LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: 2015 & 2016 NBA Finals Thread - Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I heard he is the only season mvp to win the championship and not win the finals mvp.

Steph really should have been MVP imo. He averaged 26-5-6 while being double-teamed every time he touched the ball. His presence on the floor got others great looks. I swear every time when he passed out of a double-team, the guy receiving the pass was on an island all by himself.

I can understand Iggy getting the award tho. Moving him to the starting lineup and playing small completely changed the series. If not for that move, the Cavs might have pulled off the upset. Great call by Kerr and his staff. If the coaches could get MVP, he would be in consideration as well.

Steph had one really horrible game though..maybe 2 bad games?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Steph had one really horrible game though..maybe 2 bad games?

Just game 2 he was awful. Other than that, he had a stellar series. Game 5 was a sight to behold, especially that 17 pt 4th quarter performance. Again, dude was being doubled, sometimes tripled, and his floor presence dictates how teams defend the Dubs.

26 pts, 5 boards, 6 assists, 2 steals per game. MVP played like the MVP.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 17, 2015 at 5:03 PM ]
I heard he is the only season mvp to win the championship and not win the finals mvp.

Steph really should have been MVP imo. He averaged 26-5-6 while being double-teamed every time he touched the ball. His presence on the floor got others great looks. I swear every time when he passed out of a double-team, the guy receiving the pass was on an island all by himself.

I can understand Iggy getting the award tho. Moving him to the starting lineup and playing small completely changed the series. If not for that move, the Cavs might have pulled off the upset. Great call by Kerr and his staff. If the coaches could get MVP, he would be in consideration as well.

Yep. The open shot differential was massive. And even with them trapping PnRs and drawing extra attention, AND with him crapping the bed in Game 2, he was individually efficient as well.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Yup, Carroll should cash in big-time. Same with Matthews, although his injury could concern some teams.

I would LOL hard if Danny Green got $12M tho. Draymond Green, yes.

Danny Green should not get 12m a year.

I would trade Thompson...sign n trade for Carroll. Thompson's stock is high right now - and I'll use this opportunity to trade him. Of course that'll piss off Lebron but I also know Lebron really respects Carroll.

I do like Thompson's potential playing with Lebron. His defense improved a lot in the 2nd half...but Carroll, Lebron, and Shump defending the perimeter...
[ Edited by 4ML on Jun 17, 2015 at 8:30 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Steph Curry is the first 1st Team, All-NBA player to beat each of the other 4 1st Team, All-NBA members in a single postseason in NBA history.

Nope.

Magic took it from Kareem in the finals. (kareem got hurt)

You're right. Now I remember them saying that when I heard it. Not bad company to share that distinction with. I personally would have gave it to him, but I'm not outraged by it. I sorta get it. They didn't want to give it to james but didn't think curry outplayed him, so they gave it to the guy that had the most noticeable effect on the series that played for the winning team.
Talked to my moms about the finals. She's a warriors fan (kind of lol) since the Nelly days because she used to listen to his radio show and he was so funny, so she's happy they won. This was her breakdown:

She's happy "gigudada" won the mvp because he seems like such a nice man.

She can't believe curry is so small and plays so good. "He's so small those other men are going to hurt him."

She said "lebron is too big to be running up and down the court like that. No wonder he gets tired and they lost"

She feels bad for Cleveland because they've never won anything and lebron is their hometown guy, but "tough s**t for them because the Warriors deserved it more".

lol
Talked to my moms about the finals. She's a warriors fan (kind of lol) since the Nelly days because she used to listen to his radio show and he was so funny, so she's happy they won. This was her breakdown:

She can't believe curry is so small and plays so good. "He's so small those other men are going to hurt him."

She said "lebron is too big to be running up and down the court like that. No wonder he gets tired and they lost"

She feels bad for Cleveland because they've never won anything and lebron is their hometown guy, but "tough s**t for them because the Warriors deserved it more".

lol
Can't argue with moms with any of that

lol

your mom needs her own radio show lol
Go Warriors 2.0!!!

(lucky thread bump)

Steph Curry is the first 1st Team, All-NBA player to beat each of the other 4 1st Team, All-NBA members in a single postseason in NBA history.

Every time someone brings this up it makes me smile. Because I see this as nothing but a positive. I think of the teams best player not playing hero ball, and of a team so deep that any one of maybe a half dozen players could win a series MVP. And all of those half dozen players have that chance because the teams best player has black hole type gravity (routinely drawing double and triple teams), and opens up the game for every one of his teammates. That all makes very happy as a Warrior fan.

Yep. The open shot differential was massive. And even with them trapping PnRs and drawing extra attention, AND with him crapping the bed in Game 2, he was individually efficient as well.

Agree with the bold - Green, Barnes, and Iggy are overrated on offense - they are literally left alone on a number of plays because of how much attention teams have to pay to Steph and Clay. Easy assist opportunities playing with great catch and shoot shooters too and open driving lanes all the time. Curry and Klay make that offense work even when they aren't taking or hitting a ton of shots.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Every time someone brings this up it makes me smile. Because I see this as nothing but a positive. I think of the teams best player not playing hero ball, and of a team so deep that any one of maybe a half dozen players could win a series MVP. And all of those half dozen players have that chance because the teams best player has black hole type gravity (routinely drawing double and triple teams), and opens up the game for every one of his teammates. That all makes very happy as a Warrior fan.

you could make the case that klay is the mvp of the playoffs so far..
Share 49ersWebzone