There are 173 users in the forums

2017 NBA Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
If PG gets traded to the Celtics, things just got very interesting.

Hope he doesn't get traded to the Cavs but I could see it.

If he does go to CLE, would make next year's finals more entertaining

I think they would have to give up a lot to get PG..... if they could trade JR and Tristan only then it would be a lot better finals
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
how would PG fit in with LeBron in CLE?

Actually pretty good. The better question is who would play PF. Lebron and PG both hates playing the PF position. Pacers tried it last year with PG and he hated it. PG has improve his 3pt shooting and a much better defender than Love. The only issue I am seeing is PG is a ball dominant player similar to Kyrie and Lebron.

what makes him a superstar then?

Actually pretty good. The better question is who would play PF. Lebron and PG both hates playing the PF position. Pacers tried it last year with PG and he hated it. PG has improve his 3pt shooting and a much better defender than Love. The only issue I am seeing is PG is a ball dominant player similar to Kyrie and Lebron.

what makes him a superstar then?

Easily one of the best 2 way players on the league
Andre Iguodala has been a key part of the Golden State Warriors' success over the past three years, but he could be moving on this offseason.

According to Shams Charania of The Vertical, the free agent will "seriously consider" other teams this offseason. The Utah Jazz, Los Angeles Clippers, Chicago Bulls, Minnesota Timberwolves and Atlanta Hawks are considered the most likely destinations besides the Warriors.
Draft will be fun... Will be really interesting to see what happens after Philly's pick. If LA doesn't pick Ball, who knows what will happen. If they do, the top 3 is basically known.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Andre Iguodala has been a key part of the Golden State Warriors' success over the past three years, but he could be moving on this offseason.

According to Shams Charania of The Vertical, the free agent will "seriously consider" other teams this offseason. The Utah Jazz, Los Angeles Clippers, Chicago Bulls, Minnesota Timberwolves and Atlanta Hawks are considered the most likely destinations besides the Warriors.
I dont buy this article at all. He says that Iggy could get 20M on the open market? LOL Not a chance any team gives him that kind of money per year. In the end, Iggy will sign with the Dubs for a 2 or 3 year deal around 12M per.

At some point, LeBron is going to have to be told that he is the PF and not the SF. I dont know if Lue has the balls to do this, but it absolutely has to happen. In the Finals, the Cavs defense was substantially better when Bron was the PF than when he was the SF. Paul George is an elite wing defender, whereas LeBron has become below average.

Bron needs to be the PF. He just, by all accounts, runs the Cavs and not Lue. So it will be interesting to see if he would be open to the position switch defensively.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I dont buy this article at all. He says that Iggy could get 20M on the open market? LOL Not a chance any team gives him that kind of money per year. In the end, Iggy will sign with the Dubs for a 2 or 3 year deal around 12M per.

I dont buy it either. 3 years $26M I believe.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I think they would have to give up a lot to get PG..... if they could trade JR and Tristan only then it would be a lot better finals

I don't think they would though. IND will get some bites but the fact is, with PG13 wanting to be in LA in the 2018-19 season there aren't many teams that will be willing to part a substantial package. CLE is in "win-now" mode and IND will risk losing PG for nothing if they don't get what they can. I don't think IND will let him go for peanuts but they damn sure ain't getting a major package back in return. PG took a lot of leverage away from them in my opinion

This. I'm thinking $12m per will be enough to keep him in GS. If by chance he wants to cash out one more time and someone is willing to go $15m per (which I doubt), GS can always go after James Johnson from Miami for cheaper. He isn't as strong defensively (Johnson is no slouch, just not AS strong) as Iggy but he is much better offensively at this stage in their careers. I think he can be had easily for $8-$10 mil a year

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

I think that is short by about 10M. 3/36 would be closer IMO
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
What a great day to be a Sixers fan!

Hinkie Da God!

#Processed

Boy that's a lot to give up imo

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA 5m5 minutes agoMore

Clarification on deal: Besides its 2017 FRP, Philly sends '18 Lakers pick w/ protections. If it doesn't convey, 76ers send 2019 Kings pick.

If the Celtics get the Lakers pick AND Kings pick then I understand trading down a couple spots, but if its Lakers pick OR Kings pick then i really dont get it. Celtics are full of solid players that arent elite scorers, and it seem Josh Jackson is another player of that type, while Fultz is supposed to be the elite scorer they've been missing.

At some point you need a quarter instead of having a bunch of dimes and it seems Celtics are doing the reverse by collecting a bunch of really good players, but no superstars.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Iggy's contract will be really interesting; if you consider Crabbe makes $18.5m (who's full potential is becoming like Iggy is now) then Iggy should make $20m easy.

If a team is signing him for his leadership and championship experience then I can see them overpaying him which would mean $15-20m.

i see him sticking with GSW though for a discount at $12-15m/ year.
Originally posted by Arminini:

Hinkie Da God!

#Processed

Clarification on deal: Besides its 2017 FRP, Philly sends '18 Lakers pick w/ protections. If it doesn't convey, 76ers send 2019 Kings pick.

If the Celtics get the Lakers pick AND Kings pick then I understand trading down a couple spots, but if its Lakers pick OR Kings pick then i really dont get it. Celtics are full of solid players that arent elite scorers, and it seem Josh Jackson is another player of that type, while Fultz is supposed to be the elite scorer they've been missing.

At some point you need a quarter instead of having a bunch of dimes and it seems Celtics are doing the reverse by collecting a bunch of really good players, but no superstars.

I think Ainge has real doubt that Fultz will be a superstar. Otherwise its doubtful he makes that deal. IMO, he is counting on the fact that the Lakers will select Ball and he will get the player in Josh Jackson that he wanted all along.
Originally posted by Arminini:

Hinkie Da God!

#Processed

I think Ainge has real doubt that Fultz will be a superstar. Otherwise its doubtful he makes that deal. IMO, he is counting on the fact that the Lakers will select Ball and he will get the player in Josh Jackson that he wanted all along.

It is actually funny looking at Twitter in regards to this trade. Both Celtics and 76ers fans both believe that they ripped the other off. And actually, I dont necessarily disagree that it could go either way. Problem is, true evaluation of this trade wont make sense for like 4+ years.

If Fultz becomes a generational star like some believe, Ainge absolutely blew it by making this trade.

If Fultz is good, but the guy they pick at 3 is almost as good, Ainge made a great trade.

But to Arminini's point, at some point, they are going to need to stop collecting "good" prospects and get someone great. I know easier said than done, but how Ainge is collecting #1s MAY end up biting him if he doesnt use those to get a star. I mean, look at this...

2017 PHI 1st
2018 BOS 1st
2018 LAL 1st
2018 BKN 1st
2019 BOS 1st
2019 LAC 1st
2019 SAC 1st
2019 MEM 1st

We will see what Ainge can do with this.
Share 49ersWebzone