LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: 2015 & 2016 NBA Finals Thread - Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Anytime there are injuries that is liable to happen, particularly if a team loses a couple starters the way Cleveland did, its only natural for people to bring that up. I think if vice versa happened and the Cavs went in full healthy and the Warriors went into the series without Klay Thompson and Bogut, that you'd be hearing the same thing from Warriors fans. The analysts are paid to talk so they are going to delve into that quite a bit.

I do feel for Cleveland fans, they've got the Browns to look forward to.

You right but they need to delve off into this championship and wrap their minds around the fact that Dubs won with defense passing and .... Jump shooting! Well we know Dubs did a bit more than that but that was the narrative going in. We know LeBron is the best in the world but its Dubs time now and it is well earned
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by 4ML:
In the playoffs this year - there were only two contenders in each conf. Warriors and Spurs in the West and Bulls and Cavs in the East. All the other teams were flawed and were exposed in the playoffs. The way Cavs played in the Finals without their two all-stars proved they were the best or 2nd best team in the league regardless of conf.

Second best sure but the Warriors finished first. They've earned it over the long haul of an 82 game season out West and by winning four 7 game series. All I hear is if was a 5th Cavs could've Thunder could've Spurs could've but this is the Warriors year. They've earned it and before they've had a parade the media is already discounting their chip. Smh

Media is stupid. I mean - ppl here discount Cavs making the Finals because it's a weaker conf. and then same ppl are gettin' upset over media saying Warriors faced a Cavs team that was missing 2 all-stars. So it's what ppl do. Try to find faults.

Warriors won fair and square. Irving and Love have to do a better job of staying healthy. Staying healthy is part of the game.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Dude.. give it up. They were NOT the best team in the league this year injuries or not. The Warriors won 83 games. They were easily the best team in the NBA this season.

Not only the best team, they were HISTORICALLY GREAT.

Yep. Only the 96 and 97 Bulls teams ever won this many games. Cleveland could have had all their players and I dont think it would have changed the results. As you say.. a historically great team.

Just curious about some history. The 2000 Lakers won 67 regular season games and finished with 82 wins, as the first round was only a best of 5 series. When did they switch to best of 7 in the first round? I wanna say it was like 10 years ago or something.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Cavs were 32-3 in the last 35 games when Lebron, Irving, and Love played. So...I really hope they keep this team together.
Media is stupid. I mean - ppl here discount Cavs making the Finals because it's a weaker conf. and then same ppl are gettin' upset over media saying Warriors faced a Cavs team that was missing 2 all-stars. So it's what ppl do. Try to find faults.

Warriors won fair and square. Irving and Love have to do a better job of staying healthy. Staying healthy is part of the game.

Trade you the Suns training and medical staff to borrow LeBron for a season.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Haha...Suns training and medical staff is

I'll trade Kevin Love for them to keep Kyrie healthy.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Dude.. give it up. They were NOT the best team in the league this year injuries or not. The Warriors won 83 games. They were easily the best team in the NBA this season.

Yep. Only the 96 and 97 Bulls teams ever won this many games. Cleveland could have had all their players and I dont think it would have changed the results. As you say.. a historically great team.

Just curious about some history. The 2000 Lakers won 67 regular season games and finished with 82 wins, as the first round was only a best of 5 series. When did they switch to best of 7 in the first round? I wanna say it was like 10 years ago or something.

2003 so yes the Lakers would alo have won 83 games

think it was 2003. remember my pistons going down to orlando 3-1 in the 1st round and coming back to win

I credit Cavs for winning the East. When you win an NBA title it should never be discounted by any logical person. In the NFL you can make a wildcard or win a division at 7-9 then get hot and win a chip on some BS like NYG in 2011 but to win in basketball it is a long hard journey and there is no March madness single game elimination tourney. This is four seven game series so excuses ring hollow for me. We all see the injuries but like you said you gotta be healthy to be at your best. Michael and Scottie and Rodman and Horace Grant never missed playoff games in their championship runs so those teams three peated twice! Kyrie and Love gotta get healthy stay healthy like LeBron has for five straight Finals runs and maybe they too can be champs. If the Cavs were a fifth were healthy....well GS was and they did it. They won it all and that should be respected unapologetically.

