LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Lebron vs. His Airness

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
#kobeinferiorityComplex

It's amazing

The LeBoners from your boy winning the JV tournament are great. He's spent the prime of his career bouncing from one set of multiple all-star/HOF level players to the next, and he's still gonna have just 2 rings. But he puts up numbers, so hey.

So Lebron and MJ are overrated and Kobe is appreciated correctly? I know you know that LBJ is an all time type of player. You're probably just frustartated

Also, a lot of laker fans dislike LBJ and that's cool. You guys love Kobe and I get it. But I can't stand the segment of laker fans that hate on LBJ and then try and act like that are indifferent towards him. Keep it real... Not saying you do that, just venting.

It's amazing how we as NBA fans act like the East is not world class competition. It's the NBA, best of the best in the world but I guess it's a convenient way to hate
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
So Lebron and MJ are overrated and Kobe is appreciated correctly? I know you know that LBJ is an all time type of player. You're probably just frustartated

Also, a lot of laker fans dislike LBJ and that's cool. You guys love Kobe and I get it. But I can't stand the segment of laker fans that hate on LBJ and then try and act like that are indifferent towards him. Keep it real... Not saying you do that, just venting.

It's amazing how we as NBA fans act like the East is not world class competition. It's the NBA, best of the best in the world but I guess it's a convenient way to hate

I posted this earlier:

People act like a conference is bad for the first time and that's the only reason why Lebron is reaching Finals.

In the 80s -
Western Conference had 16 teams in the playoffs at .500 or below winning %Eastern Conference had 15 teams in the playoffs at.500 or below mark that made the playoffs. There were 13 other teams that barely had a winning record (42-40) during the regular season.

In the 90s-
Western Conference had 12 teams in the playoffs at .500 or below winning %Eastern Conference had 7 teams in the playoffs at .500 or below winning % and also had 7 other teams that went 42-40 in the regular season that made the playoffs.

During the 5 year stretch Lebron has made finals -
7 teams with .500 or below record made the playoffs in the Eastern Conf. and 2 teams had won 1 game over .500 (42-40).

-----------------

...and Kobe against the JV league without Shaq or Gasol:
2004-2005 (first year without Shaq): 13-17
2005-2006: 18-12
2006-2007: 14-16

...and Lebron against mighty West without Wade or Kyrie/Love:
2009-2010: 23-7
2008-2009: 26-4
2007-2008: 17-13
2006-2007: 19-11
2005-2006 (first year Lebron made playoffs): 16-14
Originally posted by 4ML:
I posted this earlier:

People act like a conference is bad for the first time and that's the only reason why Lebron is reaching Finals.

In the 80s -
Western Conference had 16 teams in the playoffs at .500 or below winning %Eastern Conference had 15 teams in the playoffs at.500 or below mark that made the playoffs. There were 13 other teams that barely had a winning record (42-40) during the regular season.

In the 90s-
Western Conference had 12 teams in the playoffs at .500 or below winning %Eastern Conference had 7 teams in the playoffs at .500 or below winning % and also had 7 other teams that went 42-40 in the regular season that made the playoffs.

During the 5 year stretch Lebron has made finals -
7 teams with .500 or below record made the playoffs in the Eastern Conf. and 2 teams had won 1 game over .500 (42-40).

-----------------

...and Kobe against the JV league without Shaq or Gasol:
2004-2005 (first year without Shaq): 13-17
2005-2006: 18-12
2006-2007: 14-16

...and Lebron against mighty West without Wade or Kyrie/Love:
2009-2010: 23-7
2008-2009: 26-4
2007-2008: 17-13
2006-2007: 19-11
2005-2006 (first year Lebron made playoffs): 16-14

East has been top heavy as you've shown. Less obstacles to the Finals but you ain't winning a chip until you best the West champ 4 of 7 so I ain't tripping. LeBron got two chips out the East but he still had to go through OKC and SAS to get em
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 6, 2015 at 5:23 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
#kobeinferiorityComplex

It's amazing

The LeBoners from your boy winning the JV tournament are great. He's spent the prime of his career bouncing from one set of multiple all-star/HOF level players to the next, and he's still gonna have just 2 rings. But he puts up numbers, so hey.

I was talking about how Kobe fans think Jordan's competition was sub par to Kobes .
I was talking about how Kobe fans think Jordan's competition was sub par to Kobes .

Lakers had the highest payroll for years and fielded some of the league's finest rosters with a tremendous supporting cast. No Laker fan would deny that but it doesn't detract from Shaq and Kobe's greatness. They did what they did who they did it against. They three peated just as MJ and Pip did. They just didn't match six chips so I can't put what they did ahead of CHI. MJ did more than Kobe and LeBron. LeBron has time to catch him though. Its hard to compare what one could do then or now but we can look at what they've done. MJ > Kobe > LeBron. I got Kobe ahead of LeBron but Shaq did MVP three of those chips so I note that but the chips still stack up because Kobe closed those games out for Shaq down the stretch just like Kobe closed out the 2008 Redeem team Olympic gold medal game while LeBron passed the ball and watched. LeBron even admitted that watching Kobe voluntarily lock up the other countries primary scoring threat was the catalyst for him working to improve his defensive efforts. LeBron admitted learning from Kobe and we know who Kobe patterned himself after
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 6, 2015 at 9:10 PM ]

This video better captures what he did game 6 in 98 at 35 yo a good bit beyond his peak years but that drive to carry this team after grinding through 3 consecutive championship seasons. This was extremely hard to do at this age with the second best player hobbled and someone here said he took 35 shots but when you are converting at 1.3 points per shot in the Finals after 3 consecutive runs with all the fatigue that run entails then you are still pretty effective because this is still better than shooting 50% from the field because you getting to the FT line. MJ was simply CHI best scoring option that night and he was a more than willing passer

I love this footage because you get a glimpse of the physicality of the game then and you can see the grown men and the intensity and the grittiness of the playoffs then. Also it is evident the contact MJ played through as if he never felt it. When folk say MJ was strong they weren't exaggerating. He wasn't as big as LeBron or Shaq but he was better and was consistently a champion come playoff time once he found his stride. He had unmatched stamina and will. We had a guy here saying MJ was overrated ... please! Where can you rate a guy that has done what he has done. I got a couple big men perhaps I would take over MJ in their prime but on the wings it is MJ all day!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I love this footage because you get a glimpse of the physicality of the game then and you can see the grown men and the intensity and the grittiness of the playoffs then. Also it is evident the contact MJ played through as if he never felt it. When folk say MJ was strong they weren't exaggerating. He wasn't as big as LeBron or Shaq but he was better and was consistently a champion come playoff time once he found his stride. He had unmatched stamina and will. We had a guy here saying MJ was overrated ... please! Where can you rate a guy that has done what he has done. I got a couple big men perhaps I would take over MJ in their prime but on the wings it is MJ all day!

really? this video shows the physicality of the NBA back then? all i'm watching is MJ uncontested drunks and lay ups or guys acting like they are going up to block his shot.
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Jul 10, 2015 at 10:55 AM ]
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
really? this video shows the physicality of the NBA back then? all i'm watching is MJ uncontested drunks and lay ups or guys acting like they are going up to block his shot.

Thats Pills POV, not the Videos

The Video is about the Greatest Player in NBA History
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

Playoff ball out East was very hands on. Cavs got back to that this year. I loved it

Does this most recent Finals finally get this thread locked, or does LeBron need to go 2-5 in the Finals?
Share 49ersWebzone