LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 425 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

More from the ESPN chat................ this would be awesome if true ( as far as being potential #2 starters)

Blackburn & Crick up in a few years to replace Zito and Volgy? Front-line or back-end starters? Ceilings?

Klaw (2:03 PM)

2-3 years. Potential #2 starters.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
More from the ESPN chat................ this would be awesome if true ( as far as being potential #2 starters)

Blackburn & Crick up in a few years to replace Zito and Volgy? Front-line or back-end starters? Ceilings?

Sounds good. No mention of Stratton either. I am curious about him.

Not surprised to hear that about Gary Brown....
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Pagan wants 5 for 60 million? lol thanks for the ring now GTFO

No way he gets that. I still think 4/40 is his max

If Rowand could get 60 million, pagan will get it.
Originally posted by Garcia:

Sounds good. No mention of Stratton either. I am curious about him.

Not surprised to hear that about Gary Brown....

Stratton was just drafted, so outside his draft profile, he doesnt have much to scout yet.
ESPN Chat with Keith Law. I guess he isnt real confident about Gary Brown.

Eric (Altadena)
Heya Keith. How far off do you think Gary Brown is from The Show? Can the Giants afford to let Pagan walk, especially since he is seeking something in the 5/$60 range?

Klaw (1:18 PM)
Given Brown's performance this year and how he looked in the AFL, I'm not so sure he's the long-term answer in CF any more.

Even Keith Law should know the AFL doesn't mean anything.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Eric (Altadena)
Heya Keith. How far off do you think Gary Brown is from The Show? Can the Giants afford to let Pagan walk, especially since he is seeking something in the 5/$60 range?

Given Brown's performance this year and how he looked in the AFL, I'm not so sure he's the long-term answer in CF any more.

Brown had a bad year at AA as well. He took a big step back last year, especially for a top prospect. If hes going to struggle to get to AAA, the Giants need to look at other options for the next couple years.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SFrush:

Eric (Altadena)

Brown had a bad year at AA as well. He took a big step back last year, especially for a top prospect. If hes going to struggle to get to AAA, the Giants need to look at other options for the next couple years.

I don't think he had a bad year in AA, it wasn't amazing but pretty average.

Don't know how a stat line of : .317//357/.385 in the AFL would change anyone's mind about what kind of player he is.

I think he'll start off in AAA and play well enough to get a mid-season call up or a cup of coffee at the very least. Not worried about him yet.
It's not exactly easy to hit .300 in a pitcher dominated league like the eastern league. So I can live with his .280/.347 slash line especially after his struggles the first two months.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Pagan wants 5 for 60 million? lol thanks for the ring now GTFO

No way he gets that. I still think 4/40 is his max

If Rowand could get 60 million, pagan will get it.

We shall see. I dont think he gets that but it only takes 1 stupid team to pull the trigger on it. I would let him go before I paid Angel 60 million dollars.
Posey wins MVP, another parade

Comeback Player of the Year Award.
Hank Aaron Award.
Batting Champion.
Silver Slugger.
World Series Champion.
NL Most Valuable Player.

Am I missing anything?

CONGRATS POSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posey got 27 of 32 first base votes. LANDSLIDE
hof credentials
Originally posted by schmons:
hof credentials

At 25, it's insanity. Easily going to go down as the best Giant-drafted player in the team's SF history.
Share 49ersWebzone