LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 13/14

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Neymar weighs like 135lbs @ 5'9 lol. Yes, he dives but he also gets fouled a lot. Everyone is whining about him diving. Coaches and players need to use a little common sense. You can't expect him to run through tackles like a 160lb player would.

Ribbery who is shorter and stockier falls like a little b***h anytime he loses control of the ball. Then he acts like a tough son of a b***h. Must be the German culture...lol The act is hilarious. Robben does the same and will then abuses the ref every time he loses possession.

Yea I've always hated Robben and Ribery. Douchemaster generals.

Watch Germans focusing on more physical game

Bunch of pussies acting tough lol
Youtube montages are cute. How do you stomach "El Clasico" aka flop fest?
Originally posted by joshuatree:

Iniesta, Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Bale. Check.
lol at all the feels in this thread, especially those who have a CLEAR agenda
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Iniesta, Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Bale. Check.

This.

And, neither of us is denying that players in La Liga don't dive. He needs to get off his high-horse. Players dive everywhere. Players are lookin' for any edge they can get to help their team. Most don't give a f**k what fans think - they only care what their team-mates and coaches think - and all they care about is winning.

It's always hilarious when fans of one team label players on other teams as divers.

How do Bayern fans stomach this?

loool
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:

No feels or agenda. Players dive everywhere. To act like there are no divers on your team is kinda stupid and ridiculous.
Barcelona's entire strategy is based on ball possession. Which is why drawing fouls is so crucial. Not only keeps the ball out of opponents hands but also slows down the game, which is exactly what Barca wants. You are right, other nations like Germany have taller/stronger players so it's in their best interest to focus on a more physical game.

I would agree with all of this. But my point was Barca didn't invent flopping and they're not the only team that does it.

I enjoy a physical style of play though especially the German NT. I think Real Madrid, Bayern, Brazil, and Germany are the best 1 3 2 4 in the world. When you have 2 monster destroyer/creators in midfield and a front line that has the pace to counterstrike you're damn near unbeatable.

This World Cup is going to be intense. The German, Portuguese, and Brazillian NTs have finally reached fruition.

Poor USA got seeded with two superpowers.
[ Edited by eonblue on Apr 4, 2014 at 3:57 PM ]

No feels or agenda. Players dive everywhere. To act like there are no divers on your team is kinda stupid and ridiculous.

oh there are definitely feels and there's definitely an agenda. It's funny that you reacted to my post though because it wasn't really aimed at you guys, after all I don't believe barca fans started this silly argument.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

oh there are definitely feels and there's definitely an agenda. It's funny that you reacted to my post though because it wasn't really aimed at you guys, after all I don't believe barca fans started this silly argument.

Fair enough.

Ppl are always quick to label players on other teams as divers/floppers or start screaming controversy when refs f**k up against teams - yet quickly forget when their players dive/flop or when refs make a call in their favor. It happens everywhere in every sport.

But yes, I should stop feeding the troll.

Fair enough.

Ppl are always quick to label players on other teams as divers/floppers or start screaming controversy when refs f**k up against teams - yet quickly forget when their players dive/flop or when refs make a call in their favor. It happens everywhere in every sport.

I don't know. I guess I just hoped after we waded through the mud we might get to talk about some soccer. I'm not going to lie though. After these sanctions it doesn't take much for me to catch the feelz.

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Fair enough.

I don't know. I guess I just hoped after we waded through the mud we might get to talk about some soccer. I'm not going to lie though. After these sanctions it doesn't take much for me to catch the feelz.

I'd love to talk soccer but he speaks only nonsense.

Anyway, sanctions suck ass but as long as Ter Stegen is allowed to join Barca - it's not a big deal. I'm sure they'd like to sign a big time CB but with Bartra gettin' a lot of time on the pitch this year - he has showed that he can be a very good. Barca has been trying to sign a big name at CB for at least 2 years but haven't been able to. Doubt they would have found someone this summer anyway. Should have gone after Silva couple years ago when Milan was selling him.

Anyway, sanctions suck ass but as long as Ter Stegen is allowed to join Barca - it's not a big deal. I'm sure they'd like to sign a big time CB but with Bartra gettin' a lot of time on the pitch this year - he has showed that he can be a very good. Barca has been trying to sign a big name at CB for at least 2 years but haven't been able to. Doubt they would have found someone this summer anyway. Should have gone after Silva couple years ago when Milan was selling him.
I know man. If they had Silva running the back line this team would be sooo much stronger. Bartra does look good but he seems like lesser Pique and ultimately you can't play both of them together I feel. They're both sweepers and I think a sweeper has to be played next to a CB that can move up and play the man. He could possibly be better than Pique though just based on Piques work ethic. I think if were shutout from the transfer market for the next two years it's really going to hurt the squad. We have the youth academy which I guess allows us to discover some new talent but I think we will have to expect a decline. Madrid is buying star players by the twos and threes. We really needed to bring in a CB and LB to counter Bale and Ronaldo.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I know man. If they had Silva running the back line this team would be sooo much stronger. Bartra does look good but he seems like lesser Pique and ultimately you can't play both of them together I feel. They're both sweepers and I think a sweeper has to be played next to a CB that can move up and play the man. He could possibly be better than Pique though just based on Piques work ethic. I think if were shutout from the transfer market for the next two years it's really going to hurt the squad. We have the youth academy which I guess allows us to discover some new talent but I think we will have to expect a decline. Madrid is buying star players by the twos and threes. We really needed to bring in a CB and LB to counter Bale and Ronaldo.

The ban is for two transfer windows - so we'll be able to start purchasing next summer. We will have to sit out this summer winter if it's upheld. Hopefully, they will reconsider the ban and impose a fine instead.

But, you're right. Bartra and Pique aren't a good fit together - they're too similar. I'd love to sign a true CB in Puyol's role. With Alves, Alba, and Montoya - I'm not sure if they'll bring anyone to counter Bale or Ronaldo. I think they just need to tweak how they attack and not expose the CBs completely.
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

First Place! Here are the remaining fixtures...

Liverpool
West Ham 1 - Liverpool 2
vs. ManCity (3rd)
@ Norwich (15th)
vs. Chelsea (2nd)
@ Crystal Palace (16th)
vs. Newcastle (9th)

Chelsea(plus CL match ups vs. PSG)
Chelsea 3 - Stoke 0
@ Swansea City (13th)
vs. Sunderland (19th)
@ Liverpool (1st)