There are 117 users in the forums

College Football 2016

  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
  • Posts: 25,144
Aussies should just follow dem HOGS!

Jiks is my boy but I'll definitely be rooting for Harbs. Nothing but love for him even if I did think it was time to move on from him.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Aussies should just follow dem HOGS!


don't listen to this dude, it's all about

  • Jiks
  • Member
  • Posts: 29,220
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Jiks is my boy but I'll definitely be rooting for Harbs. Nothing but love for him even if I did think it was time to move on from him.

  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
  • Posts: 120,238
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
  • Posts: 120,238
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Football season is officially here boys!!!!

  • Jiks
  • Member
  • Posts: 29,220
Originally posted by SoCold:

I can see my seats!!! Place is going to be rocking tonight. You can't even find a standing room seat for under $250. I could've sold two of my seats and paid entirely for my 3 season tickets, but f**k that noise.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Sep 3, 2015 at 10:11 AM ]




THAT ^^^ is a BAD ASS video
Originally posted by vrabbit:
So you don't have a favorite team at all?

Some guys do, they feel the need to even if they have no affiliations with a team (Trust me I understand if it's your Alma mater or your hometown team, it's tribal. I've been this type of fan with Rugby Union.)

With me it's basically (Love Of The Game!!!)

So the Roller Coaster for a fan like me isn't the ups & downs of an individual team's season, it's the ups & downs of the overall College Football season.

For some they feel like you don't get the full fan experience if you don't put your Heart & Soul into one team, for me it's the most I've ever enjoyed sport... I've even adapted my Football watching habits to the sport I grew up with Rugby & I enjoy it a lot more now overall.

(I expect scorn for this! )

Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
So you don't have a favorite team at all?

Some guys do, they feel the need to even if they have no affiliations with a team (Trust me I understand if it's your Alma mater or your hometown team, it's tribal. I've been this type of fan with Rugby Union.)

With me it's basically (Love Of The Game!!!)

So the Roller Coaster for a fan like me isn't the ups & downs of an individual team's season, it's the ups & downs of the overall College Football season.

For some they feel like you don't get the full fan experience if you don't put your Heart & Soul into one team, for me it's the most I've ever enjoyed sport... I've even adapted my Football watching habits to the sport I grew up with Rugby & I enjoy it a lot more now overall.

(I expect scorn for this! )

no scorn, I respect that, I was just curious whether you root for any team in particular. I didn't really follow college FB till the early 2000's but eventually became a fan of Cal because they were the most appealing local team and Miami because they were awesome at the time.
Cool, I'm not ruling out perhaps falling for one specific team it just hasn't happened yet & I kinda like it that way. Miami was a powerhouse in the early 2000's, hopefully they make it back to prominence! (The Raiders of CFB) (Did you insist the 9ers draft some kid named Rodgers from out of Cal?)

It takes you a while to wrap your head around CFB if you aren't from the States, we are used to International representative teams being the highest honour... So everything below is seen as a lesser standard competition which makes you naturally inclined to watch Pro over College... It's not really until you understand the Top 25, Power 5 Conferences that you figure out where the higher level of competition is & what games to watch.

The standard of CFB is actually pretty damn high & the intensity is amazing for collegiate amateur athletes (Crowds/Atmosphere/TV Production-Coverage/Money/Ratings,etc). We don't have anything of equivalent standard down here for guys who are not fully paid pros.
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Cool, I'm not ruling out perhaps falling for one specific team it just hasn't happened yet & I kinda like it that way. Miami was a powerhouse in the early 2000's, hopefully they make it back to prominence! (The Raiders of CFB) (Did you insist the 9ers draft some kid named Rodgers from out of Cal?)

It takes you a while to wrap your head around CFB if you aren't from the States, we are used to International representative teams being the highest honour... So everything below is seen as a lesser standard competition which makes you naturally inclined to watch Pro over College... It's not really until you understand the Top 25, Power 5 Conferences that you figure out where the higher level of competition is & what games to watch.

The standard of CFB is actually pretty damn high & the intensity is amazing for collegiate amateur athletes (Crowds/Atmosphere/TV Production-Coverage/Money/Ratings,etc). We don't have anything of equivalent standard down here for guys who are not fully paid pros.

Agreed 100%.

I wasn't educated enough on CFB and draft prospects back in '05 to scream with madness for the 9ers to draft Aaron. I did prefer him over Alex because he was from Cal but based on the reports that were out at the time I was fine with either and definitely thought we needed to draft a QB.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Agreed 100%.

I wasn't educated enough on CFB and draft prospects back in '05 to scream with madness for the 9ers to draft Aaron. I did prefer him over Alex because he was from Cal but based on the reports that were out at the time I was fine with either and definitely thought we needed to draft a QB.
Yeah hindsight is 20 20... Was just wondering if you called it... Although if A-Rod had gone to the 9ers he wouldn't have had time to sit/learn & might not have become the A-Rod we know today.

What games are your highlight for today?

I got Nth Carolina v Sth Carolina (Rec) & probably the pick of the bunch TCU v Minnesota (Watch) Don't get Michigan v Utah.
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Agreed 100%.

I wasn't educated enough on CFB and draft prospects back in '05 to scream with madness for the 9ers to draft Aaron. I did prefer him over Alex because he was from Cal but based on the reports that were out at the time I was fine with either and definitely thought we needed to draft a QB.
Yeah hindsight is 20 20... Was just wondering if you called it... Although if A-Rod had gone to the 9ers he wouldn't have had time to sit/learn & might not have become the A-Rod we know today.

What games are your highlight for today?

I got Nth Carolina v Sth Carolina (Rec) & probably the pick of the bunch TCU v Minnesota (Watch) Don't get Michigan v Utah.

nobody will ever convince me that Aaron wouldn't have had a similar faith to Alex if he had been drafted by the 49ers for the same reason you mentioned: getting thrown to the lions behind a godawful line with a bunch of s**t receivers.

I won't be able to watch much today because it's the wife's bday and we're going out after work but I'm a geek, I'd watch a bunch of these games if I could: UNC-SC, FIU-UCF, OkSt-CMU, WKU-Vandy, Michigan-Utah of course, TCU-Minn, UTSA-Arizona (mostly to scout 'Zona), and CU-Hawaii.
Share 49ersWebzone