There are 267 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 13/14

Barcelona

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1772107/barcelona-hit-transfer-ban?cc=5901
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Barcelona

Will still be better than Liverpool even after 2 season with no transfer market.

This happened to Chelsea 4 years ago and they appealed and payed a fine. I doubt FIFA is going to shut Barca down for 2 seasons.
[ Edited by eonblue on Apr 2, 2014 at 8:43 AM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Barcelona

Will still be better than Liverpool even after 2 season with no transfer market.

This happened to Chelsea 4 years ago and they appealed and payed a fine. I doubt FIFA is going to shut Barca down for 2 seasons.

Iz jus kiddin. You essentially broke the news for me so I had to lash out somewhere.

Iz jus kiddin. You essentially broke the news for me so I had to lash out somewhere.

I don't really watch the Spanish League but Neymar is one of my favorite players. Still think Real Madrid is tighter though...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Barcelona

Even though that sucks but Barcelona is probably best equipped to handle such a ban with so many home-grown players. But, we need Ter Stegen bad this off-season so hopefully we are able to reach some deal and pay the fine.

Exactly. They will complain and Neymar flop their way to pushing the punishment back til after the Summer transfer market. Then it will be decreased to only 1 period.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by joshuatree:

Exactly. They will complain and Neymar flop their way to pushing the punishment back til after the Summer transfer market. Then it will be decreased to only 1 period.

lol you're a bayern fan - stfu about diving. No team has a better tandem of divers than your team.

https

Hopefully. They need a GK and CB now.

All strikers flops. It's part of the game. All football players flop. It's a dirty sport.

In the case of Neymar he's 145lbs and a gifted dribbler. He's going to draw fouls. Do you expect him to push through and possibly injury himself when he has a 6'2 190 brute pushing through his body? I would go limp automatically too. It's safest way to avoid injury. Neymar isn't Messi. He's lanky and has a high center of gravity. If someone takes his legs his upper body will fall over and the legs will buckle.

Funny thing is I never single out any football player for flopping. I make jokes about good at play acting some of them are, but I'm not going to act like there's only one guy doing it. You clearly have a Barca bias though so I guess it comes natural.

Just like Bayern hasn't even won their 2nd CL and they're better then Barcas Pep squad.

It's only bad when Barca does it or it's not near as good when Barca does it. You evidence that by singling out Neymar when you have floppers on the Bayern squad, and you ignore Barca while noting Bayern who has literally done 1/3 of what Barca has done in the past 5 years. It's alright tho because I don't really expect subjectivity from you at this point.
Originally posted by 4ML:
lol you're a bayern fan - stfu about diving. No team has a better tandem of divers than your team.

https

Lol At least Neymar is drawing contact. Ribery is such a joke.

Hopefully. They need a GK and CB now.

All strikers flops. It's part of the game. All football players flop. It's a dirty sport.

In the case of Neymar he's 145lbs and a gifted dribbler. He's going to draw fouls. Do you expect him to push through and possibly injury himself when he has a 6'2 190 brute pushing through his body? I would go limp automatically too. It's safest way to avoid injury. Neymar isn't Messi. He's lanky and has a high center of gravity. If someone takes his legs his upper body will fall over and the legs will buckle.

Funny thing is I never single out any football player for flopping. I make jokes about good at play acting some of them are, but I'm not going to act like there's only one guy doing it. You clearly have a Barca bias though so I guess it comes natural.

Just like Bayern hasn't even won their 2nd CL and they're better then Barcas Pep squad.

It's only bad when Barca does it or it's not near as good when Barca does it. You evidence that by singling out Neymar when you have floppers on the Bayern squad, and you ignore Barca while noting Bayern who has literally done 1/3 of what Barca has done in the past 5 years. It's alright tho because I don't really expect subjectivity from you at this point.

