LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 743 users in the forums

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
That was stupid of magic. He's better than that. D'antoni as much as you guys hated him did a damn good job with what he had

This. IMO D'antoni did a fine job with all the injuries to the roster. Lakers had no business winning more than 15-16 games this season in the West.

I love Magic but that was kind of beneath him.

THIS. Since when has Magic lowered himself to making comments like this.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne

Lakers will take time in coaching search, but consider Ollie, Calipari, Byron, Gentry, Dunleavy, DFish, Karl, JVG, Rambis on initial list.

I would bet that Ollie is #1 on the list because of his knowledge of the NBA, his success at UConn, and his strong relationship with Kevin Durant. I seriously doubt the will go with Laker retreads like Dunleavy or Rambis as they will want to make a splash and excite their fans.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Lakers will take time in coaching search, but consider Ollie, Calipari, Byron, Gentry, Dunleavy, DFish, Karl, JVG, Rambis on initial list.

I would bet that Ollie is #1 on the list because of his knowledge of the NBA, his success at UConn, and his strong relationship with Kevin Durant. I seriously doubt the will go with Laker retreads like Dunleavy or Rambis as they will want to make a splash and excite their fans.

Agreed. I'd love for us to go for a first time head coach. Sam Cassell is another guy I'd like us to consider.

Agreed. I'd love for us to go for a first time head coach. Sam Cassell is another guy I'd like us to consider.

hypothetical: Mark Jackson gets fired from the Dubs. You interested?
Originally posted by vrabbit:

No. I think he's better suited for a young, upstart team. I get why the Dubs are interested in letting him go.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

No. I think he's better suited for a young, upstart team. I get why the Dubs are interested in letting him go.

I would still grab him in a heartbeat

Go with Gentry, Okaaaaaaaaaaay
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Go with Gentry, Okaaaaaaaaaaay

yup. same here. derek fisher would be worth a look as well. he's practically been an assistant coach for the past 2 years.
What they need to do is get rid of the washed up Kobe

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
What they need to do is get rid of the washed up Kobe

He is washed up because he was hurt? There is no doubt that he is overpaid but you have no idea if the man is "washed up". Anyway, with his contract there isnt a team that would take him at this point.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
That was stupid of magic. He's better than that. D'antoni as much as you guys hated him did a damn good job with what he had

This. IMO D'antoni did a fine job with all the injuries to the roster. Lakers had no business winning more than 15-16 games this season in the West.

I love Magic but that was kind of beneath him.

Magic does that stuff all of the time. I try to avoid him as a commentator because of how fondly I remember him as a player.

While I'm glad that D'Antoni's gone, he wasn't even close to being the biggest thing wrong with the Lakers. But it's very difficult to win without a culture of defensive accountability, so he had to go.

Definitely needed to go. Of course, Magic is emotionally invested with the Lakers but didn't expect him to over-react like that. Anyway, this is good news for the Lakers. Lakers should definitely look for a young coach. Ollie has to be at the top of the list along with Derek Fisher (good call). I'm not sure why Lionel Hollins was fired - but he can be a candidate too.
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 2m
Wow. @mcten: Lakers plan to reach out to Chicago Bulls for permission to interview Tom Thibodeau, a league source tells ESPN Los Angeles.

Originally posted by crabman82:
Wow. @mcten: Lakers plan to reach out to Chicago Bulls for permission to interview Tom Thibodeau, a league source tells ESPN Los Angeles.

warriors need to do that
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by crabman82:

warriors need to do that

I wouldnt be at all surprised to see that happen actually and the Warriors would be a much better gig for him. I think Jackson is a goner.
Share 49ersWebzone