LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

2014 Oakland Athletics Thread

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
how did they not score on that donaldson bomb?

I'm still shaking my head on how that blast didn't even leave the ballpark.

I keep hearing about this, link?

It literally went 400 feet dead center and hit off the top of the wall but Barton was too much of an idiot to realize no one was going to catch it. He started tagging up instead of just running.

CF had a (slight) chance to catch it, we've seen it out there before...but with 1 out, that's why Barton needs to be at least halfway, and better yet a few steps away from 3B. If CF does make the circus catch, Barton can walk back to 2B and is still in scoring position with 2 outs where he's going on contact. If catch isn't made, Barton can crabwalk home. Of course there are times where you do tag up at 2B with 1 out, but a bomb like Donaldson hit isn't one of them.

On a side note, interesting that with all the talk about plays at the plate, Jaso was damn lucky he didn't get his lower leg snapped in half when he tagged out runner in the 6th...he exposed the inside of left leg, very fortunate his cleats did not dig into the dirt or he's done for the season. Definitely not the way catchers are taught, you want a runner sliding into the the front of the leg where there shin guard gives protection
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Apr 2, 2014 at 1:24 PM ]
yo Kazmir is BALLING
Great outing by Kazmir, and nice to see the bats come out. Let's do it again in a few hours.
Originally posted by captveg:
Great outing by Kazmir, and nice to see the bats come out. Let's do it again in a few hours.

moar baseball tonight

Kazmir doe
f**king Jim Johnson man.

This dude needs to get his s**t together real fast. Can't believe we're spending 10 million for this scrub. About to blow another game.
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Apr 2, 2014 at 9:19 PM ]
Jim Johnson f**king sucks.
god dammit jim johnson
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
f**king Jim Johnson man.

This dude needs to get his s**t together real fast. Can't believe we're spending 10 million for this scrub. About to blow another game.

why is it that every season our highest paid player is our s**tties one?

10 mill for this dude..
So.... Beane releases Johnson tomorrow, right?

Gregerson needs to be the closer or Doolittle. Johnson blows
Fans will probably boo him until he has at least 3 saves at home, too. Thats gonna suck for team chemistry.
Soooo....Johnson kinda sucks, eh?
Why you give any closer 10 mil is way beyond me. We have many better options to close other than this moron.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Why you give any closer 10 mil is way beyond me. We have many better options to close other than this moron.

I actually think he sucks, but for the sake of the team I'm hoping he's just in a slump. Balfour started our terrible in 2012 but look how much we ended up loving him .

The thing about Johnson is he's choked in big situations in the past (blew 2 games last postseason). I'm kinda disappointed with Beane on this move cause when it comes to pitching he's on the money 90% of the time.
Share 49ersWebzone