There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

RB Dilemma

• AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
So I lucked out and snagged Pierre Thomas off WW for Hightower. I dropped Hightower because I'm not really sure if he's going to hold off Beanie Wells much longer. In retrospect, I might have been better off dropping Reggie Bush or even Larry Johnson, but that's another topic. Anyway, LT is killing me and I've needed to be creative with my RB situation to stay afloat. This week I have Knowshon Moreno and Pierre Thomas as my starters. I have Reggie Bush, LT, and Larry Johnson as my backups. Should I be patient with my current RB's or should I pick up another running back such as Leon Washington, Ricky Williams, Fred Taylor, or Tim Hightower (whom I dropped)? Who should I drop if I pick up one of these guys?
[ Edited by AmpLee on Sep 30, 2009 at 9:24 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
So I lucked out and snagged Pierre Thomas off WW for Hightower. I dropped Hightower because I'm not really sure if he's going to hold off Beanie Wells much longer. In retrospect, I might have been better off dropping Reggie Bush or even Larry Johnson, but that's another topic. Anyway, LT is killing me and I've needed to be creative with my RB situation to stay afloat. This week I have Knowshon Moreno and Pierre Thomas as my starters. I have Reggie Bush, LT, and Larry Johnson as my backups. Should I be patient with my current RB's or should I pick up another running back such as Leon Washington, Ricky Williams, Fred Taylor, or Tim Hightower (whom I dropped)? Who should I drop if I pick up one of these guys?

I would definitely drop LJ. I'm done suggesting people start him like I seem to do every stinkin week.

I'd go Fred Taylor or Hightower in that order. Must admit not sure what Leon's been doing though.

If it's a PPR I'd keep Hightower, Wells is not threatening Hightower he had like less than 5 rushes against the Colts and Hightower catches a lot of balls.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by krizay:

I would definitely drop LJ. I'm done suggesting people start him like I seem to do every stinkin week.

I'd go Fred Taylor or Hightower in that order. Must admit not sure what Leon's been doing though.

My patience is wearing thin with LJ as well, but I don't want to pull the trigger too early. Leon hasn't been doing much, but it's more than the lack of what Thomas Jones has been doing with more touches. I think Leon might gain some value in the upcoming weeks if he gets more touches. He's more of a wait and see thing, but if he explodes against the Saints I won't have a chance to grab him.

My patience is wearing thin with LJ as well, but I don't want to pull the trigger too early. Leon hasn't been doing much, but it's more than the lack of what Thomas Jones has been doing with more touches. I think Leon might gain some value in the upcoming weeks if he gets more touches. He's more of a wait and see thing, but if he explodes against the Saints I won't have a chance to grab him.

Leon is way too risky, one week he scores a lot the next week he's a dud, way to inconsistent especially with Jones getting the load. Drop LJ he ain't gonna do s**t
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

If it's a PPR I'd keep Hightower, Wells is not threatening Hightower he had like less than 5 rushes against the Colts and Hightower catches a lot of balls.

Non-PPR. Wells got very few touches because he fumbled twice the prior week. Now that Hightower fumbled twice this past week going into their Bye, I think the staff might be thinking twice about who they want at RB and might shake things up to get their offense going. I see a even split in touches between the two running backs at some point. I might have been a bit premature in that thinking though.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame

Leon is way too risky, one week he scores a lot the next week he's a dud, way to inconsistent especially with Jones getting the load. Drop LJ he ain't gonna do s**t

Your logic about LJ should apply to Thomas Jones as well. Aside from his week one performance, Jones has looked less than mediocre. I definitely think Leon Washington might be earning more touches the more Jones struggles.

Your logic about LJ should apply to Thomas Jones as well. Aside from his week one performance, Jones has looked less than mediocre. I definitely think Leon Washington might be earning more touches the more Jones struggles.

Nah Jones > LJ plus Jones just went against Ten and there run defense is tough, it's just their pass defense that's horrible.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame

Nah Jones > LJ plus Jones just went against Ten and there run defense is tough, it's just their pass defense that's horrible.

While I do agree that Jones is better than LJ (which is not my argument). It appears as though Jones is on the down just like LJ. Sure the Titans are a good run D and held Jones to 22 yards on 14 carries, but Leon Washington was able to amass 46 yards on 12 carries. Your logic against good defenses should apply to LJ as well. He had a decent game against Oakland, but ran into a wall against the defenses of the Ravens (number one run D) and the Eagles.

While I do agree that Jones is better than LJ (which is not my argument). It appears as though Jones is on the down just like LJ. Sure the Titans are a good run D and held Jones to 22 yards on 14 carries, but Leon Washington was able to amass 46 yards on 12 carries. Your logic against good defenses should apply to LJ as well. He had a decent game against Oakland, but ran into a wall against the defenses of the Ravens (number one run D) and the Eagles.

I dunno I'm just not a fan of LJ and think he's really lost it, I still think Jones has a lot more upside than LJ..that's just me though