There are 175 users in the forums

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson

Happy days are here again! Mike D'Antoni resigns as the Lakers coach. I couldn't be happier!
Originally posted by Jcool:

Happy days are here again! Mike D'Antoni resigns as the Lakers coach. I couldn't be happier!

Haha

Is D'Antoni an idiot or what.
  • titan
  • Veteran

That's pretty hurtful but funny!!!!

That was stupid of magic. He's better than that. D'antoni as much as you guys hated him did a damn good job with what he had
Who are some good candidates for the position?

George Karl?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
That was stupid of magic. He's better than that. D'antoni as much as you guys hated him did a damn good job with what he had

This. IMO D'antoni did a fine job with all the injuries to the roster. Lakers had no business winning more than 15-16 games this season in the West.

I love Magic but that was kind of beneath him.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

George Karl?

Kevin Ollie
Originally posted by 4ML:

This. IMO D'antoni did a fine job with all the injuries to the roster. Lakers had no business winning more than 15-16 games this season in the West.

Yeah. He sounds like a teenager whose teacher was just laid off. Act like the businessman you want people to think you are.

Originally posted by 4ML:

Magic does that stuff all of the time. I try to avoid him as a commentator because of how fondly I remember him as a player.

While I'm glad that D'Antoni's gone, he wasn't even close to being the biggest thing wrong with the Lakers. But it's very difficult to win without a culture of defensive accountability, so he had to go.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 1, 2014 at 7:28 AM ]

George Karl?

Ollie and Byron Scott seem to be at the top of the candidates list
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

George Karl?

Derek Fisher as well.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

George Karl?

Derek Fisher as well.

don't know how i feel about that one
Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne

Lakers will take time in coaching search, but consider Ollie, Calipari, Byron, Gentry, Dunleavy, DFish, Karl, JVG, Rambis on initial list.
Share 49ersWebzone