I know you're giving credit but some are making excuses
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 16, 2015 at 11:43 PM ]

I credit Cavs for winning the East. When you win an NBA title it should never be discounted by any logical person. In the NFL you can make a wildcard or win a division at 7-9 then get hot and win a chip on some BS like NYG in 2011 but to win in basketball it is a long hard journey and there is no March madness single game elimination tourney. This is four seven game series so excuses ring hollow for me. We all see the injuries but like you said you gotta be healthy to be at your best. Michael and Scottie and Rodman and Horace Grant never missed playoff games in their championship runs so those teams three peated twice! Kyrie and Love gotta get healthy stay healthy like LeBron has for five straight Finals runs and maybe they too can be champs. If the Cavs were a fifth were healthy....well GS was and they did it. They won it all and that should be respected unapologetically.

Well said guys. I give full credit to both teams for what they accomplished. It's a waste of time to upgrade or downgrade achievements based on hypotheticals.

• 4ML
  • Veteran

It's stupid to take anything away from the Warriors. They beat whoever they played. You don't reach Finals because you get lucky.

You get lucky in the lottery - not in the NBA playoffs lol

Haha...Suns training and medical staff is

I'll trade Kevin Love for them to keep Kyrie healthy.

I don't think the suns medical staff is so much more amazing than everybody else's. I personally think it has something to do with the dry/hot/arid environment in Phoenix that the players spend so much time in. Keeps the body healthy and strong and helps recuperate.
I don't think the suns medical staff is so much more amazing than everybody else's. I personally think it has something to do with the dry/hot/arid environment in Phoenix that the players spend so much time in. Keeps the body healthy and strong and helps recuperate.

The players that have been there would disagree. After a couple weeks, Shaq said that the sorts of exercises they were putting him through are things that he had never done before in his career up to that point. Grant Hill, Channing Frye, Nash, Penny, Jermaine O'Neal....guys with injury issues come in and get better. I think a big part of it has to do with the Suns very close relationship with the NASM which is always providing consulting and training advice to the team. They focus a lot on not just treating the injured area's of players, but building overall balance in the body.

Go look at the Suns in the early 90's before the current staff(Aaron Nelson, Dr. Clark) came in when guys like KJ and Barkley were constantly getting injured, they were must like anyone else. Now they've been a team that consistently takes in injury prone players yet year after year is one of the healthiest in the NBA.

I always thought Greg Oden f**ked up by not coming to Phoenix instead of Miami, not sure if he was "fixable" but they may have very well pulled it off.

"They're by far the best training staff," Frye said. "You can ask anybody who's played here. It's just the honest truth."

Shaq dubbed the Suns' training staff the YUMS, which stands for Young Unorthodox Medical Staff.

But to head athletic trainer Aaron Nelson, the Suns' methods only seemed unorthodox to Shaq because he wasn't used to them.

"To him it's unorthodox, to us it's regular science," Nelson said. "It's regular kinesiology, physiology, functional anatomy."

In a nutshell, the Suns aim to ensure that a weakness in one area does not compromise other parts of the body. For example, if a player injures his right ankle he will start compensating by putting more stress on his healthy side, so the training staff treats the entire athlete and not just the injured part to ensure "there is no movement dysfunction," as Nelson put it.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/look-inside-suns-legendary-training-staff-211522807.html
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 17, 2015 at 12:26 AM ]
Draymond Green's +205 in these playoffs is the best by any player since Kobe's +213 in '01.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Draymond Green's 205 in these playoffs is the best by any player since Kobe's 213 in '01.

Draymond saying after the game "They told me I can't play in this league"
Share 49ersWebzone