LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

2016-2017 NBA FINALS: Cavs v. Warriors

How can LeBron be the GOAT when he's about to lose in 5 of his 8 Finals appearances?
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by jrg:
Cavs in 5

Pretty bold prediction against a team who won by 35 the last time they played.

I'm a W's fan but even I wouldn't put too much stock in that blowout...Cavs were on the tail end of a road back to back for that game

Actually, Cavs had 2 days off after traveling all the way from Sacramento ...that said, don't put much into the blowout
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Warriors fans better hope Draymond Green's stupidity doesn't mess this up for you again.

That was overblown. He played game 7 at home and they lost. Dubs choked embarrassingly last year. Won't happen this year after adding an MVP.

Not overblown at all. Ever hear of momentum. That suspension changed everything.
Ever heard of excuses (not being a dick, you my boy)? It's a seven game series, and he missed one game. Can argue CLE had some momentum after game five... My thing is so many people act like its some type of guarantee Dubs would have won game six, and forget Draymond played game seven AT home.

It is silly to completely ignore the suspension like it didnt have an effect on the series. Cleveland was in a BAD situation and Lebron's whining and Kiki's stupid decision got them back in the series. No excuses for Game 7 other than Bogut being hurt but that is part of the game. The Dubs should have won that one at home. I just do not believe that Cleveland beats the Dubs 2 times in Oakland in games 5 and 7 if the Dubs are at full strength. Feel free to disagree though. No way to prove it anyway.
How can LeBron be the GOAT when he's about to lose in 5 of his 8 Finals appearances?

First of all he isnt the GOAT nor will he ever be. Michael Jordan will always have that distinction in my opinion. Secondly, he has carried his teams to the finals so many times and has been amazing in most of them. Sometimes you can just run up against better teams which he has. As for this year.. lets see what happens. There are no sure things in this series.
I really think this series is a toss up. Both teams have at least 3 all stars and playing at an elite level. The only thing that would really surprise me would be a sweep.
Warriors gonna sweep. Their Defense is the best in the league and even that is an understatement. That defense is lightyears beyond the second best defense in the league when they really clamp it down.

First of all he isnt the GOAT nor will he ever be. Michael Jordan will always have that distinction in my opinion. Secondly, he has carried his teams to the finals so many times and has been amazing in most of them. Sometimes you can just run up against better teams which he has. As for this year.. lets see what happens. There are no sure things in this series.

I agree, but tell that to all the millennials who are convinced hes the best ever.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I will go Warriors in 6.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Last year:

Game 5 - Draymond suspended.
Game 6 - 6 BS fouls on Curry, fouled out with 5 minutes left.
Game 7 - 25 to 13 free throw advantage for the Cavs, on the road, in game 7. Unheard of.

This year the Warriors added KD so they now have the perfect iso offensive player in case the refs decide to make a game a WWE match like they did in games 5-7 last year. I can't stand how they let teams get away with grabbing Curry as he moves away from the ball. But if they do that now, KD can take over.

If they officiate the games by the actual rules like they have been so far in the playoffs, the Warriors will sweep. If they make it ugly, it could go 5-6 games. If it goes 7 games and/or the Cavs win, the fix is in.

I predict Warriors in 5.
Dubs in 3. Lebum quits after 3 like a b***h.

History coming.

I really think this series is a toss up. Both teams have at least 3 all stars and playing at an elite level. The only thing that would really surprise me would be a sweep.

Spot on bruh. I'm kinda surprised at the confidence level of those thinking the dubs will sweep.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
Last year:

Game 7 - 25 to 13 free throw advantage for the Cavs, on the road, in game 7. Unheard of.

This year the Warriors added KD so they now have the perfect iso offensive player in case the refs decide to make a game a WWE match like they did in games 5-7 last year.

loool
[ Edited by 4ML on May 26, 2017 at 9:04 PM ]

The Cavs dont play defense though. I just cant see a team who doesn't play D surviving long against a team like the Warriors.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Last year:

This year the Warriors added KD so they now have the perfect iso offensive player in case the refs decide to make a game a WWE match like they did in games 5-7 last year. I can't stand how they let teams get away with grabbing Curry as he moves away from the ball. But if they do that now, KD can take over.

If they officiate the games by the actual rules like they have been so far in the playoffs, the Warriors will sweep. If they make it ugly, it could go 5-6 games. If it goes 7 games and/or the Cavs win, the fix is in.

I predict Warriors in 5.
I see 5 games as well if the refs let them play. But if the calls are iffy and one sided, yup it will go 7. Other than Durant and Draymond, I see our other bigs (Mcgee/West/Pachulia) will be enough to help control the paint on both sides of the ball. I think we have enough length and muscle with Durant/Draymond and the rotating centers that they can't just pound us inside. Tighten up our perimeter defense and we are good to go.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Logical pick is Warriors win the series easily. Just tooooo much talent. Cavs may win a game or two max but winning 4 games against this team is almost impossible.

Have to go with Warriors and hope/pray I'm wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone