Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
wtf is barca doing? omfg

that was penalty...barca is very fortunate they're only down a goal

yup, then Neymar barely misses the equalizer on the other end
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Barca needed that 2nd goal in the 1st leg. Came back to bite them in the end. Full credit to Atleti...they didn't let Barca play their game. Good luck to them in Champions League.
Please.let that loss be a wake up call. This team needs an overhaul and nothing should be off the table.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Please.let that loss be a wake up call. This team needs an overhaul and nothing should be off the table.

I believe it's the first time in 7 years that Barca didn't reach the Semi's of CL. Incredible run. I'm not sure if it's time to make wholesale changes but yes - something needs to done. This isn't good enough.

I believe it's the first time in 7 years that Barca didn't reach the Semi's of CL. Incredible run. I'm not sure if it's time to make wholesale changes but yes - something needs to done. This isn't good enough.

shore up the back 4 IMO
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:

shore up the back 4 IMO

Got bant in the transfer window. f**king a...I think we need a mid-fielder too. Xavi and Iniesta are getting old fast.
Got bant in the transfer window. f**king a...I think we need a mid-fielder too. Xavi and Iniesta are getting old fast.

That's my point.

Cesc was a poor signing, and they're going to pay for letting Thiago go over him. Xavi has not been the same since the 2012 Euro. He used to constantly move in the midfield and create space and passing lanes. He's so statinary now. Almost like a holder and while he's great on the ball he no longer looks for the killer pass. He's much more focused on retaining possession, and he's become easy to scheme against. Messi has not been his self this entire season and I hate to say it but he's not the same player. Him and Neymar not tracking back killed the defense too. My point isn't to bash these guys but they're the nucleus of this team, and the past 2 years have been a slow degeneration. I remember a time that Messi and Xaxi absolutely dominated games I think those times may be coming to an end and it may be time for a new coach to reinvent this team.

At the very least they need to bring in another young midfielder and CB when the damn transfer ban is over. Get rid of dead weight like Song, Cesc, and Masch while we can still get a nice return.

That's my point.

Cesc was a poor signing, and they're going to pay for letting Thiago go over him. Xavi has not been the same since the 2012 Euro. He used to constantly move in the midfield and create space and passing lanes. He's so statinary now. Almost like a holder and while he's great on the ball he no longer looks for the killer pass. He's much more focused on retaining possession, and he's become easy to scheme against. Messi has not been his self this entire season and I hate to say it but he's not the same player. Him and Neymar not tracking back killed the defense too. My point isn't to bash these guys but they're the nucleus of this team, and the past 2 years have been a slow degeneration. I remember a time that Messi and Xaxi absolutely dominated games I think those times may be coming to an end and it may be time for a new coach to reinvent this team.

At the very least they need to bring in another young midfielder and CB when the damn transfer ban is over. Get rid of dead weight like Song, Cesc, and Masch while we can still get a nice return.
Xavi (3 goals & 2 assists in La Liga) is finished as a starter for a UCL contender. Messi could not have looked more disinterested today (Ran 6.8 KM, everyone else for Barca ran +10 KM, while Koke ran 12.2). Cesc should replace Xavi or be dealt for defensive help. Barca needs a retooling which will take a couple seasons, by then you are looking at a 32 year old Iniesta, 29 year old Messi and 30 year old Pique. The football landscape is far improved since Barcelona's dominance of the mid 2000's which clubs like Bayern & PSG. By then Manchester United will be rebuilt, Manchester City will likely hit their UCL stride and even Dortmund might rebound with new talent. I think Barca should focus on domestic football for the next 2 seasons because UCL is out of the question.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Had a feeling it's gonna get worse for Barca. Time for change...need a new coach.

Wasted season

• 4ML
  • Veteran
lol tree got bant for trollin' NT lol

Liverpool
[ Edited by H41L5ATAN on Apr 12, 2014 at 4:00 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Hope Liverpool seals the deal. Used to like them in PL when Torres was at his peak. Good to see them back at/near the top.
Had a feeling it's gonna get worse for Barca. Time for change...need a new coach.

Wasted season

New board and new coach. They need to bring a proven mind that can rebuild this team, and a president and board that will let him do his job.
Share 49ersWebzone