LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by 4ML:
From what is reported by Stephen A Smith...in the end, if Lakers will willing to fire D'Antoni and hire a coach who knew how to use Dwight - he'd have stayed.

Which is what they should've done instead of sticking with this retard
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Yeah Stephen A said it was about the coach, not Kobe. Though people are gonna blame Kobe for everything regardless.

I don't think ppl are blaming Kobe for everything. If anything, I think too much blame was placed on Dwight last year. Kobe has to share the load on offense and at times accept a lesser role if required, IMHO.
Yeah Stephen A said it was about the coach, not Kobe. Though people are gonna blame Kobe for everything regardless.

I don't think ppl are blaming Kobe for everything. If anything, I think too much blame was placed on Dwight last year. Kobe has to share the load on offense and at times accept a lesser role if required, IMHO.

I'm talking about people who don't like the lakers blaming Kobe for anything they can, such as Dwight leaving when it appears it was about the coach.

Kobe will have to take a lesser role on offense as he gets older, I'm just not sure Dwight was the person to surrender the role too. I live Dwight on defense, but on offense, he's sort of a mess. He holds the ball too low and gets stripped often, he he doesn't have much of an ability to score unless he's fed dunks/layups. This is all after 8 years in the league. I'm not sure any of that improves at this point.
I'm talking about people who don't like the lakers blaming Kobe for anything they can, such as Dwight leaving when it appears it was about the coach.

Kobe will have to take a lesser role on offense as he gets older, I'm just not sure Dwight was the person to surrender the role too. I live Dwight on defense, but on offense, he's sort of a mess. He holds the ball too low and gets stripped often, he he doesn't have much of an ability to score unless he's fed dunks/layups. This is all after 8 years in the league. I'm not sure any of that improves at this point.

completely agree with you
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Dwight was top 5 in efficiency on offense in Orlando. He dropped to late 20s or 30s in LA. Yes, new system and team-mates and injuries contributed to that...but the drop-off shouldn't have been this drastic. He is not great offensively, he isn't that poor either.
Dwight was top 5 in efficiency on offense in Orlando. He dropped to late 20s or 30s in LA. Yes, new system and team-mates and injuries contributed to that...but the drop-off shouldn't have been this drastic. He is not great offensively, he isn't that poor either.

I'm not exactly sure what offensive efficiency measures. I'm guessing fg%, points per possesion, offensive rebounds, points per shot attempt, etc... Im not sure though. I just know some of the problems here were the same problems he had in Orl, such as turnovers and limited abilities in the low post. He is a freakishly gifted athlete, so despite his limitations, he can dunk from anywhere if you create a lane for him.

Orl had time to get get a 3 point shooting small forward and turn him into a power forward to give Howard a stretch 4 and draw the defense away. I'm guessing that helped a lot with his effiecieny rating. We still had Gasol under contract, who proved to not be a good 3pt shooter. I still highly doubt that type of team could win any titles. I know orl went to the finals, but the western conf is much stronger than that and the eastern conf is much stronger now as well.
Lakers positioning themselves for a run at both Lebron and Carmelo next year
4ML...I don't know if it's just sour grapes on the part of the Lakers because most of this has come out after he's left, but there have been some reports of Dwight intentionally blowing up plays (especially pick & rolls) because he wanted post touches. There were also reports during the year (which I put more stock into) of teammates being really upset with Dwight for not playing hard.

The guy who was most outwardly pissed off at Dwight during the year (and has been just killing him afterward) is Nash. IMO, if you can't get along with Steve Nash as a teammate, there's a problem with you, because what Nash enjoys doing most is making other people look good. Some pretty damning stuff in here, and this if from February.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/howard-495416-nash-lakers.html
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

but wont get either lol
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

but wont get either lol

Another Kings fan trolling the Laker thread lol

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

but wont get either lol

Been trolling hard for a while, now. lol

but wont get either lol

LA, its not about the Kings my friend. A lot of people that aren't Laker fans, regardless of what team they like, don't like the Lakers. I imagine you would find more Laker haters on a 49ers website because of the NorCal/SoCal thing. No need for you to stoop to a level below you and clown the lowly Kings. And talk about the Seattle thing. You're too good for that and its unnecessary.
Originally posted by sacniner:

but wont get either lol

LA, its not about the Kings my friend. A lot of people that aren't Laker fans, regardless of what team they like, don't like the Lakers. I imagine you would find more Laker haters on a 49ers website because of the NorCal/SoCal thing. No need for you to stoop to a level below you and clown the lowly Kings. And talk about the Seattle thing. You're too good for that and its unnecessary.

I wouldn't clown the lowly Kings if fans of the lowly Kings didn't come into the Laker thread and talk crap. There are far more Warriors fans on this board than Kings fans, and they seem to do it much less than Kings fans do. I don't ever go into your guys' threads and do that, but if guys come into here I'm absolutely going to clown on them.

I'm honored that you think that's beneath me, but it's not.
I wouldn't clown the lowly Kings if fans of the lowly Kings didn't come into the Laker thread and talk crap. There are far more Warriors fans on this board than Kings fans, and they seem to do it much less than Kings fans do. I don't ever go into your guys' threads and do that, but if guys come into here I'm absolutely going to clown on them.

I'm honored that you think that's beneath me, but it's not.

I never do that. Only a couple of Kings fans, I think, clown on this thread. I think you should clown the poster and challenge their knowledge instead of the team, lol.

I know how you feel though. The Kings thread gets a lot of haters, especially a lot of know it alls during the move thing. A lot of them left afterwards, but we still get some. I think its too easy to clown the kings so some people don't even bother, haha.
Kings are s**tty organization and the new ownership will not change that

END THREAD
Share 49ersWebzone