There are 165 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Giants should do what ever they can to sign Scuturo to a two year contract even if it means paying a little more in dollars per year, perfect two year stop gap until Joe Panik is ready

As for Pagan I think the Giants should look at Trades and Free Agency to patch up the OF next year rather than giving into Pagan's contract demands. I still wished the Giant would have issued him a qualifying offer so we would have at least picked up an extra draft pick in next year's draft.

They should've offered the qualifying offer.....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Giants should do what ever they can to sign Scuturo to a two year contract even if it means paying a little more in dollars per year, perfect two year stop gap until Joe Panik is ready

As for Pagan I think the Giants should look at Trades and Free Agency to patch up the OF next year rather than giving into Pagan's contract demands. I still wished the Giant would have issued him a qualifying offer so we would have at least picked up an extra draft pick in next year's draft.

Agreed. He's supposedly asking for 5/$60 which is ridiculous.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Agreed. He's supposedly asking for 5/$60 which is ridiculous.

He isnt going to get that kind of deal. I say 4/40 is his max.
Hey Sabean,

Giancarlo Stanton in SF

Make it happen
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Hey Sabean,

Giancarlo Stanton in SF

Make it happen

You ready to deal Buster or Cain because there is no other Giant that comes close to Stanton's worth.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Hey Sabean,

Giancarlo Stanton in SF

Make it happen

You ready to deal Buster or Cain because there is no other Giant that comes close to Stanton's worth.

Miami wouldnt take that, too much $$$$$$$$$
Hey Sabean,

Giancarlo Stanton in SF

Make it happen

Miami wouldnt take that, too much $$$$$$$$$

Ha! They wouldnt deal Stanton for Cain but Posey would be another story. That they would do I'm guessing.
Hey Sabean,

Giancarlo Stanton in SF

Make it happen

This.
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
I don't mind giving up Gary Brown and the next top prospect for Stanton!
rewatching the 10th inning of the the World Series on my DVR....:)

Originally posted by Dapro:
I don't mind giving up Gary Brown and the next top prospect for Stanton!

Or all of our top 10. Don't give a f**k if they get Stanton (partially kidding).
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Nov 13, 2012 at 10:16 PM ]
I like Mike. Plays right field - right? What would happen to Hunter, if we were to sign Stanton?
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
I like Mike. Plays right field - right? What would happen to Hunter, if we were to sign Stanton?

Can't sign him, would have to trade him and they'd move Hunter to LF I'd imagine. Never going to happen though.
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

What the heck are you talking about with Hunter?
What the heck are you talking about with Hunter?

Where does Hunter Pence play? I was under the impression Hunter plays RF as does Stanton, If they were to sign Stanton to play right field what would be done with Hunter? Sorry for the confusion. What am I missing? I am talking about Hunter Pence NOT Torii Hunter who plays CF and signed with the Detroit Tigers
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Nov 14, 2012 at 11:18 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone