There are 336 users in the forums

MJD stopping at the goal line

anyone see MJD stop right by the goal line so they wouldn't score too fast and give the Jets the ball back? Did that f**k anyone over? It helped me big time since I am facing him and won my game by 5 points!
I have him in 2 leagues but luckily it didn't hurt me.

Not even sure I agree with the strategy.
Ill tell you after tonight. Im up by 19 but he has Ray Rice vs Cle left still. Kinda pissed me off.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I have him in 2 leagues but luckily it didn't hurt me.

Not even sure I agree with the strategy.

Same here on both counts.

Was hoping they missed the mofo or got it blocked for that stupid dumb arse shyte.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Ill tell you after tonight. Im up by 19 but he has Ray Rice vs Cle left still. Kinda pissed me off.

In my other league I'm up by 25 and the other guy only has Rice left too.....I hope he doesn't do much
I'm kind pissed that they didn't try to run it in from the 1. But even that wouldn't have saved me this week. However if Driver holds on to Rodger's touchdown throw and MJD gets in from the 1, now we're talking.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
anyone see MJD stop right by the goal line so they wouldn't score too fast and give the Jets the ball back? Did that f**k anyone over? It helped me big time since I am facing him and won my game by 5 points!

i didn't see any highlights so this makes no sense to me.. what was the exact situation?
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

i didn't see any highlights so this makes no sense to me.. what was the exact situation?

MJD was going to score but there was like 2 mins left..so instead of scoring a 10 yard TD he dropped at the 1 yard line..Jets had no timeouts..so they kneeled the ball twice and scored the game winning FG
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 16, 2009 at 12:39 PM ]

MJD was going to score but there was like 2 mins left..so instead of scoring a 10 yard TD he dropped at the 1 yard line..Jets had no timeouts..so they kneeled the ball twice and scored the game winning FG

I think it was a smart move.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:

x2

The chances of missing the FG are way less than for the Jets to drive down the field with 2 mins left and score
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 16, 2009 at 12:53 PM ]

x2

The chances of missing the FG are way less than for the Jets to drive down the field with 2 mins left and score

especially a fg that was basically an extra point
  • krizay
  • Veteran

x2

Scored tied or you have the lead then yea. But when you're losing. take the stinkin points.

UNLESS YOU'RE PLAYING MADDEN.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

x2

Scored tied or you have the lead then yea. But when you're losing. take the stinkin points.

UNLESS YOU'RE PLAYING MADDEN.

I still think it was a smart move. Jags would have gone for 2 and had they missed, they would have given the ball to the Jets with 2 minutes left and 5 pt. lead. How often do you see a missed PAT? And, Jags D isn't anythin' to be proud of either.
I think it was a very smart move, it allowed them to run off the rest of the clock and get the winning field goal without even giving the Jets a chance to get the ball back. Sure, there was risk involved in taking your chances with a chipshot field goal, but you have to accept that.

It's one of those moves where if it works it was smart, and if it doesn't, you're an idiot. Jack Del Rio was willing to accept that risk.
[ Edited by MrOrange on Nov 16, 2009 at 2:49 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone