There are 175 users in the forums

PYMWYMI - The Harbaugh Debate

Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for Shanghai69er.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Remember -- with the 49ers offense it's designed to not call the play until there's only about 2-3 seconds left (to apparently keep the defense guessing). So it's not necessarily about getting to the line early. If this aspect changes then it'll just be due to a change in offensive philosophy.

And that's the problem. That s**t may cut it in college, NFL defenses are too good and all you are doing is setting your QB up to get murdered because the defense has it much easier when it comes to timing their move across the line. When this team has snapped the ball with plenty of time on the clock, the results have generally been better, the offense has looked crisp, the longer they wait to snap the ball, the more twitchy it seems everyone gets and I'd rather see them stick with one play and focus on executing well than having the QB try to change things up at the very last second.

...especially in extremely loud and raucous environs like Seattle...
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
B
A!
The offense has been tragic this season. I feel confident that the front office will be able to hire someone that will get us back on track, either it being tomsula (lol, maybe they know something we don't about him) or a young offense minded coach (hopefully).
A

Jim Harbaugh is one of my favorite football people. I loved him back in his playing days and I was ecstatic when we hired him (that 2011 season didn't hurt).

With that said, it's time to move on. We need to be more dynamic on offense and join the modern NFL instead of trying to recreate Michigan circa 1985. We need to get faster on offense and that totally goes against Harbaugh's approach to offense.
A

I love Jim Harbaugh but anyone that thinks he's the sole reason for the turnaround is dead wrong. Fangio & the defense are the reason, the D has won countless games for us. The horrible game planning on offense, terrible play calls and lack of 2nd hand adjustments are flat out embarrassing. It would be one thing if this only happened on occassion, but this happens almost every single week. The decision to muzzle Kap & try 2 make him Peyton Manning was terrible, look at what happened against the Chargers. We ran the ball, rolled the pocket for Kap, called fast developing plays instead of the ones that take a month to develop and he had his best game of the year.

I'll go on record and say this. Expect the 49ers to be a great D team again, even better than this year. They will hire a HC that knows offense, knows QBs and that guy will run the ball & let Kap be Kap. I feel almost sick saying this but if the Niners had the Seahawks offensive coaching staff, we'd have between 10-12 wins right now and probably a SB trophy.
A
Not exactly A -- A for the last 20 - 24 games.

Waaay too many 3 - outs;
Way too few tds;
Too inconsistent running the ball;
Lopsided, imbalanced, inept passing scheme;
mediocre to poor qb scheme execution;

= cluster.
Bump now that we know our coach
NFL Talk bud. Get this trash outta here!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Neither, it could have been A, but we hired the wrong new HC.

In other words, may be it "was" the right thing to do to fire Harbaugh, but unfortunately we hired a new head coach that is even worse than him.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Dinglebery/Manusky/Tomsula/Alex
16th ranked D
24th ranked O

Jim/Vic/Tomsula/Alex
2nd ranked D
11th ranked O

Jiim/Vic/Tomsula/Alex/Kap
2nd ranked D
11th ranked O

Jimi/Vic/Tomsula/Kap
3rd ranked D
11th ranked O

Jim/Vic/Tomsula/Kap
10th ranked D
25th ranked O

Tomsula/Rathman/?/Kap
TBD

rankings based on points for and against not yards gained

we'll see
kidash98...

now that the 2015-16 sched is out, when can we expect your PYMWYMI?
11-5
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
B
Share 49ersWebzone