LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

2017 NBA Off-Season Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Aye but for real. You think they will take Fox? You want Fox? What if you can't trade one of your pg's?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Stupid move by Philly.

explain

I don't think Fultz is worth giving up that many picks. They were saying they wanted to play Simmons at the point and even if they decided not to they could've stayed at 3 and gotten Fox or maybe Ball.

It's just 1 extra pick. Totally worth it...especially on a team where Simmons is not expected to be a 25-30pt scorer on nightly basis.

Actually I don't understand this trade from Boston's perspective unless they flip these picks for Butler. I love Josh Jackson but he's gonna take couple years to seriously contribute. Fultz is more pro-ready and less of a risk.

I think they're flipping them for Butler or George.

Yea...that's the only way it makes sense otherwise what a dumb trade. Josh Jackson is pretty much the same player as Brown they drafted last season...and if you're gonna land Hayward in FA - they all play the same 2 positions SG/SF.

I thought Fultz fit them perfectly...but Danny Ainge knows what he's doing so he gets the benefit of doubt but if you wanna take down Cavs - you gotta get better players.
Originally posted by MuggD:
Aye but for real. You think they will take Fox? You want Fox? What if you can't trade one of your pg's?

Knight is gone, regardless of who they take. Bledsoe's trade value is about as high as it will get, still young, coming off a very good season, reasonable contract, if the Suns take Fox or Ball then he gets flipped elsewhere.

Dallas has been talked about as a possible landing destination.

Fox is definitely a strong possibility but if I had to bet money I would expect it to be Tatum or Isaac. I'll know more tomorrow after Gambo gives his updates, not sure who exactly in the Suns front office he is fellating but his information is usually on point.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Knight is gone, regardless of who they take. Bledsoe's trade value is about as high as it will get, still young, coming off a very good season, reasonable contract, if the Suns take Fox or Ball then he gets flipped elsewhere.

Dallas has been talked about as a possible landing destination.

Fox is definitely a strong possibility but if I had to bet money I would expect it to be Tatum or Isaac. I'll know more tomorrow after Gambo gives his updates, not sure who exactly in the Suns front office he is fellating but his information is usually on point.

Cool. I don't think they take Fox but yeah. PHX front office is probably worse than the Kangz FO.
Cool. I don't think they take Fox but yeah. PHX front office is probably worse than the Kangz FO.

McDonough has done a pretty good job for the most part. He has acquired a whole lot of young talent like Booker, Chriss, Bender and Warren while adding a bunch of future draft picks. He also managed to get Bledsoe for peanuts and ripped off Washington on the Markieff Morris trade. With him as GM it feels like the Suns are actually moving towards something rather than being adrift at sea.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 18, 2017 at 12:58 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

McDonough has done a pretty good job for the most part. He has acquired a whole lot of young talent like Booker, Chriss, Bender and Warren while adding a bunch of future draft picks. He also managed to get Bledsoe for peanuts and ripped off Washington on the Markieff Morris trade. With him as GM it feels like the Suns are actually moving towards something rather than being adrift at sea.
Oh my bad.
Oh my bad.

The guy that was in there before McDonough who gave huge money deals to Josh Childress and Hakim Warrick, well he may have been the worst GM since Isaiah Thomas.
PG13 told Indiana that he's done playing for them after this year and wants to go to LAL. I'm sure he'll be traded this week now.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
PG13 told Indiana that he's done playing for them after this year and wants to go to LAL. I'm sure he'll be traded this week now.

Tough to do it in a week but can happen.

Pacers will have to lower their demands significantly. Boston isn't going to give up too much if they feel he's gonna leave for Lakers next season.
If PG gets traded to the Celtics, things just got very interesting.

Hope he doesn't get traded to the Cavs but I could see it.

Originally posted by Knowledge:
Stupid move by Philly.

explain

I don't think Fultz is worth giving up that many picks. They were saying they wanted to play Simmons at the point and even if they decided not to they could've stayed at 3 and gotten Fox or maybe Ball.

So I heard originally it was three 1st round picks to move up 2 spots. I think two 1st's is still a little steep but not as bad. I still don't think Fultz is really any better than Ball, Fox, or Smith.

Sixers envision Fultz has more of a SG than PG. He'll likely handle the ball when Simmons isnt on the floor
Originally posted by 4ML:

Tough to do it in a week but can happen.

Pacers will have to lower their demands significantly. Boston isn't going to give up too much if they feel he's gonna leave for Lakers next season.

Going to the team that was the #1 seed in the East last year could change his mind though.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Jun 18, 2017 at 8:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
If PG gets traded to the Celtics, things just got very interesting.

Hope he doesn't get traded to the Cavs but I could see it.

If he does go to CLE, would make next year's finals more entertaining
how would PG fit in with LeBron in CLE?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
how would PG fit in with LeBron in CLE?

Actually pretty good. The better question is who would play PF. Lebron and PG both hates playing the PF position. Pacers tried it last year with PG and he hated it. PG has improve his 3pt shooting and a much better defender than Love. The only issue I am seeing is PG is a ball dominant player similar to Kyrie and Lebron.
Share 49ersWebzone