There are 292 users in the forums

2014 Oakland Athletics Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
OOPS SRY GUISE. SEEYA
Gray looking like he's going to take the next step toward elite.

And man we're one big bat away from having a lineup I feel comfortable with. Man how great would Justin Upton look in an A's uniform right now.
Originally posted by Muggins:
OOPS SRY GUISE. SEEYA

That's not really a thing anymore. The broadcasters don't even bother ignoring it, let alone every sports channel cutting to the game and talking about it and instant updates on mobile and s**t. lol
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Muggins:
OOPS SRY GUISE. SEEYA

That's not really a thing anymore. The broadcasters don't even bother ignoring it, let alone every sports channel cutting to the game and talking about it and instant updates on mobile and s**t. lol

It would tick me off lol.

Honestly though I pull for the A's unless they are playing the Giants.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

And man we're one big bat away from having a lineup I feel comfortable with. Man how great would Justin Upton look in an A's uniform right now.

beane taking offers on Gray tonight after that performance
Originally posted by ads_2006:

lolz
Originally posted by ads_2006:

The only question is, will the firesale happen at midseason, or after they get knocked out of the playoffs..

Beane should try keeping a group of guys together for once. His way of doing this hasnt really worked.
Originally posted by Niners99:
The only question is, will the firesale happen at midseason, or after they get knocked out of the playoffs..

Beane should try keeping a group of guys together for once. His way of doing this hasnt really worked.

Speaking as someone who will never be mistaken as a bootlicker of the Beanius, his way has worked remarkably well in the context of fielding competitive teams using a limited payroll. But that said, I believe the A's can and should spend once in a while on someone like Donaldson...they are one of the most profitable teams in MLB and crying poor all the time just doesn't ring true.

But you're right that when it comes to the ultimate goal of winning or at least reaching a WS, Beane's teams have failed... and ironically in his quest for it last year he blew up the best team/chance the A's have had in the past 25 years.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Speaking as someone who will never be mistaken as a bootlicker of the Beanius, his way has worked remarkably well in the context of fielding competitive teams using a limited payroll. But that said, I believe the A's can and should spend once in a while on someone like Donaldson...they are one of the most profitable teams in MLB and crying poor all the time just doesn't ring true.

But you're right that when it comes to the ultimate goal of winning or at least reaching a WS, Beane's teams have failed... and ironically in his quest for it last year he blew up the best team/chance the A's have had in the past 25 years.

Last years team seemed like the perfect blend of a title contending roster, but for cheap. Beane should have tried to keep that group together, even if it meant signing some guys to longterm deals. That wouldve been the team to try a new strategy with.

Sometimes it feels like Beane treats the A's like his personal amusement. Its his elaborate puzzle that he contantly tinkers with.

Last years team seemed like the perfect blend of a title contending roster, but for cheap. Beane should have tried to keep that group together, even if it meant signing some guys to longterm deals. That wouldve been the team to try a new strategy with.

Sometimes it feels like Beane treats the A's like his personal amusement. Its his elaborate puzzle that he contantly tinkers with.

Yeah, I do think sometimes you've got to roll the dice and pay to keep at least a small core group of players you can build around instead of blowing it up every 2-3 years...even with their flaws, I would have kept Cespedes and Donaldson, and probably also Moss considering they didn't get much for him and he didn't cost much for a decent power bat.

It does feel sometimes like Beane makes moves just for the sake of making moves, like a fidgety kid in class who just can't sit still until the bell rings.

So should there be a new 2015 thread or at least update title of this one?

"The 2010's Oakland? A's Thread"
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
"The 2010's Oakland? A's Thread"

I can dig it.

ok.
Share 49ersWebzone