There are 206 users in the forums

2016-2017 NBA FINALS: Cavs v. Warriors

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
It is silly to completely ignore the suspension like it didnt have an effect on the series. Cleveland was in a BAD situation and Lebron's whining and Kiki's stupid decision got them back in the series. No excuses for Game 7 other than Bogut being hurt but that is part of the game. The Dubs should have won that one at home. I just do not believe that Cleveland beats the Dubs 2 times in Oakland in games 5 and 7 if the Dubs are at full strength. Feel free to disagree though. No way to prove it anyway.

If GS wanted to be champs they had game 7 to prove it. When you win 73 games in a season a one game suspension ain't gonna slow your momentum or it shouldn't for a team that won the chip the year before. They expended themselves getting that many regular season wins and ran up against a rested all time great in LeBron and they lost.
[ Edited by Pillbusta on May 26, 2017 at 11:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Furlow:
Last year:

Game 5 - Draymond suspended.
Game 6 - 6 BS fouls on Curry, fouled out with 5 minutes left.
Game 7 - 25 to 13 free throw advantage for the Cavs, on the road, in game 7. Unheard of.

This year the Warriors added KD so they now have the perfect iso offensive player in case the refs decide to make a game a WWE match like they did in games 5-7 last year. I can't stand how they let teams get away with grabbing Curry as he moves away from the ball. But if they do that now, KD can take over.

If they officiate the games by the actual rules like they have been so far in the playoffs, the Warriors will sweep. If they make it ugly, it could go 5-6 games. If it goes 7 games and/or the Cavs win, the fix is in.

I predict Warriors in 5.
You forgot the part where LeBron led every player in every statistical category. He beat a 73 win team so I'd say CLE deserved it last year. Heck they won game 7 in Roaracle
Originally posted by Niners99:
The Cavs dont play defense though. I just cant see a team who doesn't play D surviving long against a team like the Warriors.

They played pretty good defense last year game 7. I think they held GS under 100?
Originally posted by 4ML:
Logical pick is Warriors win the series easily. Just tooooo much talent. Cavs may win a game or two max but winning 4 games against this team is almost impossible.

Have to go with Warriors and hope/pray I'm wrong.

Yes I think warriors got this but what I am looking for outta LeBron is will he let his team lose and then allow the guy checking him to be the MVP. Ain't no way John Starks was gonna be the MVP because MJ was gonna work his a$$ on defense. He was gonna issue him 55 pts and render him useless on offense.

I don't want to see another Kawhi Leonard situation. You can lose to the better team but you better leave the guy checking you in a body bag!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Last year:

Game 7 - 25 to 13 free throw advantage for the Cavs, on the road, in game 7. Unheard of.

This year the Warriors added KD so they now have the perfect iso offensive player in case the refs decide to make a game a WWE match like they did in games 5-7 last year. I can't stand how they let teams get away with grabbing Curry as he moves away from the ball. But if they do that now, KD can take over.

If they officiate the games by the actual rules like they have been so far in the playoffs, the Warriors will sweep. If they make it ugly, it could go 5-6 games. If it goes 7 games and/or the Cavs win, the fix is in.

I predict Warriors in 5.
You forgot the part where LeBron led every player in every statistical category. He beat a 73 win team so I'd say CLE deserved it last year. Heck they won game 7 in Roaracle

25-13 helped.
25-13 helped.

Who was GS basket attackers? Did they attack and draw fouls game 7? Did GS 3 balls drop or did CLE rough them up and work them over physically enough come game 7 to where it came down to who wanted it more? Yes 25-13 helped but having a Lebron James did as well
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
25-13 helped.

Who was GS basket attackers? Did they attack and draw fouls game 7? Did GS 3 balls drop or did CLE rough them up and work them over physically enough come game 7 to where it came down to who wanted it more? Yes 25-13 helped but having a Lebron James did as well

Every other game was an average of 20-25 free throws per team. Maybe the Cavs just magically played flawless defense and didn't touch anyone in game 7. NBA Finals. On the road.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
All of Steph Curry's "fouls" in game 6 last year.

https://instagram.com/p/BUkA7-rgxyh/
The Cavs dont play defense though. I just cant see a team who doesn't play D surviving long against a team like the Warriors.

They played pretty good defense last year game 7. I think they held GS under 100?

That was last year. This years team has been very poor defensively.
Yes I think warriors got this but what I am looking for outta LeBron is will he let his team lose and then allow the guy checking him to be the MVP. Ain't no way John Starks was gonna be the MVP because MJ was gonna work his a$$ on defense. He was gonna issue him 55 pts and render him useless on offense.

I don't want to see another Kawhi Leonard situation. You can lose to the better team but you better leave the guy checking you in a body bag!

LeBron still put in work in both losses where his direct opposition won MVP. Averaged 28 on 57% shooting vs SA and averaged 30+ vs GS in 2015.

That was last year. This years team has been very poor defensively.

Last year they forced Barnes and Iggy to beat them (and Green for the most part). Those two (3) got wide open look after wide open look because of the scheme CLE chose to run in order to get the ball out of Steph and Klay's hands. They can't run that same defense this year with KD on the court. They have to do something different and I'm curious to see what that will be
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Warriors fans better hope Draymond Green's stupidity doesn't mess this up for you again.

That was overblown. He played game 7 at home and they lost. Dubs choked embarrassingly last year. Won't happen this year after adding an MVP.

Not overblown at all. Ever hear of momentum. That suspension changed everything.
Ever heard of excuses (not being a dick, you my boy)? It's a seven game series, and he missed one game. Can argue CLE had some momentum after game five... My thing is so many people act like its some type of guarantee Dubs would have won game six, and forget Draymond played game seven AT home.

It is silly to completely ignore the suspension like it didnt have an effect on the series. Cleveland was in a BAD situation and Lebron's whining and Kiki's stupid decision got them back in the series. No excuses for Game 7 other than Bogut being hurt but that is part of the game. The Dubs should have won that one at home. I just do not believe that Cleveland beats the Dubs 2 times in Oakland in games 5 and 7 if the Dubs are at full strength. Feel free to disagree though. No way to prove it anyway.

The bolded is funny when you have Draymond on your team. He's up there w/ Cousins in terms of whining.

You're right, no way to prove it. Fact is Cleveland won last year fair and square, in historic fashion. To blame it on a one game suspension like so many do is silly.

GS will get their revenge this year, although, it's a different team now with a new leader.

Edit: changed "due" to "do." Please don't tease me.
[ Edited by sacniner on May 27, 2017 at 12:20 PM ]
Last year:

I predict Warriors in 5.

25-13 helped.

So the refs lost it for GS last year? Got it

Maybe the Cavs drove to the rim a lot more? GS shot a s**t load of jumpers with Steph and Klay? You just post the FT differential with no context and use it as a lame excuse.
Mike Brown ... denying LBJ rings since 2007
Share 49ersWebzone