Certain cultures flop more than others. It's a byproduct of discouraging physical play in favor of skill growing up. Flopping is a big reason why La Liga has so much scoring (Messi's records). If defensive physical play was allowed, the gap between the Top teams and everyone else would shrink and that's not the leagues prerogative. The farther away from Northern Europe, the more pretty boy flopping occurs.
Certain cultures flop more than others. It's a byproduct of discouraging physical play in favor of skill growing up. Flopping is a big reason why La Liga has so much scoring (Messi's records). If defensive physical play was allowed, the gap between the Top teams and everyone else would shrink and that's not the leagues prerogative. The farther away from Northern Europe, the more pretty boy flopping occurs.

Yes but then were entering the same old argument.

Free flowing or physical bursts?

The La Liga has the most elusive and gifted dribblers on the planet. Notice where England is importing their forwards from. It's inevitable that there's going to be more penalties because accidents happen when you're defending Messi, Ronaldo, and Neymar. It doesn't help that they don't produce the best defenders either. You're not thinking your argument through. You saying refs should allow more defensive play like all La Liga penalties are result of clean tackles and the fact of the matter is 99% are bad tackles because the overall pool of Spanish defenders is very weak compared to other leagues while the overall pool of attackers is very strong. A disparity at opposing positions is why La Liga scoring is so high.

Germany produces physical players therefore it only makes sense to let them play to their strengths. It doesn't mean one style is better than the other. So all this pretty boy flopping s**t is just you indirectly slobbing on German knob. You completely ignored the video above of Ribery getting tackled by ghosts. And there's a reason only Russians watch the Russian league. It's technically speaking the ugliest league on the planet. Even the most gifted Russian products don't make it in the major leagues.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

https

Lol At least Neymar is drawing contact. Ribery is such a joke.

Neymar weighs like 135lbs @ 5'9 lol. Yes, he dives but he also gets fouled a lot. Everyone is whining about him diving. Coaches and players need to use a little common sense. You can't expect him to run through tackles like a 160lb player would.

Ribbery who is shorter and stockier falls like a little b***h anytime he loses control of the ball. Then he acts like a tough son of a b***h. Must be the German culture...lol The act is hilarious. Robben does the same and will then abuses the ref every time he loses possession.
Neymar weighs like 135lbs @ 5'9 lol. Yes, he dives but he also gets fouled a lot. Everyone is whining about him diving. Coaches and players need to use a little common sense. You can't expect him to run through tackles like a 160lb player would.

Ribbery who is shorter and stockier falls like a little b***h anytime he loses control of the ball. Then he acts like a tough son of a b***h. Must be the German culture...lol The act is hilarious. Robben does the same and will then abuses the ref every time he loses possession.

Yea I've always hated Robben and Ribery. Douchemaster generals.
Yes but then were entering the same old argument.

Free flowing or physical bursts?

The La Liga has the most elusive and gifted dribblers on the planet. Notice where England is importing their forwards from. It's inevitable that there's going to be more penalties because accidents happen when you're defending Messi, Ronaldo, and Neymar. It doesn't help that they don't produce the best defenders either. You're not thinking your argument through. You saying refs should allow more defensive play like all La Liga penalties are result of clean tackles and the fact of the matter is 99% are bad tackles because the overall pool of Spanish defenders is very weak compared to other leagues while the overall pool of attackers is very strong. A disparity at opposing positions is why La Liga scoring is so high.

Germany produces physical players therefore it only makes sense to let them play to their strengths. It doesn't mean one style is better than the other. So all this pretty boy flopping s**t is just you indirectly slobbing on German knob. You completely ignored the video above of Ribery getting tackled by ghosts. And there's a reason only Russians watch the Russian league. It's technically speaking the ugliest league on the planet. Even the most gifted Russian products don't make it in the major leagues.

Barcelona's entire strategy is based on ball possession. Which is why drawing fouls is so crucial. Not only keeps the ball out of opponents hands but also slows down the game, which is exactly what Barca wants. You are right, other nations like Germany have taller/stronger players so it's in their best interest to focus on a more physical game.
Share 49ersWebzone