attention to flacco though. even if he has a slow start dont just unload him becuase he's entering his 3rd year and i personally think he'll post solid #'s with boldin and the help from rice.
I'm sure you know by now, but Tate is done for the season, so unless there is another back who is worth picking up as a FA, you have a free roster spot for when he (or someone else) drops someone in the coming weeks.

And since he obviously needs to drop someone, and most likely SOMEONE in your league will drop a good player for some pre-season star who turns out to be nothing but hype, I'd sit tight and see who ends up on the waiver wire.
yeah texas I dropped him and picked up arian foster, going to keep my eye on the waiver wire though
Share 49ersWebzone