LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 357 users in the forums

New Orleans Hornets to change name to Pelicans

Originally posted by jrg:
Maybe they should change their name to the New Orleans Hurricanes.....too soon?

lol not at all
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Quoted :

New Orleans should change their name, but not to the Pelicans. I think they should bring back the Jazz nickname in a four team name swap. The Hornets name goes back to Charlotte, New Orleans get the Jazz nickname. The Grizzlies name goes to Utah and Memphis become the Bobcats.

To clarify, it would be: New Orleans Jazz, Charlotte Hornets, Utah Grizzlies and the Memphis Bobcats.

I actually think this is a good idea. Then just move the kings (sorry my dudes) to seattle and call them the sonics and all will be good.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by jrg:
Maybe they should change their name to the New Orleans Hurricanes.....too soon?

lol not at all

Yeah that'd be like calling a team the New York Jets... ohh... dang...
Pelicans are actually pretty mean. I like it.
Quoted :

New Orleans should change their name, but not to the Pelicans. I think they should bring back the Jazz nickname in a four team name swap. The Hornets name goes back to Charlotte, New Orleans get the Jazz nickname. The Grizzlies name goes to Utah and Memphis become the Bobcats. 

To clarify, it would be: New Orleans Jazz, Charlotte Hornets, Utah Grizzlies and the Memphis Bobcats.

Utah should be the "Honeybees" which derives from the original name of Utah Territory "Deseret" that the Mormons gave it....
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Quoted :

I actually think this is a good idea. Then just move the kings (sorry my dudes) to seattle and call them the sonics and all will be good.

so..... the Bobcats might be the Hornets... the Hornets might be the Pelecans.............................................

Quoted :

also to clarify........

karl malone would become the all time leader scorer for the...........Grizzlies??
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
also to clarify........

karl malone would become the all time leader scorer for the...........Grizzlies??

Who cares? lol
Originally posted by pahlerbj:

Originally posted by pahlerbj:

lulz
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

Bwaa haha
  • jrg
  • Veteran
^^^^^^

I thought this all was a joke at first
what the f**k?
Share 49ersWebzone