There are 195 users in the forums

2016-2017 NBA FINALS: Cavs v. Warriors

Here we go guys this is the real sh!t. Excited for the game I'm just pissed we had to wait till next week.
Its finally here
In 7 days
Well both teams will be fully rested and healthy.I hope both teams stay healthy for the rest of the playoffs as this could very well be a tough long series. The past 2 years there were excuses why each team lost.2 years ago, Kyrie and Love were hurt. while last year, it was a banged up Curry and Bogut was out.

For the Warriors: Seeing Ezeli/Varejao/ Mcadoo on the floor was painful to watch last year. There was no contribution from that spot offensively. Defensively, they're not much better either. If I remember correctly, Cleveland just pounded them and just wore down the Warriors. The regular season record chase IMO also took its toll when they got to the playoffs. The team was gassed and with Draymond getting suspended, Klay and HB not really making much contribution offensively that tip the momentum to the Cavs side. This year, adding Mcgee/West/Pachulia definitely improved the team's inside the paint. I expect this trio to continue to play well on both sides of the ball. I also wouldn't be surprised their bench particularly Mccaw (if Iguodala's health is in question), Ian Clark, and Livingston make good contributions on both sides of the court. But the biggest factor other than a healthy Curry is Kevin Durant. He's scoring (along with his defensive contributions) really opened up for Curry. He seems to know when to take over when the team needs him. With Thompson on a funk, opposing team cannot just gang up on Curry because of Durant . This team is peaking at the right time.

For the Cavaliers: Well they are the champs. Kyrie and Love are playing well right now and James is still a monster. They steamrolled through the East with ease and adding more weapons like Korver, D Williams on their bench also make them deeper. The supporting group has to chip in to match the Warriors The Lebron James factor make this intriguing for the third year in a row. He's playing at a high level which just make his whole team alot better.

Hopefully both teams are in full strength throughout this series as I expect this to be a long series. Both will be well rested and played the minimum number of playoff games to advance (12 for the Warriors and 13 for the Cavs). Hopefully no injuries,suspensions or other excuses for why the team you root for lost. May the best team wins and If your team is in the losing end, tip your cap to the Champs as that's what Sports is all about. Can't wait!
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on May 26, 2017 at 12:36 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Cavs in 5
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think we have to contain Kyrie, LeBron is going to get his.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Are the Warriors tough enough? Durant has been in the league 10 years and this is his second finals appearance. This is LeBron's 7th straight big dance.

If KD were in the east he likely would have made more.

Not many superstars in the east over the past several years (since Jordan left). And the few that were decided to form a super team for a few years.

Warriors toughness starts with dray
Originally posted by mayo49:

Agreed, contain kyrie and throw bodies at Lebron.

More importantly though, and bigger concern, hope Klank Thompson doesnt show up.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Dubs, go!
Originally posted by sacniner:
Only starter with grit/toughness is Dray. West is an OG, but he's a role player now. But that doesn't really matter for this team, they are just so so so amazing. A real life all star team. They play great defense, have the best scorer in the world, best shooter in the world, best defender maybe, good bench, etc. They'll run through the Cavs. I think we'll see a couple of really good games though.

Who are you and what did you do with sacniner?

Originally posted by ads_2006:
If KD were in the east he likely would have made more.

Not many superstars in the east over the past several years (since Jordan left). And the few that were decided to form a super team for a few years.

Warriors toughness starts with dray

Dray is the enforcer but will he do something stupid when things heat up.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Imo Kyrie is the warriors biggest problem.
Warriors fans better hope Draymond Green's stupidity doesn't mess this up for you again.
why not throw a "III" in the title?, this is history
Originally posted by Joecool:
Warriors fans better hope Draymond Green's stupidity doesn't mess this up for you again.

Or LeBron's whining. Everyone knows that when LeBron's speaks up about something, the refs take notice and crack down on it.
Share 49ersWebzone