LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 155 users in the forums

2014 Oakland Athletics Thread

yall miss balfour huh? lol the billy beane factor..
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Why you give any closer 10 mil is way beyond me. We have many better options to close other than this moron.

I actually think he sucks, but for the sake of the team I'm hoping he's just in a slump. Balfour started our terrible in 2012 but look how much we ended up loving him .

The thing about Johnson is he's choked in big situations in the past (blew 2 games last postseason). I'm kinda disappointed with Beane on this move cause when it comes to pitching he's on the money 90% of the time.
Well at least we have enough options if he really does suck, especially with O'Flaherty coming back in July.
Balfour also had a couple games blown in close proximity last year when his streak ended. It happens. Johnson will get back on the wagon. It's just frustrating to lose two close games right out of the gate.
total waste of time to challenge that wannabe inside the park HR when Fuld was CLEARLY thrown out at home.
Managers have definitely been over aggressive in their challenges so far this season. Practically every game has had one (or two) it seems. Should have let that go.

I like the decision to send Fuld, however, even if he got thrown out. Forced the Mariners to make the perfect relay throws, and hey, they did.
Maybe the league has asked managers to be aggressive with challenging stuff. He was clearly out.
I think the challenge was whether Zunino was illegally blocking the plate
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
I think the challenge was whether Zunino was illegally blocking the plate

This
Lots of line drives right at gloves tonight. :(
Coco :)

Coco is seriously one of the most underrated players in baseball. He is the MVP of our team without a doubt.
Disappointing that once again A's off to a slow start in scoring runs...at some point they're going to have to cut bait with Reddick, dude has flat-out sucked at the plate since second half of 2012 season. And Barton...never mind. But on the bright side Cespedes showing signs that he's adjusting to all the sliders away, I think only 2 K's so far. And Loco for Coco at OCo...he's the epitome of what they call a "professional hitter."

Chavez with a quality+ start last night, if they can get that from him on a consistent basis that will go a long way to replacing what they lost with Parker. Really, pitching except for a certain new closer has been great.
I wouldn't give up on Reddick yet. He hit two line drives to the outfield that happened to be right at the right fielder. His swing looks a lot stronger than last year. April at the Coliseum will downsize most offensive numbers.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I heard tonight's game was postponed because the grounds crew forgot to put the tarp on the field over the last 24 hours?

It's not even raining tonight and they had to cancel the game because the field is in such s**tty shape.
Originally posted by Muggins:
I heard tonight's game was postponed because the grounds crew forgot to put the tarp on the field over the last 24 hours?

It's not even raining tonight and they had to cancel the game because the field is in such s**tty shape.

on the first friday night of the season too
i'd be so pissed if I went to the game today

it was also nerd power night
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Apr 4, 2014 at 8:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone