There are 261 users in the forums

New Orleans Hornets to change name to Pelicans

Link: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8711940/new-orleans-hornets-change-nickname-pelicans-according-report

What are they thinking? Did they get the fans opinion on this?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
The New Orleans Hornets are expected to become the New Orleans Pelicans, perhaps as early as the 2013-14 season, according to a Yahoo! Sports report.

Yahoo! Sports, citing numerous sources, reports the team also considered Krewe and Brass as potential nicknames.

Lol, all of these are BAD
Pelicans...Anthony Davis... New Orleans has to be the least marketable team now
I also read that MJ would consider putting the Hornets name back in Charlotte and dropping the Bobcats name.
I cannot get jiggy with this ish.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
"Hey guys..you wanna go to the bar and watch the Pelicans game?"

Originally posted by jrg:
"Hey guys..you wanna go to the bar and watch the Pelicans game?"

Sure, as soon as I'm done watching the Utah Jizz vs Memphis Gheys game.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
New Orleans basketball Saints
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fincham11:
I also read that MJ would consider putting the Hornets name back in Charlotte and dropping the Bobcats name.

BobCats was a very stupid choice, I remember the "Charlotte Flight" was a possible name and sounded pretty cool... Pelicans... I don't know, sounds too much like a high school team. Can't be as bad as Nuggets though

Originally posted by Paul:
Originally posted by Fincham11:

BobCats was a very stupid choice, I remember the "Charlotte Flight" was a possible name and sounded pretty cool... Pelicans... I don't know, sounds too much like a high school team. Can't be as bad as Nuggets though

Naw, gold nuggets are pretty cool, actually. f**k a pelican.
Hella gay
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I don't even know if it's that bad.... s**t some of the NFL names are odd sounding (Browns, Packers, even Vikings are a bit lame)
Originally posted by Paul:
I don't even know if it's that bad.... s**t some of the NFL names are odd sounding (Browns, Packers, even Vikings are a bit lame)

Vikings isn't bad. They were warriors. Cardinals is pretty stupid. At least the other bird names are raptors. Redskins is so f**ked up it should be banned. A ram is a goat. A f**king goat. lol
Originally posted by ItouchMyself:
I like it. After all, what the f**k is a laker?

Franchise started out in Minneapolis--you know the land of 10,000 lakes.
Share 49ersWebzone