LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

New Orleans Hornets to change name to Pelicans

Originally posted by ItouchMyself:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by ItouchMyself:
I like it. After all, what the f**k is a laker?

Franchise started out in Minneapolis--you know the land of 10,000 lakes.

I know that's the reason for the name. But what the f**k is a laker?

One who is of the land of lakes. At least a pelican is an animal. What about the Knickerbockers? The Pacers?
Louisiana, this is what incest, eating alligator, miliking katrina for 7 years, watching the saints and ruining eddie debartolo's ownership will get you...

Sincerely,
Louisiana, this is what incest, eating alligator, miliking katrina for 7 years, watching the saints and ruining eddie debartolo's ownership will get you...

Sincerely,
Tony Montana shall dub ye:

"The Flamingoes"
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Tony Montana shall dub ye:

"The Flamingoes"

Fly pelican fly! Come on pelicAn !
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Dec 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran

• jrg
  • Veteran

so bad.....
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
sounds like hockey

Born, raised and currently living in the south (AL) I can tell you that Pelicans are not friendly creatures, they are big as f*ck and I guarantee you would not go over to one and try to pet it, with all that being said, it's still a stupid name

Quoted :

New Orleans should change their name, but not to the Pelicans. I think they should bring back the Jazz nickname in a four team name swap. The Hornets name goes back to Charlotte, New Orleans get the Jazz nickname. The Grizzlies name goes to Utah and Memphis become the Bobcats. 

To clarify, it would be: New Orleans Jazz, Charlotte Hornets, Utah Grizzlies and the Memphis Bobcats.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Maybe they should change their name to the New Orleans Hurricanes.....too soon?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Quoted :

New Orleans should change their name, but not to the Pelicans. I think they should bring back the Jazz nickname in a four team name swap. The Hornets name goes back to Charlotte, New Orleans get the Jazz nickname. The Grizzlies name goes to Utah and Memphis become the Bobcats.

To clarify, it would be: New Orleans Jazz, Charlotte Hornets, Utah Grizzlies and the Memphis Bobcats.

I actually think this is a good idea. Then just move the kings (sorry my dudes) to seattle and call them the sonics and all will be good.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
New Orleans Crepes
Bourbon Street Drunkards
Share 49ersWebzone