There are 101 users in the forums

What is the toughest major team sport in the world in terms of physical punishment?

What is the toughest major team sport in the world in terms of physical punishment?

Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Lol helmets.

This hit was illegal.
1.UFC
2.Boxing
3.Australian football
4.Rugby
5.Football

Football uses pad. It's still tough but IMO it's not as tough UFC, boxing, australian football and rugby.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
UFC,Boxing definately tough but the question was about team sports
Prison of Glass's helmet hit on #84 was pretty savage considering the guy had jumped up for the ball and was still coming down as he got
connected ,and then head hits the ground also
Ouch
[ Edited by JoNeo on Jan 25, 2016 at 9:26 PM ]
Difference in fighting sports compared to ball sports, so no match, but injuries and roughness plus endurance u can configure stats both have had injuries, paraplegic to fatalities, ones individual the
other is team so u be the judge.
Originally posted by JoNeo:
UFC,Boxing definately tough but the question was about team sports
Prison of Glass's helmet hit on #84 was pretty savage considering the guy had jumped up for the ball and was still coming down as he got
connected ,and then head hits the ground also
Ouch

Savage hit yes but nowhere near as bad as having a similar hit with an unprotected head.

No way can you compare American football to a martial sport, hands down boxing MMA kickboxing and the other martial sports is way way harder.

1. Boxing

2. Football

Hands down, Rugby players are tough but they are no where near as vicious as NFL football players. Football has to have special rules to keep guys from getting killed. Rugby players are great athletes but they don't have or need such rules.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Jan 28, 2016 at 1:50 PM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:

1. Boxing

2. Football

Hands down, Rugby players are tough but they are no where near as vicious as NFL football players. Football has to have special rules to keep guys from getting killed. Rugby players are great athletes but they don't have or need such rules.
I agree with boxing and the other martial sports being more vicious but those are individual sports not team sports. Rugby leagues viciousness make it understandable how many of its players tend to gravitate towards professional boxing during and or after their league careers.

American football is vicious but nowhere near as vicious as rugby league or union. AF has further been neutered with many rules protecting the already protected players, fair catch and roughing the passer are two of the many rules not present in League.

Hands down the most skillful, vicious and toughest football game of all would have to be State of Origin, where club team mates and sometimes family members try kill each other.
[ Edited by monaroCountry on Jan 28, 2016 at 5:46 PM ]
Originally posted by monaroCountry:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
1. Boxing

2. Football

I agree with boxing and the other martial sports being more vicious but those are individual sports not team sports. Rugby leagues viciousness make it understandable how many of its players tend to gravitate towards professional boxing during and or after their league careers.

American football is vicious but nowhere near as vicious as rugby league or union. AF has further been neutered with many rules protecting the already protected players, fair catch and roughing the passer are two of the many rules not present in League.

Hands down the most skillful, vicious and toughest football game of all would have to be State of Origin, where club team mates and sometimes family members try kill each other.
hear! hear!
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Might as well chuck in the 2014 GF where big Sam Burgess played with a fractured cheekbone and depressed eye socket he copped in the first play of the
game
They could not get him off the field such was his toughness
https://youtu.be/G-qfb96Cue4
  • Jiks
  • Veteran
Even Hayne admits how brutal th NFL is. As far as brutality, NFL has to be tops IMO.
[ Edited by Jiks on Feb 7, 2016 at 11:15 PM ]

Originally posted by Jiks:
Even Hayne admits how brutal th NFL is. As far as brutality, NFL has to be tops IMO.

I've played both sports in my youth. And I'll tell ya, I wish football had no pads. Not because I think it will be tougher, but because it won't hurt as much the next day.

Football is WAY more painful the following day. And I remember nights where I thought I must have come from a Metal concert because my ears would NOT stop ringing.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
"When I came off the full game I played in Detroit, my head was ringing," the 27-year-old said in an interview with Triple M's Grill Team in Sydney.

"That was obviously my first time being out there for that long. Literally, it was hard to sleep. Your head, your neck, your shoulders, people don't realise that just because you've got a helmet on, doesn't mean it helps your brain or anything like that."

"Everyone does that. It is scary. For me, after that full game I played, I was like, 'I don't know how a running back can do that for 10 years.' It's some heavy hits."

"Your brain is still hitting your skull. The couple of head on hits that I had, they knock you about. The NRL is pretty endurance based, so you feel exhausted, but then the NFL, them hits, the impact that they have."

/thread
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
"When I came off the full game I played in Detroit, my head was ringing," the 27-year-old said in an interview with Triple M's Grill Team in Sydney.

"That was obviously my first time being out there for that long. Literally, it was hard to sleep. Your head, your neck, your shoulders, people don't realise that just because you've got a helmet on, doesn't mean it helps your brain or anything like that."

"Everyone does that. It is scary. For me, after that full game I played, I was like, 'I don't know how a running back can do that for 10 years.' It's some heavy hits."

"Your brain is still hitting your skull. The couple of head on hits that I had, they knock you about. The NRL is pretty endurance based, so you feel exhausted, but then the NFL, them hits, the impact that they have."

/thread

The voting is close
Here's a story of toughness
https://youtu.be/x7oAM4xn67s
Cheers
If Hayne says NFL hits are harder than NFL hits are harder,our Lord doen't lie
The answer is still hockey. Its essentially football on ice, played every other day for 6.5 months...

There are players who still dont wear visors. The puck is a frozen chunk of rubber that flies faster than you can react to it.

Share 49erswebzone