LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

New Orleans Hornets to change name to Pelicans

• Paul
  • Veteran
There are much worse names in professional sports... people just aren't used to "Pelicans" yet. The jerseys look good, similar to the Atlanta Hawks it seems.
Name one. Pelicans is awful.
I like the color scheme. The name is going to take some time to get used to. I wonder what Louisiana residents think of the name.
bwahahhahah pelicans, lmao!
The hell they can!
Rougarou? Nice. Nothing like scaring the kids away from basketball by naming your team after a scary legendary monster.

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Rougarou? Nice. Nothing like scaring the kids away from basketball by naming your team after a scary legendary monster.

The New Orleans Rogues for short
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Can't they just be the Hornets?

• Paul
  • Veteran
The owner wanted to change the name to something relevant to the city & state... Also whenever the change happens expect Charlotte to become the Hornets again (as Jordan says). I like the name.
The trademarks:

New Orleans Pelicans

New Orleans Rougarou

New Orleans Mosquitos

New Orleans Swamp Dogs

New Orleans Bullsharks

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/orleans-hornets-nba-reportedly-registered-five-trademarks-name-013255409--nba.html

New Orleans Katrinas
New Orleans Homeless
We have a Giants in baseball and in football, lets go ahead and make one in the NBA, the New Orleans Giants
New Orleans Boobie Flashers
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Hornets to announce new nickname of Pelicans, new logo tomorrow,source told Y! Sports.Pelicans is state bird, environmental symbol for state

Pelicans name and logo go used next season. Merchandise availability to be determined. Pelicans also old name of Nawlins minor league teams.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone